No more Mordo!!!

rekzkarz
rekzkarz Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
This is one of my fav games.

But I often get concerned that you (d3) don't understand comics. Mordo doesnt deserve a boot screen. Mordo is a petty supporting character / villain in the movie Dr Strange, and altho Baron Mordo is a big villain <-- he looks totally different AND isnt a martial artist.

Please make Mordo go away! No one likes him, no one wants him.

Here's my suggestions for characters you should immediately add to game:
Juggernaut (4*)
New Mutants (2 & 3*s)
Alpha Flight team,
entire XMen lineup (Thunderbird, Banshee, Rogue, Nightcrawler, etc)
original Evil Mutants (Toad, Blob, etc)

and get rid of too many duplicates (ie Wolverines, Storms, etc).

You can start a "trade in" policy to get rid of covers / unloved heroes/villains -- when youre going to decomisssion a bad character, like Howard the Duck, Agent Venom, or one of these super-annoying Hawkeyes, simply allow players to transfer their covers/ISO from one to another cover.

Now back to covers -- ONLY include solo heroes if they had their own movies!!! Its simple! Capt Marvel hasnt (yet), and while I love her old black/yellow costume, I despise the new silly uniform, and her movie aint out yet so *WAIT*.

Lastly, please dont make duplicate Guardians of the Galaxy!!! NoooooOooOoo baby Groot or anything!

Duplicates (ie 3* aand 5* Dr Strange, Thanos, Phoenix, etc) make players who get the 3* frustrated that they got the mediocre cover; and the 5* people know it will take forever to max their 5* so they get frustrated also.

How about a "* toggle" which allows players to add or lower ranks to Champions? Spend some HP or max Champion and then 'rank up' your FAV char to next * level?

Thanks for a great game, btw.

Comments

• Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    rekzkarz wrote:
    Lastly, please dont make duplicate Guardians of the Galaxy!!! NoooooOooOoo baby Groot or anything!

FWLn9THl.jpg

/Does not approve
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're probably getting Iron Beard on the loading screen next week.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I like the 3/5 system. Gives me a 3* that I know I'll get and a new 5 to look forward to. Hell, I really like the Dr. Strange 3* because the heal is rather great for PvE nodes. It'd be interesting if they did more PvE focused builds of the 3*s.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    They keep providing surveys for character ideas... yet we keep getting **** characters no one asked or care for..
    Now I gotta grind for a Chuck Norris Fist..
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    They keep providing surveys for character ideas... yet we keep getting tinykitty characters no one asked or care for..
    You don't have to grind for anyone. If Hobo Fist is not to your liking, just skip him. It's not a big deal.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    rekzkarz wrote:

Oh, to be so naive.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great melt, A plus for effort.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    rekzkarz wrote:

But I often get concerned that you (d3) don't understand comics.

Psssssst. Not everyone who plays this game, even obsessively, is a crazy comic book fan.

Also, Howard's not a bad character.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I first started playing Cho Hulk was on the loading screen for months. It shocked me the first time I saw the loading screen change.

Those were dark days...
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    rekzkarz wrote:

But I often get concerned that you (d3) don't understand comics. Mordo doesnt deserve a boot screen. Mordo is a petty supporting character / villain in the movie Dr Strange, and altho Baron Mordo is a big villain <-- he looks totally different AND isnt a martial artist.

Juggernaut (4*)
    New Mutants (2 & 3*s)
    Alpha Flight team,

You can start a "trade in" policy to get rid of covers / unloved heroes/villains -- when youre going to decomisssion a bad character, like Howard the Duck, Agent Venom, or one of these super-annoying Hawkeyes, simply allow players to transfer their covers/ISO from one to another cover.

Now back to covers -- ONLY include solo heroes if they had their own movies!!! Its simple! Capt Marvel hasnt (yet), and while I love her old black/yellow costume, I despise the new silly uniform, and her movie aint out yet so *WAIT*.

Duplicates (ie 3* aand 5* Dr Strange, Thanos, Phoenix, etc) make players who get the 3* frustrated that they got the mediocre cover; and the 5* people know it will take forever to max their 5* so they get frustrated also.

How about a "* toggle" which allows players to add or lower ranks to Champions? Spend some HP or max Champion and then 'rank up' your FAV char to next * level?

Wow! You realy hate Mordo huh? This is the second topic you start about him...

The 3*/5* releases is one of the best things they did. Gives the non whales also the opportunity to play with the new 5* (only in. 3* version)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    The real issue here is that they've limited characters to set rarity, power level and abilities.
    IMO what they should have done is make a character where you can essentially collect his abilities (which have different rarity) levels - a bit like the classic puzzle quest. This would mean that everyone would be able to use their favorite characters at almost any level assuming you had gained abilities at a high enough level to compete.

Then they could sell skins/comic covers for decor and everyone would be happy - like most modern day games.
    Instead... we have dupes and lots of favorite peoples characters and/or abilities are stuck at a low star.png level/rarity, left to gather dust.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    yeah, we haven't gotten new X characters in a long time. Phoenix and X-23 about 1.5 year ago.

They only want to promote the Marvel movies, not the Fox movies. I'm sure we will get new versions of Guardians of the Galaxy when GotG vol. 2 comes out in May.

Some people speculate that Kate Bishop was originally supposed to be a tie-in to X-Men Apocalypse. Like an Angel of Death character that could stop you from healing. But Marvel told them NO, so they changed it to Kate Bishop (but left the powerset the same). Which explains why they gave Kate Bishop the power to stop enemies from healing, WHICH SHE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO IN ANY REALITY.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Did this dude really call the *** variants of Strange and Thanos mediocre? OP? I suggest you cover them well and use them. You will find that they are well above the mediocre level. Thanks.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    rekzkarz wrote:

I kinda like this idea. it's interesting to speculate what a 5* Juggs would be like.

He'd probably break the screen.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    They keep providing surveys for character ideas... yet we keep getting tinykitty characters no one asked or care for..

That problem is all in your own head. You can get him from the very next pve for half the work and the sim next season. His covers will also fall like the rain from LT's next season. This is the one area where vaulting is good. Some moaning about venom bomb and pve grinding on new releases should stop doing something they hate and just wait 4 more days.

I will play the pve, I enjoy the challenge of VB and will do four clears for progression. I won't stress about covers because they will come fast enough from LT's ones he's one of the 12.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    rekzkarz wrote:

Mordo is a petty supporting character / villain in the movie Dr Strange...

entire XMen lineup (Thunderbird...)

Oh my god, the irony is so thick here I can actually taste it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    ValekBoss wrote:
    Wow! You realy hate Mordo huh? This is the second topic you start about him...

The 3*/5* releases is one of the best things they did. Gives the non whales also the opportunity to play with the new 5* (only in. 3* version)

Give it time. They'll screw up the 3*/5* thing sooner or later. Sooner, by my guess.

See, Doctor Strange worked as a dual release because he was a highly desired character that didn't already exist in the game. By dropping two versions, they were able to accomplish multiple things. They could represent the movie, as well as the classic comic version. They could also ensure people could play with this highly desirable character, AND let him exist at a high power level befitting the character.

Thanos served the same function, with a split with/without the Infinity Gauntlet (and a classic version to support his power from the comics, and a modern version to advertise new Marvel comics). I suspect we would have gotten more complaints about the lack of want/need of a 3* version, except the 3* version is actually very useful. That's the saving grace of 3* Thanos, that he's a better character in the game than some 20-odd 3*s they refuse to update. If he'd been average or even "bad", the acceptance of 3*/5* dual releases would be much lower, I suspect.

Hawkeye is in the same boat. He's in the game, but only as a 1*/2*, so it "doesn't really count" for most people who have made it any way into the game. And the 3* version is good enough to not trigger complaints.

But what happens when we get a 3*/5* release of someone that's already in the game as a 3* or above? Or the 3* version is garbage? They often do these with movies, and we've got three coming out this year. Hopefully Spidey will give us a 4* version of Peter and a Vulture. Thor might be nice enough to ONLY give us a 5*, like Black Panther.

But Guardians of the Galaxy? The things we would want to be added are Yondu, Nebula, and Mantis (with a side of Baby Groot, ideally as like a 2* character, so you can have him in the game, without dedicating an entire release to Baby Groot). You know, the new Guardians. But 5* characters come out on a fairly regular basis, and we're due another 5* right about when the movie comes out. Odds are high that'll go to the protagonist, like the other MCU-based 5*s, and we'll get another Star Lord. Do we need a 5* Star Lord when we have a 4* in the game? Do we need a 3* Lazy Star Lord to release alongside it?

The 3*/5* release isn't a bad thing, but I think it's because they've been lucky so far. Skipping a 5* release and dedicating a month to adding new Guardians would be great for the movie (bonus points if they can wrangle a new event out of it), but release patterns and typical behavior suggests higher odds to flop on this next one. At least we can still hope for something useful for another month (new Gamora or R&G 4*s better built to work alongside Star Lord and Drax wouldn't be horrible, you know?).
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    rekzkarz wrote:

He's the new character as of the last patch. I'm a bit surprised they didn't change it to Hawkeye and Kate, but there you go.

Thats just like, your opinion, man.

Juggernaut (4*)
    New Mutants (2 & 3*s)
    Alpha Flight team,

They're not adding new Mutant characters, and haven't in a long time. I don't see any of these things happening.

I Really don't see them REMOVING characters from the game.

Howard is fun, and if you don't like him, he's never required outside of events that reward him. So don't roster him.

Agent Venom has issues, but is definitely better once you have him covered well. I'd expect a buff to him sometime in the next year.

Yes, there's a Hawkeye for every tier. 2 of them are brand new, they're not going to get rid of 2 brand new characters. Kate is pretty new as well, same story there. 1* and 2* versions? Don't use them if you don't like them.

Why? This idea is ridiculous. So you don't like her costume. Tough tinykitty. If you really don't like her, don't use her.

Have you even been paying attention to how these devs work?

I love the new 3s. If you don't, then don't roster them.

The 5s take time to get. Lots of time. This is nothing new.

OK, so I can get on board with promoting a character to the next tier once they are max champed. That sounds cool. But how does it work with 1s?

As far as lowering anything? Why? What purpose does it serve?

I agree with this the most. icon_e_smile.gif
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    While I'd be thrilled to see them add some mutants to the game (because seriously, the whole moratorium on them is ridiculous), asking for like 20 mutants to be added to the game "immediately" is pretty dumb. I can't think of very many people who'd be excited to pick up Toad or Thunderbird.

Just Rogue, and Dazzler seems kinda popular, too. Those ones would be good enough to make most people happy for a long time.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    While I'd be thrilled to see them add some mutants to the game (because seriously, the whole moratorium on them is ridiculous), asking for like 20 mutants to be added to the game "immediately" is pretty dumb. I can't think of very many people who'd be excited to pick up Toad or Thunderbird.

Just Rogue, and Dazzler seems kinda popular, too. Those ones would be good enough to make most people happy for a long time.
    and Nightcrawler...

<_<
    >_>
    <_<