April Fool's Day! (3/31/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

With April Fool's Day tomorrow, I wanted to pass along the fun that will be showcasing over the weekend.

• We are adding the following in-game "baby variant" comic covers for a limited time (March 31 - April 3)

Here's a couple of them to tease you with. See how many you can find!
%5BThumbnail%5D%20Comic_BlackPanther_2016_1_YoungVariant.jpg%5BThumbnail%5D%20Comic_GuardiansOfTheGalaxy_2013_1_YoungVariant.jpg%5BThumbnail%5DComic_AllNewAllDifferentAvengersAnnual_1_YoungVariant.jpg

Full List of "Baby Variant" Comics
    o Kamala Khan - All-New, All-Different Avengers Annual #1(Young Variant) o Black Panther - Black Panther (2016) #1 (Young Variant) o Rocket & Groot - Guardians of the Galaxy (2013) #1 (Young Variant) o Gwenpool - Unbelievable Gwenpool #1 (2016) (Young Variant) o Howard The Duck - Howard the Duck (2015) #1 (Young Variant) o Deadpool - Deadpool (2013) #1 (Young Variant) o Spider-Man - Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #1 (Young Variant) o Iron Man - Iron Man (2013) #1 (Young Variant) o Captain America - Captain America (2013) #1 (Young Variant)
• A special Bags to Riches Versus Tournament starring Bag-Man
    o Starts April 1 and Ends April 4 o Numerous opportunities to add Bag-Man in both progression and placement rewards
• Howard the Duck Returns!
    o Howard, the Duck is back via the Deadpool Daily Quest in a special limited time Vault and completion of the Crash of the Titans mission. o Going on now through April 3rd.

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I guess this will be my first time I've ever actually used or looked at Bagman's powers. I assumed it would never happen.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And here I was hoping for "Vintage tokens were a joke and we're getting rid of vaulting, haha got you guys good"
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    • Howard the Duck Returns!
      o Howard, the Duck is back via the Deadpool Daily Quest in a special limited time Vault and completion of the Crash of the Titans mission. o Going on now through April 3rd.

So this is confirmation no Howard PVE running?
    Also confirmation that the next Crash will reward Howard instead of an LT?
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    nice...did they actually see my suggestion from last year?

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40709&p=491948&hilit=skottie#p491948

say, brigby, devs,...powers that be, how about you hook a brother up? lol
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder how many people have rostered Bagman? And what level their Bagman is at? I'm sure a very, very few have him at level 144. Mine is at 76 and fully covered.

They should boost Bagman like 300 levels, just for fun.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesomesauce! More holiday and special events like this please! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rostered: Level 96 Champed Bagman

fist-pump-baby-yes.jpg
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bbigler wrote:
    I wonder how many people have rostered Bagman? And what level their Bagman is at? I'm sure a very, very few have him at level 144. Mine is at 76 and fully covered.

They should boost Bagman like 300 levels, just for fun.
    Count me in as an owner of a 144 Bag-Champ.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm very excited to win more Bagmans at a greater rate than once every 3 months!!! I win more 5*s than Bagmans!
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Kamala Khan cover makes me chuckle because all of the characters lying in a heap at the bottom have the power of flight.
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Wow I have been so disenchanted with the vaulting and vintage "solution" to it, that I thought nothing could cheer me up. But the baby covers made me smile and the return of a more accessible bagman has really Given me something to be excited about. I am looking forward to the bagman tourney for sure. Thanks for hearing the (maybe limited) call to get more chances to collect champ levels for bagman.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Bagman is currently 5/1/5 with another purple on the vine. Looking forward to a chance to get more blues!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Love the BP cover! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also, Bagman event is nice, maybe I'll finally get some more covers as they come in very slowly because I don't play much of PVP.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I vote for at least the BP cover to be made permanent :3
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Special "Holiday" events are always welcome and appreciated. Thanks MPQ!

My champed L122 Bagman is ready for duty, and looking forward to earning additional champ levels.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hate April Fools Day

But i love me some Skottie Young, so I am all over these covers. Guy is incredible
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like Young is in a never-ending competition with Art Baltazar to see who can draw the most hilariously adorable superheroes and we're all winning.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a great idea to break everyone in to the idea of pvp with characters they can barely win or roster by playing a pvp with a character you haven't got a cover for in a year. This is the future guys, embrace it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    And here I was hoping for "Vintage tokens were a joke and we're getting rid of vaulting, haha got you guys good"

I was coming to say exactly this.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I say change all the covers in game to Skottie Young covers, love him! Imagine this was the Thanos cover for here on out - C123411.jpg