Space Gem Season Update *Updated (3/8/17)

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not happy that kate and moon knight are being removed so soon after the twelve launch. Devs really should have started this fiasco during the first days of the space gem season.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Not happy that kate and moon knight are being removed so soon after the twelve launch. Devs really should have started this fiasco during the first days of the space gem season.

Given the negative response they have had to the basic change, they should have just added the two new ones into the packs without removing Kate and MK.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Still selling my Wasp covers, but now I'll get the upped re-sale value. Woot!

Remind me what has to be done. Is it 2/1/0 and then up to a certain level?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:
    Still selling my Wasp covers, but now I'll get the upped re-sale value. Woot!

Remind me what has to be done. Is it 2/1/0 and then up to a certain level?

Yeah I don't remember either. But I'll figure it out
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    My champed Wasp just got fun. Gwen having a passive heal suddenly makes her a much better partner for Miles and Peter.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    smkspy wrote:

I just favorited MK in hopes of getting him fully covered faster. Looks like I'll only be getting him through bonuses now. Quite unfortunate.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    The updates to Wasp and Gwen look good but by the time i get Wasp fully covered and have the iso to max her, she'll probably be rotated out. In the past i could look forward to champing her and getting dupes to level her. Now... should i even bother with her?

It's a shame that vaulting diminishes the effort the devs put into creating and redesigning characters. People who would have champed their older characters and started using them outside of essentials would now just focus on one or two new characters.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Before the Bonus Hero/Token Vaulting Fiasco, there was a time that I was just champing characters for which I got a viable 14th cover... So, it just so happens I have both Wasp and Gwen champed...

Looks like Wasp may have got the better update, but either way, I look forward to trying them out after these changes go live.

Keep up the progress, and thanks!

P.S. Seeing Gwen get love only reminds me that 3* Spider still desperately needs improvement....

P.P.S. I'm also not sure where in their lore it's appropriate for either Gwen or Spidey to have healing abilities... has never seemed appropriate to me... just saying...
    icon_e_geek.gif

icon_e_smile.gif
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know some people get grumpy about having more spider-people, but this makes me REALLY want a non-red/purple/yellow web-tile user in 4* territory. (a buff for 3* Spidey is still needed, though) Homecoming Peter Parker, a Superior Spider-Man, other variants of Peter (we have 2 red suits, the F4 suit, and Back in Black, so we could add Symbiote or Iron Spider?), Silk, Spider-Girl, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man 2099, or Noir, or even Spider-Ham. Some blue/black/green powers on a web-tile user would be nice to synergize with Miles/Spider-Gwen. (and as an aside, personally, I still think a good 4* Venom buff would be to let his green count web tiles as enemy tiles, to make him more effective against Spidey and his friends)
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Interesting changes. The Gwen changes are going to make that spider node in Simulator "fun".
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who's wanted to use Spider Gwen a lot more than I ended up doing so, I like this change. Fortified web tiles is nice, makes her a lot more self sufficient. Before I had to team her up with Miles, meaning she existed purely as a red nuke and her yellow and purple powers were overshadows by the yellow and purple from Miles.

This makes it look like she can support herself. And hey, she still teams with him. Match a web tile, get AP AND healing. Just need a third guy, now...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 3/3/3 Wasp Thanks You
    Still not sure where my 3/3/2 Spider Gwen fits, but she's powered up next week
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    none.png The wasp rework sounds like exactly what the character needed. As with 5*Cap's buff, I want to stop for a second to consider than every one of her powers has been improved in almost every way; that probably says something about just how weak she was at release. But overall this might make her a a very viable support character. Still a shame that her colors make her difficult to play with Carol; in all other respects they are a perfect pairing.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been saving Wasp covers in case she got a rework worth champing her for, and I'm not disappointed. That's a good update.

Still not sold on Gwen, but she's certainly improved.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    (and as an aside, personally, I still think a good 4* Venom buff would be to let his green count web tiles as enemy tiles, to make him more effective against Spidey and his friends)
    Can't. Webs are neutral, so you can pair Venom with Miles or Gwen and buff his green with zero drawbacks.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Felonius wrote:
    Before the Bonus Hero/Token Vaulting Fiasco, there was a time that I was just champing characters for which I got a viable 14th cover... So, it just so happens I have both Wasp and Gwen champed...

Same, but my latest champs are Elektra and Drax...whish i could take that iso back now icon_cry.gif
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    These character updates are exciting. Wasp has the potential to be a devastating support character with any strike or protect tile spammer. I've got her at 5/1/3 so far, so she could be viable soon. My Spider-Gwen is at 1/2/2 and with no foreseeable way of attaining her covers (a bonus cover with a 5% draw rate just won't make it happen in my lifetime), I'm sad to say I'll never really get to champ and properly use her. But her revised yellow alone makes it clear that she'll be a boon or a terrible nuisance, depending on which side she's on.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, I'm excited to learn that in future seasons there will in fact be a rotation of available 3* characters in packs. But I still think that the 4* vaulting breaks roster progression and the champ reward system at this tier as it currently stands.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got Wasp to a 5/5/2 build and was debating with myself if she was worth the ISO or not. Guess she is now. icon_e_smile.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Just got Wasp to a 5/5/2 build and was debating with myself if she was worth the ISO or not. Guess she is now. icon_e_smile.gif

I max covered her and pulled 3 extra covers in the span of a week. I've also been debating ISO worth and whether to champ her. Was just about to jump over to roster advice forum and ask, but guess I'll just do it now icon_e_smile.gif