**** Cloak & Dagger (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    Questions I have about Darkness Hungers:

1) If both team have it at 5 covers does it actually reduce both Darkness Hungers to 1 cover and so they then go to 4 covers. That then switches to 3 covers and so on as it oscillates endlessly every turn. Or is this power immune from itself?

2) If you are facing Black Bolt and he is giving +2 power and Darkness hungers is giving -4 is that a -2 overall or a -4 overall or -3 overall (reduce Bolt to +1 then subtract 4) or something else entirely?

KGB

Wait, the Darkness hungers tile lowers powers each turn? I assumed that as long as it was out the enemy powers were lowered. That would make scenario 1 easier. Whoever uses the power first gets it at 5, the enemy will then have their power at 1. If they then used it at 1, the first team already has their tile out, so it wouldn't get affected. At least that's how I imagine it would play out. Like if Carol already has her black out, then gets lowered, the countdown still does the same damage, but the passive buff will be at 1 cover. Antman would be interesting, because his countdown would steal the same but his grow would be lowered.

Scenario 2, my guess is that if BB tile is first, then the chosen character will be 5/5/5 so then it will be lowered to 1/1/1. If C&D is first, it will reduce to 1/1/1, then BB will buff it to 3/3/3. If BB is chosen to be lowered but his motivation is already out, that tile still buffs the other character the same since you can't lower two characters at the same time.

Just my guess tho.

• Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    The value of the tile is whatever level you put it out at. WHy would that fluctuate? Same with black bolt. Even if his yellow ends whatever tile you put out an an increased level stays. Its not even a question really.
    For black bolt: max is 5. so if BB does his thing first and you do yours, the power level is 1. 
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Quick analysis:

Pocket dimension - Pretty easy to get the 2k damage for only 3 AP, which is crazy good as far as cheap damage goes. Still, in a boosted match, it will do about 4k, which is nothing against a 35k enemy, even though it is spammable. I think this would be good with a character that does something everything you use a skill, like Carnage.

Cough cough *Starlord
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gari said:
    Quick analysis:

Pocket dimension - Pretty easy to get the 2k damage for only 3 AP, which is crazy good as far as cheap damage goes. Still, in a boosted match, it will do about 4k, which is nothing against a 35k enemy, even though it is spammable. I think this would be good with a character that does something everything you use a skill, like Carnage.

Cough cough *Starlord

Nope, he would be useless here. The skill won't go below 3 ap. Might be a good counter, along with Power Man.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't seen anything about C&D lately. Has anyone covered and champed them yet? Curious if they're good and what their best build is.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options

5 Yellow (Dagger): you either deal 3317 single-target damage and remove 5 enemy Strikes/Attacks/Protects, or deal 3317 AOE damage. The latter is actually better than Agent Venom's yellow.
    5 Yellow (Cloak): you either heal, or create yellow tiles that means you can heal. No-brainer here

5 Black (Dagger): again, no-brainer. Similar to Bl4de's Red, Cloak creates an attack tile if you have a minimum amount of Black. Unlike Blade, if you have less than that minimum amount, he creates Black tiles to hit that minimum amount.
    5 Black (Cloak): Personally I think a 7-turn Fortified tile is a tad overkill. It's definitely useful against overscaled, overpowered enemies though, especially 5*

These mean that Purple is the one being sacrificed. It does half the damage at 3 covers than at 5, and requires 2 more tiles, but 11 tiles isn't that hard to achieve (especially with the passive yellow and black), and if you transform often the damage will still add up anyway

I'm just wondering if there are any arguments for a 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 build. However, I find you give up too much by reducing yellow (both forms) to 3; similarly for Child of Darkness
    I have them champed, but haven't used them much as they haven't complemented the boosted characters that well and that is my mine criteria for using unboosted champs these days.

When I have used them so far, it was with a stronger black so I was using them more as a black battery plus yellow so I went with 5/4/4 so I got the maximum amount of black tiles generated without hampering Purple quite so badly.

One thing I just noticed, the powers post for this character states 4 black generated at 5 covers, but I am only seeing an increase in the strength of the attack tile on the ingame character screen, is the first post incorrect or is the character currently bugged ingame?
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Need advice whom to champ next? Iron 4ist, or C&D? Both fully covered. IF have 3 covers pending(but will be featured in PVE soon), and CD have 5 covers pending(got two extra covers today).

If need 200k iso, CD need 300k iso

Other charaters to champ that i didn't consider: Riri, Agent Venom (2 and 1 covers pending)

• ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lukoil said:
    Need advice whom to champ next? Iron 4ist, or C&D? Both fully covered. IF have 3 covers pending(but will be featured in PVE soon), and CD have 5 covers pending(got two extra covers today).

If need 200k iso, CD need 300k iso

Other charaters to champ that i didn't consider: Riri, Agent Venom (2 and 1 covers pending)

C&D easy choice..
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unfortunately my C&D is currently 0/3/0, so apart from being able to generate black tiles/strikes, I cant really get a sense of how they will work
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My C&D are at 3/4/4 right now with enough covers to champ and I probably will soon. I think I'll run them at 3/5/5. I want the attack tiles up as high as possible. But I will consider 4/4/5 because I'll be primarily be using them as a yellow and black AP interchangeable battery. 

Characters i I look forward to tagging them with....

4* Fist and 4* Cage
    Wasp and 4* Captain Marvel
    5* Black Panther and 3* Storm
    5* Black Panther and 2* Captain Marvel
    5* Black Panther and Invisible Woman
    Wasp and Gwenpoole

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If the other two are coulson and carol then you do care about attack tiles. Too much colour overlap between the three of them but the team works.

• Tiger_Wong
    Options
    mexus said:
    My C&D are at 3/4/4 right now with enough covers to champ and I probably will soon. I think I'll run them at 3/5/5. I want the attack tiles up as high as possible. But I will consider 4/4/5 because I'll be primarily be using them as a yellow and black AP interchangeable battery. 

Characters i I look forward to tagging them with....

4* Fist and 4* Cage
    Wasp and 4* Captain Marvel
    5* Black Panther and 3* Storm
    5* Black Panther and 2* Captain Marvel
    5* Black Panther and Invisible Woman
    Wasp and Gwenpoole

I feel 5 yellow is essential because it's a decent attack, potentially a AoE. The thing I care about the least is their attack tiles actually.
    I understand that train of thought. But because I'm gonna run them with BP and with Panthers Prey, the damage really adds up every turn. And another character will be primarily consuming yellow. 
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm in a weird spot where my best 4* is my level 320 OML. My other 4*s are **** like XFW and Nick Fury, although I just completed Powerman Cage (and he competes with OML for colors). 

But, my main point here is that I'm working to get C&D because even partially build their passive yellow and black generation along with a cheap, spammable power work insanely well with a soft-capped OML.

I doubt this will apply to many people, but it's good enough that I and trying to get them as my next 4* champ.

I'm looking at 4/4/5 to optimize the passive tile generation. I'm at 3/3/2 at present.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    I'm in a weird spot where my best 4* is my level 320 OML. My other 4*s are tinykitty like XFW and Nick Fury, although I just completed Powerman Cage (and he competes with OML for colors). 

But, my main point here is that I'm working to get C&D because even partially build their passive yellow and black generation along with a cheap, spammable power work insanely well with a soft-capped OML.

I doubt this will apply to many people, but it's good enough that I and trying to get them as my next 4* champ.

I'm looking at 4/4/5 to optimize the passive tile generation. I'm at 3/3/2 at present.
    I kinda like my Cloak & Dagger so far but maybe I like them more in theory than in practice. I had high hopes for the tile generation but they quickly stop generating tiles and do the heal  / attack tile generation instead. it's not like they fill the board with yellow and black tiles. And they're so weak! But it's fun switching between them for a mere 3AP and the damage adds up. Three good switches = 9AP = 6000 damage. Not overwhelming for a 4* but still kinda OK.
    Well, even though you get more total tiles created if you have your yellow/black at 5, dropping them down increases the threshold for creating the tiles, so maybe that's it? I'm playing them as a support character, so I don't need max level drain/damage on black and yellow for them. 

I'm also thinking about 3/5/5 to create more yellow. At a threshold of 10 yellows on board it's constantly giving me matches and Old Habits is a good, spammable skill, so I may try this. But, that's all depending on me actually GETTING the covers.

EDIT: So, looking at the front page, it seems like it's wrong. At 3 covers it says it will trigger with 11 tiles, but in game it says 10. Wonder if that was a stealth change or a typo? I never noticed the difference.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options

I'm also thinking about 3/5/5 to create more yellow. At a threshold of 10 yellows on board it's constantly giving me matches and Old Habits is a good, spammable skill, so I may try this. But, that's all depending on me actually GETTING the covers.

EDIT: So, looking at the front page, it seems like it's wrong. At 3 covers it says it will trigger with 11 tiles, but in game it says 10. Wonder if that was a stealth change or a typo? I never noticed the difference.
    The powers were likely changed between the version Cthulu used to make this post and the one that went live.

Since the advent of multiple pages for powers with multiple effects, I'm starting to wonder what the point of these posts even is; anyone with the game can look up the level 70 stats as soon as the rewards for the story event are posted, and the level 270 stats are easily extrapolated from there. And it's not like they get posted a week in advance; sometimes it's the same day or even the day after they're view-able in game.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    C&D 5/3/5
    Wasp 5/5/3
    Carol 5/5/3

C&D 5/3/5
    5* Black Panther (I'm at 2/1/4)
    2* Captain Marvel 3/5/5

My two go-to teams 

• shmoli
    shmoli Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    C&D 5/3/5
    Wasp 5/5/3
    Carol 5/5/3

C&D 5/3/5
    5* Black Panther (I'm at 2/1/4)
    2* Captain Marvel 3/5/5

My two go-to teams 

I had to think about the BP team for a second, but i like it.  When i finally get my C&D covered i'll take it out for a spin with my 5/2/2 BP.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can't seem to find a good 4* combo for C&D. Tried some things on the simulator but nothing really solid. Used 4*Thor+Cho+IM40 for boss so i'll have to wait for them to be boosted again and give it a try during PvP week.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Gamora/R&G/C&D is a really potent sim team. C&D feeds Gamora black or gives quick attack tiles to take advantage of all of the big strike tiles you start with. I've been running it as my B team in sim and it shreds through teams without requiring active powers. There's nothing like removing Peggy's passive two turns in. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dont have enough C&D covers to be sure, but they seem like they could be a good combo for Agent Venom with all the Yellow and Black tiles they create?