Known Issues: Medusa, Countdown Tiles, etc Updated (3/15/17)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Um, Sir? Countdowns are doing damage when they're not supposed to, and what's worse, Medusa is crashing the game versus Medusa."
    "Tiny kitty! She's boosted too. We have to do something to make this less bad. Hmm, can we make the animation for Countdowns happen too soon?"
    "Well, yes Sir, but-"
    "Great! Do that and we'll call it a bug."
    "*sigh* Yes Sir."
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Hope Medusa isn't like 5* Hulk in that regard. People avoided using Hulk because of his bug, then they gave out compensation to people who used Hulk and encountered the bug. Had Hulk, but avoided using him to avoid the bug? No compensation, even though you were basically prohibited from using that character until it was fixed.

That's completely inaccurate. Anyone who had a rostered Banner with at least one purple cover (the power impacted by the bug) at the time the bug arose was given compensation, regardless of whether the character was used or not. If you did not have a purple cover, you did not get compensation. So you were compensated whether or not you used the character, so long as you potentially could have been impacted by the bug. If you could not have been impacted by the bug, because your Banner did not have the bugged power, you did not receive compensation. Which is totally fair.

How do I know this? I have a one-purple-cover Banner that I rarely use, and did not use at all when the bug was there. I got compensation.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uhhh... most of us didn't get compensation for banner despite having a purple until Brigby had a word with the devs on our behalf.
  • Damn. I'm actually enjoying the countdown bug. just have oml and use his black, quick victory icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Hope Medusa isn't like 5* Hulk in that regard. People avoided using Hulk because of his bug, then they gave out compensation to people who used Hulk and encountered the bug. Had Hulk, but avoided using him to avoid the bug? No compensation, even though you were basically prohibited from using that character until it was fixed.

That's completely inaccurate. Anyone who had a rostered Banner with at least one purple cover (the power impacted by the bug) at the time the bug arose was given compensation, regardless of whether the character was used or not. If you did not have a purple cover, you did not get compensation. So you were compensated whether or not you used the character, so long as you potentially could have been impacted by the bug. If you could not have been impacted by the bug, because your Banner did not have the bugged power, you did not receive compensation. Which is totally fair.

How do I know this? I have a one-purple-cover Banner that I rarely use, and did not use at all when the bug was there. I got compensation.

SORRY but I have to disagreee: I had a purple Banner cover and wasn't given ANY compensation icon_evil.gif
    I don't hold my breath upon receiving a compensation this time too icon_cry.gif
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heh, they sure seem to have broken a lot more than usual. Even for them icon_lol.gif

Maybe the devs should just spend 1 month completely on squashing bugs. I'm sure many players won't mind if the end result is a bug-freeer version. Gives them the time to grind for some ISO.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the record, the Banner compensation was a token. You essentially got a 2* character for it.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    DeNappa wrote:
    Heh, they sure seem to have broken a lot more than usual. Even for them icon_lol.gif

Maybe the devs should just spend 1 month completely on squashing bugs. I'm sure many players won't mind if the end result is a bug-freeer version. Gives them the time to grind for some ISO.

I for sure would prefer they concentrate on resolving bugs rather than keep releasing new characters that we have no Iso to upgrade into icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I call this latest bug and intentional cover up of the vaulting issue. They don't want to give us feedback on vaulting so they have added bugs into the game hoping we will change our tune and start talking about them. Moreover - they gave us a bug that can work in our favor (unless you are fighting muscles) and they will not fix it for a month. Sounds like a small nod to the players - focus on combos for this rather then the big issue they have dropped on us.

Might be joking here or might be sarcastic here or might be still angry here. Take a pick icon_e_wink.gif
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    WEBGAS wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:

SORRY but I have to disagreee: I had a purple Banner cover and wasn't given ANY compensation icon_evil.gif
    I don't hold my breath upon receiving a compensation this time too icon_cry.gif

I put a ticket in about not getting any compensation and they specifically asked if I had used him before they gave it to me. It was opposite of what the in game comment originally said. Luckily I had used him for s&g after it was announced, so I got the token.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    She Hulk's settlement not redistributing tiles but still Strengthening them (only used once and it was a tile that had been "Stolen" from me)
    Had an instance where hex bolt only gave AP for the targeted tile (2/3 times I've used it since R122)
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Seen in ddq today Squirrel girls animation also plays out of order, places tiles before playing.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Oldboy wrote:
    Here's another bug. I opened 3 elite tokens and the animation showed i received 2 2* and 1 Strange followed by a Bonus Strange cover. But when j went to my roster it showed Falcon and Strange and the 2 2*s.

I also was shown that I'd received a 3* Dr. Strange plus a bonus Strange (Strange is currently my only designated 3* bonus hero, unless I fat-fingered the icon while scrolling my roster). When I actually checked new covers in my queue, I had actually gotten Iron Fist and a bonus Strange. My guess is that when the bonus hero kicks in, it's getting displayed twice and the hero that triggered it isn't being shown.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:
    Here's another bug. I opened 3 elite tokens and the animation showed i received 2 2* and 1 Strange followed by a Bonus Strange cover. But when j went to my roster it showed Falcon and Strange and the 2 2*s.

I also was shown that I'd received a 3* Dr. Strange plus a bonus Strange (Strange is currently my only designated 3* bonus hero, unless I fat-fingered the icon while scrolling my roster). When I actually checked new covers in my queue, I had actually gotten Iron Fist and a bonus Strange. My guess is that when the bonus hero kicks in, it's getting displayed twice and the hero that triggered it isn't being shown.
    I'm not sure what exactly is causing the error. I have two 4* favorites. (Peggy and Captain Marvel) I just opened a Cage PVP token, and it showed the Captain Marvel logo, popped up her cover, sweet.

Bonus animation pops up, Peggy logo pops up, and then a second Captain Marvel cover shows up. Fine, that's weird, but not complaining. Then I go into the inventory, and I have a Captain Marvel and a Wasp in there... (Not as bad as before her update, but still would rather finish off the other two, since that's why they're favorited, and Wasp isn't nearly as close to 13.)
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    New McG wrote:
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:

I'm not sure what exactly is causing the error. I have two 4* favorites. (Peggy and Captain Marvel) I just opened a Cage PVP token, and it showed the Captain Marvel logo, popped up her cover, sweet.

Bonus animation pops up, Peggy logo pops up, and then a second Captain Marvel cover shows up. Fine, that's weird, but not complaining. Then I go into the inventory, and I have a Captain Marvel and a Wasp in there... (Not as bad as before her update, but still would rather finish off the other two, since that's why they're favorited, and Wasp isn't nearly as close to 13.)

I had the same thing happen. Get a 4* from an LT. It showed as Medusa, then a bonus hero which I also have set for Medusa, both a color I could use. I thought "sweet! That puts her at 13 covers and I have an extra one expiring an 36 hours. Time to champ!"

I went into my inventory only to see a Captain Marvel instead of the 1st Medusa, so no champing. And to make it worse, the Marvel cover was my 6th green, still at 9 covers total
  • Magic
    Guys you are beating a dead horse with this. So you also had a misinterpretation of the graphic bug taking away some joy after you have pulled a bonus 4*. C'mon - it's a known bug (have a look around the forum before posting). You should still jump out of joy that you've got the 4* bonus hero (correctly attributed) which is a rare occurrence anyway. Many players are still waiting for their first.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Oldboy wrote:

I've seen a similar effect several times: plays animation for two Quicksilver (same color), ends up being something else and the bonus Quicksilver.

--Khanwulf
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    When do we all get our beta tester compensation?
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Magic wrote:
    Guys you are beating a dead horse with this. So you also had a misinterpretation of the graphic bug taking away some joy after you have pulled a bonus 4*. C'mon - it's a known bug (have a look around the forum before posting). You should still jump out of joy that you've got the 4* bonus hero (correctly attributed) which is a rare occurrence anyway. Many players are still waiting for their first.
    My god, 3 posts about an otherwise unmentioned bug from the new patch? What a storm of dead-horse-beating!
  • Magic
    New McG wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    My god, 3 posts about an otherwise unmentioned bug from the new patch? What a storm of dead-horse-beating!

Are you absolutely sure it's 3 posts? Have a closer look at the forum for treads since the update 122 went live.