Feeling the 4* transition/ISO pain

Options

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    16 champed 4s and working on Peggy as my 17th. Have 6 (all vaulted) max covered, and 8 mixed vaulted/latest at 10-12 covers.

it annoys me that my latest pulls have favored Riri, SW, Wasp, and AV so much. I'll be forced to champ Riri and AV simply because they will be in latest for months ahead and I'm guaranteed to continue pulling them.
  • Radioactive_Toy
    Radioactive_Toy Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have 25 champed, 14 more at 13 covers. I have 5 Peggy covers sitting on the vine (6 after Sim progression) she will get done sometime in the next few days. After that, I'm only maxing when I get someone that's going to put me at an extra cover. Blade should be next PvE reward, so he will get done. I'm sitting on about 600k ISO, so doing both isn't going to be a problem.
    Thanks to vaulting, I'm not in any rush to level anyone or open my hoard of Legendary Tokens, which is over 100, plus 900 or so CP I'm sitting on.
  • Swish
    Swish Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Yikes, just fully covered another 4-star (Winter Soldier) out of sheer luck with a vault token. He gives me five fully-covered 4-stars and not enough ISO to champ even one of them. With another five 4-stars at 12 covers, I'm starting to feel the pinch!

This is not a complaint or a cry for more ISO. Deciding who gets the priority is part of the fun.

Anyone else in a similar boat? I have eight 4-stars champed and a loooong way to go, but I'll have some decisions to make very, very soon regarding how I spend my precious ISO.

13 Covers
    Devil Dino (not a priority)
    Drax (I like Drax - medium priority)
    Ghost Rider (low priority)
    War Machine (medium priority)
    Winter Soldier (medium-high priority)

12 covers
    Ant-Man (medium-high priority)
    Carnage (low priority)
    Moon Knight (medium priority)
    Nova (medium priority)
    X-23 (high priority)

Yes! Since they reduced the number of possible 4*'s, I have managed to max cover:
    Gwenpool (champed & at 275 now),
    Medusa (leveled up to 250, should have her champed in a couple of days, 2 covers in queue),
    Wasp (1 cover in queue),
    Riri,
    Agent Venom, &
    Moon Knight.

Blade & Spider Woman are both at 12 covers, while Coulson & Mordo are at 9 each.

I also have Star Lord & Invisible Woman at 12 covers & TA Hulk at 9, so those three are set as bonus heroes for now.

Through all of this, I'm still pulling for some reason & managed to get 4 BP's & a Thanos this week alone.

Not to mention the two 2* that are building up several covers in my queue after I sold & re-rostered them.

Anybody with a couple million iso laying around should feel free to send it my way!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have nine champed 4*s would LOVE help with good combos among them (aside from Rulk/Chulk)- It seems everyone uses GREEN!

Red Hulk
    Jean Grey
    Punisher
    Hulkbuster
    Star-Lord
    The Hulk
    Miles Morales
    Sam Wilson
    Wolverine

The next ones I REALLY want are
    Deadpool (4/3/5) and X-23 (5/3/3) for true heal, Ant-Man (3/4/4) for color coverage in areas I'm weak in, and Peggy Carter (5/0/4) because she's the best character in the game (I also need more blue), but my distribution has been HORRIBLE with Pegs. Carol (3/3/3) has been MUCH better, lol.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TimGunn wrote:
    Seriously y'all, stop putting ISO into the vaulted chars. They are not going anywhere. Save the ISO for latest 12 and watch your champ levels 'splode!

Also, make sure to play PVE as much as you can. Those intercepts are a great source of ISO.

[full disclosure, I do plan on champing one--but no more than one--from vaulted 4 stars each month. But got to keep a limit on it!]
    I feel like this entire forum is in denial. The correct answer is none of them, as none of them are of the 12 newest.
    No, champing them makes them usable instead of sitting around uselessly taking up a roster slot. It also adds flexibility when you have more 4s to choose from.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TimGunn wrote:
    Seriously y'all, stop putting ISO into the vaulted chars. They are not going anywhere. Save the ISO for latest 12 and watch your champ levels 'splode!

Also, make sure to play PVE as much as you can. Those intercepts are a great source of ISO.

[full disclosure, I do plan on champing one--but no more than one--from vaulted 4 stars each month. But got to keep a limit on it!]
    I feel like this entire forum is in denial. The correct answer is none of them, as none of them are of the 12 newest.
    No, champing them makes them usable instead of sitting around uselessly taking up a roster slot. It also adds flexibility when you have more 4s to choose from.

You should only champ TOP TIER vaulted 4s. Cyclops, Iceman, Rhulk, etc? Yeah, definitely. So from that list, just Nova and maybe MoonK. That's it. No one else.Seriously, NO ONE ELSE.

Then Peggy, Carol, Medusa, Coulson, etc. should be your focus.

And yeah, until SCL9 or SCL10 get released, it only gets worse when you are in 5 land. 550k for every 5 is A LOT.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm getting a massive amount of cognitive dissonance reading about people with double-digit numbers of 4* champs in a 4* transition thread.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One bit of advice I always give is that I do not ever spend isos on leveling up my characters unless I need to. Most of my 4*'s are still 70.

I do level them when I need to, which is basically only trying to win at Crash of the Titans or champion to not lose a cover. For example, my Professor X has 13 covers. But because I don't have extra covers, he's not championed, and is only at 166 (I leveled him there long ago for sorting and comparison with 3* stats). He's still very good against minion nodes with Scarlet Witch and GW Black Widow. There's no need to level him at all.

Otherwise, I hoard my isos. Flexibility is king. Unspent isos/HP/CP/tokens can be used for whatever you need. I have basically over 1 mil isos even though I can easily spend them for leveling all sorts of characters. Professor X at 270 isn't that big of a difference than 166.

The only reason some of my 4*s are at higher levels is purely because I needed them to be for Crash of the Titans (Elektra mainly). In many cases, I don't even level and just spend 3-4 health packs early in the day to try and beat Crash without leveling. I did this with my level 70 X-23 against CPU Elektra. When at work, I can't play as often, so the health packs will regenerate without causing a problem for me.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    TimGunn wrote:

You should only champ TOP TIER vaulted 4s. Cyclops, Iceman, Rhulk, etc? Yeah, definitely. So from that list, just Nova and maybe MoonK. That's it. No one else.Seriously, NO ONE ELSE.

And yeah, until SCL9 or SCL10 get released, it only gets worse when you are in 5 land. 550k for every 5 is A LOT.
    Exactly this. A champed Dino, or Ghost Rider, or Drax doesn't add any flexibility because they are trash tier. It will only further keep him ISO starved when he manages to get Carol, Medusa, and Coulson covered.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    TimGunn wrote:

People really need to stop worrying how other people play a game. If a person wants Drax or ghost rider champed, then more power to them. Plenty of those ARE usable when champed, even when unboosted. "But mah champ rewards and having to sell covers", so melodramatic.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just Champed Gwenpool last week, not cause she was good, but I had 6 covers that would die if I didn't.

4*s with 13 covers and not enough ISO to champ:
    Devil Dinosaur (Low Priority, might champ him before the next anniversary)
    Luke Cage (1 cover dying in 2 days)
    Star Lord (2 covers dying in 10 & 12 days respectively)

If I can get another 200K ISO in 2 days (unlikely unless I sell 2 2*s) otherwise I'll do Star Lord then Cage.

4*s at 12 covers:
    Kate Bishop
    Spider-Woman

Right now my plan is to go ahead and spend every LT / 25 CP on Latest trying to get as many Dr Strange covers before he drops to classics. Now that they've announced intentions to change scaling to SCL based I have a reason to start caring about 5*s and he's my most desirable 5*. Of the 12 4* I have Gwenpool & Peggy (Luke coming soon) champed and I'll slowly polish off the rest as I go.

Once I get all to 13 or Dr Strange drops, whichever comes first, I'll probably start hoarding CP/LTs again until they announce their official plan for vaulted characters.

My favoriting strategy right now is this:
    - If I'm not hoarding then I will favorite the highest rated non-vaulted 4* that does not have a 5 in any catagory. Currently this is Quake with 4/4/2, next will likely be Thing with 2/2/4.

- If I'm hoarding I will continue to use the strategy above until I'm opening a hoard. If I'm opening a large enough hoard I will switch my favorite to a high ranking character that does have a 5 but is close to 13 total ex: Hulkbuster 5/3/3.
  • Polares
    Options
    smkspy wrote:

People really need to stop worrying how other people play a game. If a person wants Drax or ghost rider champed, then more power to them. Plenty of those ARE usable when champed, even when unboosted. "But mah champ rewards and having to sell covers", so melodramatic.

And if people asks for advice you should give proper advice.

The thread creator asked for advice and got really bad advices from a lot of people. I don't care about what the thread creator is going to do with his iso, it is obviously his decision (and most probably neither do or Fightmastermpq or TimGunn), but if he asks for advice we all should try to give a good and sound advice TO THE CURRENT situation. When chars got Vaulted everything changed.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    Relax, no one is worried, just offering better advice than what was given. I don't care if he takes it or not, just trying to be helpful.

Just keep this thread in mind 2 months from now when half the people in here are complaining of an ISO shortage for their newest 4*s because they wasted their ISO champing Drax or Ghost Rider (actually the worst example you could possibly give btw as he is basically only used for his black ability which works just as well at level 70 as it does at 479).
  • Fightmastermpq
    Options
    sh81 wrote:
    And this is my problem, how is it people seem to be able to pick up cp and legendary tokens regularly!?

I seem to get 1lt/20cp every few days, and thats it. I see people opening hoards of hundred of lt and thousands of cp - where do they come from!? icon_question.gificon_eek.gif

Until I get a 14th cover on someone I have no need to use my iso, at the rate Im going Ill have so much in the bank that champ 4* probably wont dent the balance! icon_eek.gif
    Champ levels provide a lot of CP/LTs. Every 10 levels on a 4* grants an LT. Additionally you can pull in 25 from both PvP and PvE every 3-7 days, an LT from Crash every 5 days. 2 CP from DDQ now, 2 CP/day from PvE node rewards, as much as 5 CP/day from PvE sub rewards, and a couple more CP from PvP placement a couple times a week. All told it's not uncommon for an active F2P vet to average 2 LTs/day.

Buy clubs can turn $100 into 140 CP as well if that's your thing.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JackTenrec wrote:
    I'm getting a massive amount of cognitive dissonance reading about people with double-digit numbers of 4* champs in a 4* transition thread.

Fair enough! I was replying more to the "iso pain" part of the thread title, not the transition.

I think everyone saying to only champ characters in the current 12 new token group is ignoring the fact that all of those 12 are going to rotate out before long, and then they're in the same boat as a currently vaulted character. If the OP has the covers to champ a good old character like Nova, it's silly to tell him not to bother. If anything, it's worse to waste the covers for the vaulted hero than covers for a new one, because they're harder to replace. (For now, that is. Things change.)
  • Fightmastermpq
    Options
    Nepenthe wrote:
    I think everyone saying to only champ characters in the current 12 new token group is ignoring the fact that all of those 12 are going to rotate out before long, and then they're in the same boat as a currently vaulted character. If the OP has the covers to champ a good old character like Nova, it's silly to tell him not to bother. If anything, it's worse to waste the covers for the vaulted hero than covers for a new one, because they're harder to replace. (For now, that is. Things change.)
    No, most of those 12 will remain for several months. You can still let the covers you pull guide you, but priority should be given to the absolute newest that you have as those will remain in the pool the longest. This will result in fewer wasted covers, more champ level rewards, and higher level characters on your roster as a whole.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 2 pending covers each for Mordo and Coulson. I just pulled a 14th IM46 cover.

... icon_cry.gif
  • Polares
    Options
    I have 2 pending covers each for Mordo and Coulson. I just pulled a 14th IM46 cover.

... icon_cry.gif

I am on the same boat, I pulled my 14th IM46 cover when I had one Carol and two Blades. I had to sell both icon_e_sad.gif A 5 obviously has preference (but getting the 550k is a pain in the ****). Hopefully tomorrow I will get the iso and start to save for Carol. I don't want to sell more Carol covers.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sh81 wrote:
    Certainly not interesting in paying for any!

Ive bought HP when on sale, can never have enough, but only occasionally.

Im a PVE player, top 50 most competitions/subs.

I get 15cp from max progression, I get 2 from deadpool daily, and I get occasional amounts as prizes on nodes/shield intercepts. I suppose if I really thought about it it would be maybe 40 a week.

LTs I get from Deadpool every 5 days, assuming I can do the node, and if they are a progression reward. Thats pretty much it.

Getting them from 4* champs is somewhat ironic, I dont get enough LTs to actually champ 4*s!

Thats not exactly true, I have wolverine champed. Have had him champed a long time, and not even a single cover to get that first reward yet...

I don't think it's very difficult to hit 575 in PvP events to get the CP progression prize there. I've only missed like 2 events from difficulty since they've started doing it.

For Sticks and Stones, I got it in 58 minutes with the 1 hour I had a window to play it.

To be able to consistently hit 575, people just need most 3* championed, 2-4 4* championed or 5*.

With my roster, I usually use 5* Thanos, the powered up 3*, and then another 3* for support (The Hood/Loki/Rags), or 4*, or 5*.

And it depends on who I fight. If I fight a weak team, I don't use Thanos because he self-damages, and I tend to use more 3*'s. Against powerful teams I either skip them, or if their points are really high (60-70), then I use 5* Thanos, OML, and Jean Grey (to counter 5 matches + her AoEs) or Hulkbuster to one-shot their most powerful character. If I think I can get away with it, I use IM40 + Thing + the powered up 3*.

Once you start getting used to PvP, 575 shouldn't be hard to achieve. Then you'll have plenty of CP even if you are not hoarding.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Yikes, just fully covered another 4-star (Winter Soldier) out of sheer luck with a vault token. He gives me five fully-covered 4-stars and not enough ISO to champ even one of them. With another five 4-stars at 12 covers, I'm starting to feel the pinch!

This is not a complaint or a cry for more ISO. Deciding who gets the priority is part of the fun.

Anyone else in a similar boat? I have eight 4-stars champed and a loooong way to go, but I'll have some decisions to make very, very soon regarding how I spend my precious ISO.

13 Covers
    Devil Dino (not a priority)
    Drax (I like Drax - medium priority)
    Ghost Rider (low priority)
    War Machine (medium priority)
    Winter Soldier (medium-high priority)

12 covers
    Ant-Man (medium-high priority)
    Carnage (low priority)
    Moon Knight (medium priority)
    Nova (medium priority)
    X-23 (high priority)

TBH it never actually really ends. I have 32 champed 4 stars. That leaves 14 left. I'm currently leveling Medusa and will have her champed in a few days. After that I have Luke Cage then Drax. After that I have a few others waiting in the wings for iso to level up as high as I can get as they are currently not fully covered.

This is all while trying not to pull 4 stars otherwise they will die on the vine as I try and level up my Medusa. So as it stands with the current 4 stars I have and the covers they have I need 2.2 MM iso just to get them up to max levels. I average about 25k a day so that’s about 88 days odd without getting any other covers OR a new 4 star coming out.

I've been playing for well over 3 years so I have been lucky enough to have the older 4 stars covered and champed. However the new change has given me so many new 4 star covers im still in the same boat as before. It’s a slow old drag and you will get there someday however.

It would be nice to have more iso but im trying to not think about that and just play. My advice. It’ll happen. Just prioritize as you can.

Oh and as an aside. I would level GR. He is a game changer in the boss events. He does work well and can put some people off if boosted in PVP but if your against a big boss. You have 5 in black and you turn around and hit them for 50k that's pretty satisfying and easy.