Space Gem Season Update *Updated (3/8/17)

124»

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dagnabbit Brigby, it's been 3 days of making me wait!
    4ba56e3e44c9590faae4e8ecaf92cd19b70bc2e20bb44c03789aa3c676892276.jpg

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated with stat tables on updated abilities

05c10f27daa179239670fb0e146126838af84a9914e5f6bda1ee1230ff188235.jpg
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, those are significant numbers on Wasp. Her blue is basically a trap tile now, 5,588 damage if matched is great for a free passive. Her black is no joke for 7AP: 4,473 damage and a 3 turn stun. Great changes!

Brigby: I imagine the "has at least 2 Blue AP" is a typo in the image you posted and that the 8 Blue AP is what you meant.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy.gif
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, those are significant numbers on Wasp. Her blue is basically a trap tile now, 5,588 damage if matched is great for a free passive. Her black is no joke for 7AP: 4,473 damage and a 3 turn stun. Great changes!

https://youtu.be/aNYobXLCUhY

T51vwmU.jpg?fb
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The review Wasp recieved makes the tinykitty job they did on Reed look like a joke
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Update: Apologies everyone. Wasp Sting's AP threshold is actually 8 Blue AP, instead of 2. I've updated the table to reflect this.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    fmftint wrote:
    The review Wasp recieved makes the tinykitty job they did on Reed look like a joke

I guess one upside of them forcing the newest characters on you is that if it's a **** one they need to do something about it to keep people from really complaining.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

I guess one upside of them forcing the newest characters on you is that if it's a tinykitty one they need to do something about it to keep people from really complaining.

People have been complaining about Wasp for much longer than 8 days.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I guess one upside of them forcing the newest characters on you is that if it's a tinykitty one they need to do something about it to keep people from really complaining.

People have been complaining about Wasp for much longer than 8 days.

I know that, I'm saying there is more incentive to get her fixed fast and well when draws are so limited. I think if the vaulting didn't happen these changes wouldn't happen so quickly or so drastically
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really liking that Yellow power now. For 10 ap you can double flip your strike/protect tiles which is effectively adding +604 to every one!

When she's paired with strike/protect tile makers she's going to be a real handful especially since Yellow is often a passive color so she may be the only active Yellow user on a team.

KGB
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Does she create a 1 turn countdown every turn after the previous reaches zero or gets matched off/destroyed? As long as you have 6ap and 5 blue covers. Seems devastating witj Carol.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Holy **** those numbers on Wasp are amazing... I'm gonna love using her in whatever PvE comes after Ultron.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Presentation of the changes is very clear Brigby, love the tables. It's appreciated
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you so much for giving me a powerful and reliable tile booster again!!!

If anyone wants some real fun, roll out wasp with starlord and 4cage and watch those damage numbers explode after just a few turns of goons chucking our powers. 3ap to buff and switch every tile yes please!

Now I'm even more torn on who to put my ISO into, good job developers.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    So all in all, Carol+Wasp are now a buffing killing machine icon_razz.gif

If we add a 3/5/5 ProfX then the buffing has no limit! A pity it is not a rainbow team...

So, who show I champ next, Wasp or Blade? Wasp looks so much useful now...

I also like Gwen change, making her yellow heal burst passive and affect everybody makes all the difference in the world. It is still a pity they share the same colors with Miles... But now, between the heal and Miles invisibility they are going to be quite annoying together icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Definitely agree with the positive comments on Wasp. I actually didn't mind her much before (fun), but Now she is also quite useful in many more scenarios.
    She works quite well with 3* Falcon. Since they both need you to hold onto blue, and yellow matches buff immediately, then Wasp saves up to flip/buff's when useful. Plug in a green/red user that uses specials for rainbow coverage (Patch, Bl4de, War Machine, etc.) and more entertainment.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Definitely agree with the positive comments on Wasp. I actually didn't mind her much before (fun), but Now she is also quite useful in many more scenarios.
    She works quite well with 3* Falcon. Since they both need you to hold onto blue, and yellow matches buff immediately, then Wasp saves up to flip/buff's when useful. Plug in a green/red user that uses specials for rainbow coverage (Patch, War Machine, etc.) and more entertainment.

You have to wonder if this is how they originally intended the character to play and they messed up on the numbers at launch, as this is not really like other reworks that have fundamentally changed the way the character works, it is mainly just upping damage and lowering costs.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rick OShay wrote:
    She works quite well with 3* Falcon. Since they both need you to hold onto blue, and yellow matches buff immediately, then Wasp saves up to flip/buff's when useful. Plug in a green/red user that uses specials for rainbow coverage (Patch, War Machine, etc.) and more entertainment.

Yeah, finally someone with a decent move that creates Protect tiles with a color other than Yellow icon_e_biggrin.gif

That said, she presumably works well with Power Man.