April Fool's Day! (3/31/17)

Options
13»

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And details for Bags to Riches are up. Looks like 800 will get you 8 Bagman covers (4 purple, 2 yellow, 2 blue - I thought it would be funny if they were all purple, but I'd guess others wouldn't have been amused). If competition is more fierce than usual, 800 might only get you 7 covers.

I'm assuming that the announcement that "Today we are introducing 2-Star Versus Tournaments" is an April Fool's gag and that this is a one-off (perhaps to be repeated every AFD).
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The majority of players don't have Bagman rostered
    The majority of players don't have HP to burn on what's generally considered a joke character

The next time this is run, perhaps one of the progression rewards could be a roster slot.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    The majority of players don't have HP to burn on what's generally considered a joke character

The next time this is run, perhaps one of the progression rewards could be a roster slot.
    If you don't want to roster Bagman, you can just use the loaner and sell the reward covers for ISO. Or just skip the event since it's not part of the season.
    Looks like I need to get at least 800 points and finish in the top 50 to get the two blue covers I need, but it should be doable.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    still think it's a joke considering it starts a day earlier and not right after if pvp et1 finishes. and ends monday/tuesday instead of the usual tues/weds like other pvp.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, this is definitely a joke. And one that doesn't actually hurt the playerbase, which is always nice.

People who were playing last April Fool's Day, how does this compare to Howard the Duck's release?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, this is definitely a joke. And one that doesn't actually hurt the playerbase, which is always nice.

People who were playing last April Fool's Day, how does this compare to Howard the Duck's release?
    The April Fool's joke then was just really that Howard was coming. But Webbed Wonder was a fun event, and there was the Crash that rewarded a Howard cover... This is not quite the same thing, but it's absolutely a nice surprise.
    Just noticed that the event preview promises fourstar covers as progression and placement rewards in the high SCLs, but it's really just Bagman all over...
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Actually this bagman event is a good thing...Use it as a template and insert useful characters....Now THAT would be a great PvP.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Magere wrote:
    Actually this bagman event is a good thing...Use it as a template and insert useful characters....Now THAT would be a great PvP.

I actually wouldn't mind this format for more 2* themed PvP events. Limit the roster so you can't use 4s and 5s, and a good time will be had by all.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sold my level 144 Bags a few weeks ago to cycle him. Oh well, not that he would have scared anyone.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm actually very excited for this event as it is something new
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ah finally looking forward to using Reed, Susan and Bagman!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    bbigler wrote:
    I wonder how many people have rostered Bagman? And what level their Bagman is at? I'm sure a very, very few have him at level 144. Mine is at 76 and fully covered.

They should boost Bagman like 300 levels, just for fun.
    Count me in as an owner of a 144 Bag-Champ.

I have champed and sold a Bagman and am working on a replacement. It's been slow going since they tightened the 2* rewards in LRs though.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:

That's a completely unqualified assumption.
    Moon Roach wrote:

Moon Roach wrote:

That is something I can get behind.

In other news, I'm very much pleased with the assortment of good-times gags for April Fool's Day. These things are fun and fun is good.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love the covers. I'd be ok with many of them sticking around or going into a rotation or pull them out more frequently than just for april fools day. and thank you for the bagman event. was tough fitting it in with season ending and pve but lots of extra rewards are great. and this was complete addition to normal events. 25 extra cp and a pile of iso - thanks again.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Magere wrote:

I actually wouldn't mind this format for more 2* themed PvP events. Limit the roster so you can't use 4s and 5s, and a good time will be had by all.

I came here to request the same thing.

I'm a big fan of this time slot, and I would be perfectly happy to have either regular 2 star events here, or they could do the novelty off-season events in this slot. It could be run regularly but not count towards your season score, just a freebie to earn extra rewards and play around.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was super excited about this event.... Until I realized that it wasn't just 2*s that were used. Now it's 5*/5*/Bags (either loaner or not, it doesn't really matter.)

Kill bags, then 5s. Repeat. They really should've locked out those upper tier roster.... Or not call it a 2* PVP....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

True, but I bet 20 ISO that it turns out to be correct. Of my alliance, prior to this event only 2 of us had Bagman rostered. I extrapolated from my single data point.
    El Satanno wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Which part, the lack of HP to burn, or that Bagman is a joke character? In any case, I was basing this on alliance chat and my recollection of sentiment in what I've read on the forum.
    El Satanno wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

That is something I can get behind.

In other news, I'm very much pleased with the assortment of good-times gags for April Fool's Day. These things are fun and fun is good.
    Agreed.
  • Quick Fire
    Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    I just want to say thank you for this event. While I would like to have a championed Bagman, I'm happy I was able to finally add him to my roster.

I don't PvP. Only have enough time to focus on PvE or PvP but not both and for some sick reason, I enjoy PvE (managed to find time for 200 points). Thanks to this event, I'm now only missing Devil Dino and 5* Hawkeye.

Thanks again
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Roach said a bunch of things in response to me.

We can go back and forth until we're blue in the face. Honestly, I was reacting more to the type of wild assumption you made that seems to be epidemic in this place as of late. The substance of the issue is somewhat irrelevant. I like your posts around here and this was far beneath what I expected from a guy like you.