No more Mordo!!!

Comments

• Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Suprised there isn't an xmen team bonus like team cap/iron etc since they have x men at most ranks.

I am happy at a 4* iron fist, now i wont have always to use 3* fist for the extra support tile off of 4* cage.

As for new characters well it's the core of the game and keeps the money going, it's a pain trying to champ current covers when new ones are firing out and you find others vanish into the vault but it keeps the money ticking, extra slots, extra covers n so on, some chars i want some i leave (mordo/coulson weren't on my list tho i have picked up a few covers here n there but if push came to shove they'd be first to go for a 5*if i drew one and couldn't farm the hp quick enough).

I'd rather the game let me pick so many chars that would be in the 4* portions of tokens, so say 6 of the newest that cycles and then 6 of my own chosing so i could at least have a good shot at champing older characters without completely relying on bonus covers though i obviously accept it would probably be a pain to code and there's probably other underlying problems in that idea itself but you get the gist.

As for new chars it's more than likely gonna be some dupe, nothing really new out (maybe prof x's son from legions, he'd be interesting with that ogre mutant and his errm mental health)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. Talk about a non-issue. Loading screen nitpicking?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I prefer Mordo to Cho's nipple.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Beastwood wrote:
    Suprised there isn't an xmen team bonus like team cap/iron etc since they have x men at most ranks.

They used to have special boosts that did extra damage to certain factions - dark Avengers, Hammer, etc. X-Men was one of them. Those were phased out before teamups were a thing, but if you had them, you could still use them. I still have 3 "+20% damage to Hammer" boosts.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    They used to have special boosts that did extra damage to certain factions - dark Avengers, Hammer, etc. X-Men was one of them.
    I remember those! Was it X-Men? Or +% damage to mutants?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    The thing I like about Mordo is that it shows that Captain Peggy is not an exception, and the people adding characters are willing to add characters that aren't featured prominently in the cover of any comic.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    They used to have special boosts that did extra damage to certain factions - dark Avengers, Hammer, etc. X-Men was one of them.
    I remember those! Was it X-Men? Or +% damage to mutants?

Both. I've still got 1 of each, plus 3 +20% damage to Maggia and 4 +150% damage to HAMMER. Wish I had all the old ones icon_e_sad.gif
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Surprised that this thread already making it's way through its second page of comments.

Anyway, I'm always happy to add to a wish list;
    D3 please add

Mojo and M.O.D.O.K.,
    Longshot and the Morlocks;
    Callisto,
    Caliban,
    Cannonball,
    Multiple Man;
    Warren Worthington the Third
    (just one version would be preferred);
    Yellowjacket,
    Red Skull,
    Blue Beetle?
    Blackheart;
    Zemo,
    Electro,
    Mysterio,
    Crossbones;
    Hogun,
    Fandral,
    Volstagg,
    Jessica Jones;
    Hellcat,
    Black Cat,
    Wiccan,
    and that's that
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    The way I see it, the reason why there's so much hate for certain characters is in MPQ you literally gotta catch them all, or you're shooting yourself in the foot. If, for example, required nodes each had 3 potential characters from that tier that worked, people could live and let live. That character's not my cup of tea, I'll sell their covers and move on.

(No, I know it's not gonna happen.)
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    D3 please add

Blue Beetle?

Uh, don't hold out too much hope for that, considering he's a DC character icon_e_smile.gif
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    D3 please add

Blue Beetle?

Uh, don't hold out too much hope for that, considering he's a DC character icon_e_smile.gif

You missed the joke, but ok icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    We'll be getting covers for that one guy with the one arm played by Gollum and that one girl from the broke girls who says meow meow before we'll be seeing any new Xmen characters in this game.
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    We'll be getting covers for that one guy with the one arm played by Gollum and that one girl from the broke girls who says meow meow before we'll be seeing any new Xmen characters in this game.
    I wouldn't really mind having Klaw as a new character, at least he'd be new and a villain. Give him some sound-based board destruction/shuffle powers (like Quake and BB) and he could be fun. Throw in a new Doom too, just for the heck of it, he deserves to be more than just a 3*.
    And I believe Kat Dennings shouts "Mjölnir" instead of "meow meow", as it's flying past her...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    RemcoLoki wrote:
    And I believe Kat Dennings shouts "Mjölnir" instead of "meow meow", as it's flying past her...

Go watch that scene again, with subtitles.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    How about the creepy one with both Ghost Rider and Cho? <shudder>
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    JablesMc wrote:
    rekzkarz wrote:
    How about a "* toggle" which allows players to add or lower ranks to Champions? Spend some HP or max Champion and then 'rank up' your FAV char to next * level?

I kinda like this idea. it's interesting to speculate what a 5* Juggs would be like.

He'd probably break the screen.

This idea should only ever be implemented if they figure out how to make abilities scale at high levels reasonably for lower tier characters. Theres a very good reason 1* cant be champed....
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I would like to see Blob in the game and multiple man sounds fun too (damage prevention skills) Terminator and Scarecrow please too icon_e_smile.gif
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Umm D3 is currently negotiating a new rights deal with fox for characters so we may get a surge of x men/f4 chars soon
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 wrote:
    Umm D3 is currently negotiating a new rights deal with fox for characters so we may get a surge of x men/f4 chars soon
    Interesting. Source?
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    A mod mentioned it somewhere a few days ago on the forums forgot where exactly