Known Issues: Medusa, Countdown Tiles, etc Updated (3/15/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Regarding the Bonus Heroes display bug, please discuss that topic here in the Bugs & Technical issues thread previously created: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=61211

Thanks!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, I've been a dev-apologist for the most part but this nonsense is seriously out of hand. We're on a streak of what, six? seven patches where the fix to the last patch breaks something else? Holy hell guys, get your tinykitty together.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you sure it's only 6 or 7? Feels like longer....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I noticed another one today in Teenage Riot.

Wasp black, does damage and stuns target if you have sufficient blue. If it downs the target, it stuns the next opponent in line. Kind of.

If a power fired on my team, Kamala's healing in this case, it didn't happen. When a power didn't fire, for example because the opponent's last move made a match that caused Medusa to fully heal my team, the stun hits the opponent after the downed character.

I'd do more investigation, but lunchtime is over, I'm at 800 points and seeing only targets worth less than 30 points, or Medusa teams and I don't want the game to crash on me, so I'll just leave it out there.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Update: (Fixed in R123) The Bonus Hero comic displays twice instead of both the original comic cover and the Bonus Hero
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Update: (Fixed in R123) The Bonus Hero comic displays twice instead of both the original comic cover and the Bonus Hero

I belive it's just "fixed". I was opening 10pack of heroic tokens, first thing that was opened was thanos without proc (I have chosen thanos as my only fav 3*), then there was 8 irrelevant covers, then as last one thanos poped with bonus thanos as well. Overal I was really satisfied, until I've went to add those covers. I had just 9 available (instead of 11) and there was just one thanos - on the top of the list. So it looks like that now if Im "lucky" enough to pull on my own what I have set as fav I won't get it at all.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I just noticed something about Speed Shot which may or may not be anything wrong and it might just be something I've overlooked in the past.

But:

What, exactly, is the order of operations?

purpleflag.png So when it fires on my board, the tiles start going off in what looks to be an arbitrary pattern.

purpleflag.png And each time a tile fires, the tile collapses and if there's a match possible, it makes a match which involves the strongest color character moving to the forefront. After that, it fires again, etc.

purplecrit.pngpurplecrit.pngpurplecrit.png Uhhh... Did it used to do that?

Where there's nothing inherently wrong about this, I've now had it happen where a Speed Shot tile collapsing + resulting match, cleared out my remaining Speed Shots before they could fire. Granted, it was a nice cascade, but still. My Speed Shots would have been way better.

So what's the point of protecting those tiles when my own Speed Shot + its cascade ends up deleting it?

I'd get it if Mags' blueflag.png caused a major collapse which deleted tiles because his ability is a single fire. But with Hawkeye's, it's multiple tiled and it thus requires protecting ALL the tiles.

The reason I'm asking is because I thought that in the past ALL the Speed Shots fired at once and ALL the tiles collapsed at once and IF there was a match because of ALL of it, THEN it would match.

Did I mis-remember?
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also have an issue with Phoenix regen tile in KK PvP. If KK heals Phx and then the AI would down Phx original health her regen tile appears before being downed. Then once actually downed I don't get a regen tile. Ruined more than 1 match for me.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    Where there's nothing inherently wrong about this, I've now had it happen where a Speed Shot tile collapsing + resulting match, cleared out my remaining Speed Shots before they could fire. Granted, it was a nice cascade, but still. My Speed Shots would have been way better.

Did I mis-remember?
    Same thing happens with like world rapture, recharge, kp yellow, coulson yellow or anything where multiple CD made by one source go off.

But it is especially frustrating with recharge...

Edit: but I assume this is because they aren't link together, it just processes the CD tiles from top left to bottom right by rows activating individual tiles as they go.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    What, exactly, is the order of operations?
    The order of operations has not changed. Speed shot (or any countdown tile, for that matter) is simply handled top left to bottom right. When a countdown resolves, immediately handle any matches that result from this. This may include cascades/match-4s/match-5s, and yes, this may also cause existing countdowns that have not resolved yet to be destroyed. However, it may also result in countdowns being handled more than once, if due to the cascade, a countdown that was handled earlier in the process has fallen down to an area of the board that the countdown process hasn't reached yet.
    So what's the point of protecting those tiles when my own Speed Shot + its cascade ends up deleting it?
    That's just RNG for ya. Some you win, some you lose.
    I'd get it if Mags' blueflag.png caused a major collapse which deleted tiles because his ability is a single fire. But with Hawkeye's, it's multiple tiled and it thus requires protecting ALL the tiles.
    Single fire abilities that swap tiles will only start the resolving process until after all swaps have taken place.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Settlement is powering up, but not stealing
  • mjs0726
    mjs0726 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any chance that Shield Intercepts will be functioning normally? Or are they just gone altogether?
  • dchockeyguy
    dchockeyguy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So something else I've noticed (but it could likely be my bad luck): Ever since this update, I have yet to pull a three star or above from anything. Standard, Elite, Heroic, etc, all are giving me nothing but two stars. With the number of tokens I've used over the past few days, math says I should have gotten at least ONE three star.

Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So something else I've noticed (but it could likely be my bad luck): Ever since this update, I have yet to pull a three star or above from anything. Standard, Elite, Heroic, etc, all are giving me nothing but two stars. With the number of tokens I've used over the past few days, math says I should have gotten at least ONE three star.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I am also being 2* tokened to death on all Elite and Heroic tokens. The pull rate for Elites is 25% 3* and for Heroics it is 33% for a 3* or 4*. I've only pulled 2*s for the past 20 of these combined or more. Pretty horrible.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mjs0726 wrote:
    Any chance that Shield Intercepts will be functioning normally? Or are they just gone altogether?

I havent seen any Shield Intercepts for a couple of weeks now, seems to coincide with the 'Don't worry, I've got this' expiring from an earlier purchase of HP
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I got a 3* Strange and a bonus 3* Strange procced off of it, but when I went to go roster the bonus cover showed up as a cyclops cover.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Hope Medusa isn't like 5* Hulk in that regard. People avoided using Hulk because of his bug, then they gave out compensation to people who used Hulk and encountered the bug. Had Hulk, but avoided using him to avoid the bug? No compensation, even though you were basically prohibited from using that character until it was fixed.

That's completely inaccurate. Anyone who had a rostered Banner with at least one purple cover (the power impacted by the bug) at the time the bug arose was given compensation, regardless of whether the character was used or not. If you did not have a purple cover, you did not get compensation. So you were compensated whether or not you used the character, so long as you potentially could have been impacted by the bug. If you could not have been impacted by the bug, because your Banner did not have the bugged power, you did not receive compensation. Which is totally fair.

How do I know this? I have a one-purple-cover Banner that I rarely use, and did not use at all when the bug was there. I got compensation.

Uhm.......you AND the people up voting you......completely oblivious.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Doombots, or whatever their names are, does the damage TWICE for Shock, and then destroys tiles, AND THEN plays the sound effects.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't worry I can top it with weirdest bug ever:

In Big Enichilada, after using a power (and killing 2 enemies) Carnage's passive (Alien Instincts) fired...

except I didn't have Carnage nor was he in enemy team.
  • Brigby
    Options
    If you have a specific bug you'd like to report or discuss, please do so in the Bugs & Technical Issues section so everything can be kept organized. Thank you!