April Fool's Day! (3/31/17)

Options

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is great! Way to reward players that collect all covers and play all events. Looking forward to max champ Bagman during this event. Been getting him sporadically as rewards for random Lightning Round fights and I'm pretty close. Wanna see what the Vintage Heroics is all about as well during this off season.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    !!!!! icon_eek.gif Can you imagine how crazy all of Bag-Man's moves will scale-up when champed & buffed??? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

All kidding aside, as someone slowly creeping towards a 144 Bag-man, I approve of this idea. Looking forward to some bag-on-bag action!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bigsmooth wrote:
    The Kamala Khan cover makes me chuckle because all of the characters lying in a heap at the bottom have the power of flight.

You'll note she's pulling a "Lucy," (as in, from Peanuts,) but yes, I noticed that too.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they really wanted to troll us, they'd make the last Hulk mission a 3v1 VS a level 2000 Bag-Man, or something like that. Make the mission take an hour and a half of stun and hit or you lose to the worst character in the game just from match DMG.

Or not. I think I have mine up to 131 or something. So.... Getting there.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    00aedb5ef8d824ca0edf7e67ccb876fb3968c0f81465fb5b80b0826b588a6b04.jpg
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, I almost wish we were just given a purple Howard cover because there haven't been any tokens for getting him.

Bagman. Is bagman, nothing to say besides he's another one I probably won't roster because unless you can start champing anyone with a cover of the same level, he'll be roster space dust.
    I get one cover of him maybe every 6 months?

Every time I think of rostering him, i remember his powers are bad and he isn't required for anything.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These covers are adorable. Especially the Black Panther one!

I'm requesting these be made permanent.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I get one cover of him maybe every 6 months?

Hmm. Do you not play PvP? I rostered him 11 days ago and already have 9 covers for him (had five when I rostered him, which I had obviously gotten in the previous two weeks). Maybe Bags RNG just smiled on me.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This Bagman event is very coincidental for me because I recently fully covered my Bagman and then got an extra cover, but he wasn't champed. So, then I had the pressure to champ him and avoid selling the cover. Fortunately, I now have a good reason to champ him, because it would have felt like a waste of ISO.

Here's my question to the community: who pairs well with Bagman???

His Purple ability could create match 5's, but it does cost 13 or 18 AP!
    His Blue ability is temporary defense against special tiles, but it costs 9 to 17 AP!
    His Yellow ability can be useful with CD tiles that you want to stay (like Dr. Strange) or slow down your opponent's tiles, but it requires web tiles to work well.

Most likely, people will just play him with their best 2 characters; I think I'll use Peggy and Rhulk.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I once had ten of his covers in my queue. Unfortunately​, I didn't have the HP to roster him at the time, so I sold them. My two-cover Bagman sheds a tear when he thinks of them.

I rarely get him from regular PvP, but he shows up in lightning rounds fairly often. Of course, I don't really play that much PvP, but I play lightning rounds like it's my job, so there's that.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler wrote:
    This Bagman event is very coincidental for me because I recently fully covered my Bagman and then got an extra cover, but he wasn't champed. So, then I had the pressure to champ him and avoid selling the cover. Fortunately, I now have a good reason to champ him, because it would have felt like a waste of ISO.

Here's my question to the community: who pairs well with Bagman???

His Purple ability could create match 5's, but it does cost 13 or 18 AP!
    His Blue ability is temporary defense against special tiles, but it costs 9 to 17 AP!
    His Yellow ability can be useful with CD tiles that you want to stay (like Dr. Strange) or slow down your opponent's tiles, but it requires web tiles to work well.

Most likely, people will just play him with their best 2 characters; I think I'll use Peggy and Rhulk.

Mr. Fantastic is great because Bagman can extend the black power and counts as a FF member for the extra green AP on the yellow power. Starlord to keep the passive yellow on the board, same for Iceman with the blue. Medusa would be sweet too.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    THIS!

More stuff like this please devs!

We like to have fun, and to get more covers (even "sub-prime" ones) as a part of it.

Thank you!
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Always liked this one.

ijeBeUE.jpg?1
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got an LT for the Clash of the Titans, was I supposed to get a Howard?
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm very surprised that there isn't a limited character coming out this year like last year. icon_cry.gif
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Anon wrote:
    These covers are adorable. Especially the Black Panther one!

I'm requesting these be made permanent.
    I'm thinking of cross-stitching one, because I'm a dork like that.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really like these covers. I'd love to have at least a couple of them (Panther and Gwenpool, at least) stick around.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loved that Howard cover, very meta using that one given the past several days.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are we supposed to play along? The Bag Man event is the AFD joke...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just want to thank the devs for adding fun things to the game. The covers change is:
    1. Free
    2. Fun
    3. Welcome for those who have been playing for years

And it took effort from the devs. Which they didn't have to do.

This makes me think the devs are really trying their best to make this game work. Errors happen. Bugs happen, and frustrate us - and the devs. But they are trying.

Thanks!

P.S. I for one would love more frequent variant covers. Maybe specific lines or anniversaries. Any excuse, really.