Feeling the 4* transition/ISO pain

Options
13»

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After blowing through my hoard to get as many Peggys as I could before she dropped out of tokens I now have a bunch of 13 cover characters and some tough decisions coming over the next two weeks since I have a bunch of extra covers sitting around for some of the unvaulted 12. I'm definitely going to sit pat on all of my vaulted 4*s that are max covered until I find out what they are going to do in regards to the vaulting. I did just champ Spider-woman and now have to decide what to do next.

At 13 covers but not champed:

Professor X (not champing him until I can get my dupe to 5 blue covers)
    Hulkbuster
    Moon Knight
    Iceman (thanks to bonus heroes he went from 1/2/4 to 4/4/5)
    Mr. Fantastic

Medusa (have 6 covers in the queue and will be the first to champ)
    Gwenpool (sold off 5 extra covers as I don't plan on champing her anytime soon)
    Blade (have 6 covers in the queue, potential champ after Medusa)
    Luke Cage (have 5 covers in the queue, potential champ after Medusa)
    Wasp (have 6 covers in the queue, potential champ after Medusa, leaning towards making her the next)
    Riri (sold off 4 covers, not going to be champed in the short term)
    Mordo (have 2 covers in the queue plus one coming from Shield Sim, probably going to sell the covers and wait as long as possible before hitting 2K to keep the clock alive on the Shield Sim cover)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It takes a long time, ISO is still way to limited for supply vs demand. I understand they don't want their long-time vets to feel ISO is an infinite resource...but this means anyone who starts today can never catch up.

I can champ about 2.5 4*'s a season, and they are releasing about 1.75 4*'s a season...slowly catching up. When I don't have to put any ISO into 3* or 5*.

It's the vaulting that put the pinch on everyone. This season already I've sold the 2* farm and champed Medusa and Blade, I should be able to get Carol done in the next 10 days before my extra cover expires. But I've simply given up on older characters - constantly selling Wasp, Gwenpool, Agent Venom.

Game not open, trying to remember offhand. I think roster is currently:
    Characters without 13 covers: Mordo, Colson, Riri, Howard
    Characters with 13 covers and not champed: MrF, IW, PX, Ghostrider, War Machine, Gwenpool, Agent Venom, Wasp, Carol

With vaulting, I have no incentive to champ the old ones unless I'm flooded in iso somehow, they'll sit and rot until that day. It's still a bummer to be forced into choosing "newest" over "best" - I'd much rather put ISO into War Machine (upcoming daily drop covers), but when you can't pull champ rewards there isn't much point. [AHEM, daily DDQ for 4* would help, AHEM]