Rishkar's Expertise

Options

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phase wrote:
    This card will be part of a $39.99 bundle. Calling it.
    Id buy it
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    for 40 i would consider it but mostly because i have 3 green mythics none any good, soul sallower atherwind basker and sigarda angel all ok but no power houses there.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess you guys decided to go with this as is.

Sigh.

Honestly, your commitment to power creep is admirable, but you won't be able to do it for much longer.
  • shteev
    Options
    Also, for future reference... dropping a super OP chase card like this into an event right after a major update which is still pretty unstable and hasn't had chance to have the bugs ironed out of it might not have been the best idea.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,440 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Discuss.

400354.png

what we have here is another card similar to the original pre-nerfed animist awakening card.
    Curious,  what was Animist awakening's wording before?
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    10 mana, 10 gems converted, if I remember correctly. (Instead of 5 and 5)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,440 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    10 mana, 10 gems converted, if I remember correctly. (Instead of 5 and 5)
    Woah.... I can see how it was a bit overpowered
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In fact, you'll love how they described the changes to AA:

Animist’s Awakening
    Animist’s Awakening is proving to be a problem in the long term, as it limits design space and makes Green Planeswalkers have too much very fast mana gain with very little investment. That said, Green is still the master of gem conversion and will keep getting gem conversion spells and abilities.
    o Now costs 5 mana (down from 10).
    o Now converts 5 gems to Green (down from 10), on cast when 8 or more Green gems are on the board.
    o Now converts 5 gems to Green (down from 10), when the Activated gem is matched or expires
  • shteev
    Options
    Curiously enough, an edition of ‘The Encyclopedia Galactica’ that fell through a time warp from a thousand years in the future, defined Rishkar's Expertise as 'proving to be a problem in the long term, as it limits design space and makes Green Planeswalkers have too much very fast mana gain with very little investment'.

Come to think of it, it said something about "a bunch of mindless jerks", too...
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's like having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's things like this that make me want to shoot a sack of potatoes!
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's disgusting.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yvendros said:
    That's disgusting.
    It may well be disgusting, but it's a heckuva lot more efficient than just punching a sack of potatoes. Saves so much time in the long run ;P
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hadn't chimed in before, but 5 mana to turn up to 20 gems green is ridiculously OP.

Comparing it to Nissa's Renewal which is 20 mana to do the same thing plus gain 30 life, I would expect that this spell's effect isn't too powerful, but its not costed high enough. For half the effect of Nissa's Renewal, perhaps it should cost half that mana, so 10 mana to convert up to 20 gems green.
  • WingZero
    WingZero Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't like how from what I saw, it was tied to coalition progress. So only the top 50 coalitions get it instead if anyone that can complete their personal progress bracket. I'm not in one of those top 50 coalitions so it just seems a bit unfair.
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Be welcome in new ajani deck 
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WingZero said:
    I don't like how from what I saw, it was tied to coalition progress. So only the top 50 coalitions get it instead if anyone that can complete their personal progress bracket. I'm not in one of those top 50 coalitions so it just seems a bit unfair.
    You've got this wrong. The top 50 people in a bracket will get the card. Not the top 50 coalitions.
  • WingZero
    WingZero Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I wonder how I made that mistake.... Thats a little more fair. Even If I doubt I'll be one of those 50 lol.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WingZero said:
    I wonder how I made that mistake.... Thats a little more fair. Even If I doubt I'll be one of those 50 lol.

I don't know how good you are as a player or what tier you're in - and the concurrence will be high, no doubt.
    But in this very case the new system with the smaller brackets offer a good chance to get this card for a lot of players.
    I'm going to hate this card to appear!