Space Gem Season Update *Updated (3/8/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

We have a few updates coming with the upcoming Space Gem Season: pack rotations and re-balances.

Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts) and Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) will be added to packs, and Moon Knight (Marc Spector) and Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) will be leaving packs. There will be no changes to 3-Stars with this Season.

Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) and Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) will be receiving character re-balances.
    - We updated Wasp’s entire kit to help her become a stronger support character. - Spider-Gwen’s power
Kick Out the Jams got tuned up to give her some more utility.

You can preview the changes below:

wasp_icon.pngWasp (Janet Van Dyne) wasp_icon.png
Wasp's health has been increased

Tactical Intuition
Tactical Intuition now costs 5 AP (down from 8). The amount of increased damage for swapping tiles has been increased slightly and now creates a Strike and a Protect tile if no Strike or Protect tiles exist.
WaspTacticalIntuition.png

That Buzzing Sound
The passive will activate sooner than before (from 9 to 7 AP at power levels 1-4 and from 8 to 6 AP at power level 5). The damage for an enemy matching the tile has been increased significantly.
WaspThatBuzzingSounds.png

Wasp Sting
Damage has been increased and the power no longer creates a Strike tile. The power now stuns the enemy at 8 Blue AP at all levels but no longer drains Blue AP. The power stuns the enemy for 3 turns at power level 5.
WaspWaspSting-Fixed.png

icon_spidergwen.pngSpider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) icon_spidergwen.png

Kick Out the Jams
Cost has been reduced to 6. The power continues to create Web tiles (2 at power levels 1-4, 3 at power level 5) but now fortifies a web tile as well. The power now has a passive component that heals Spider-Gwen’s team (including herself) with a boost of health every time a Web tile is matched.
SpiderGwenKickOutTheJams.png

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017
    Both very worthy revisions. Surprised a newer release like Wasp got her much earned revision so quickly but I'm happy about that! She seems to be much more streamlined and now that she doesn't drain blue, possibly a pretty strong character. Gwen's yellow really dragged her down so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out in practice.

I'm very interested to see the numbers for both of these updates.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Without even seeing numbers on these improved powers, I can already say that both of them look way more viable now. I'm actually kind of excited to test out the new Wasp, considering I've gotten a good few covers for her from LTs in the past couple of days.

Also, did I read that right? A passive, constant heal on Spider Gwen? Looks amazing!

I'd love to see actual numbers, but these are two characters that really needed some love, and it's good to see them get it.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    ty for any boosts in characters:)
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    There will be no changes to 3-Stars with this Season.

so is there a plan on rotating 3* in future seasons?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwen's heal applying to herself is a decent change, that skill as released may have been the worst ability in game
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Real question:

Do we get drums every time a web tile is matched?
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    That Buzzing Sound
    The passive will activate sooner than before (from 9 to 7 AP at power levels 1-4 and from 8 to 6 AP at power level 5). The damage for an enemy matching the tile has been increased significantly.
    I think the old activation thresholds were 10 AP and 9 AP, not 9 and 8.

Very glad to see Wasp getting buffed. I keep getting covers for her and had yet to find a good team. Will be interesting to see the numbers, but more health and damage is always welcome, and I am happy to see that black no longer drains the blue that she needs to keep banked. Dropping her yellow all the way to 5 AP should now allow for a wider range of viable teammates, as well.
  • Mercalla
    Mercalla Posts: 94

Also, did I read that right? A passive, constant heal on Spider Gwen? Looks amazing!

I ready it to be that whenever a web tile is matched, there is a reactive heal to Gwen's team including herself. I don't think it's a heal every turn no matter what is matched.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Mercalla wrote:

I ready it to be that whenever a web tile is matched, there is a reactive heal to Gwen's team including herself. I don't think it's a heal every turn no matter what is matched.

Read it again, and how it is worded could apply either way. But how you described it does make more sense.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Excited and happy to say this :

ALL OF THAT SOUNDS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!

Yay. Finally. I get to give praise where it's truly due!

:+D
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Gwen's yellow still have an active heal as well as the passive or has it switched to passive only and the ability only generates [and fortifies] web tiles?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some decent changes to characters that need them, odd that they add another heal to Gwen while continuing for the active one to not affect her.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tactical Intuition now costs 5 AP (down from 8). The amount of increased damage for swapping tiles has been increased slightly and now creates a Strike and a Protect tile if no Strike or Protect tiles exist.

Wait, does this mean that this power does damage to the enemy when it resolves (after the update)? Or does this just mean that the amount of tile strengthening has been increased?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Looks to be a great buff for Wasp. Really want to try her out with C4rol and Starlord now.

Gwen's yellow is no longer the worst move in the game. So who does that honor fall to? Elektra's purple? Drax?
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Nice changes, especially for Wasp! Looking forward to it.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Nice changes. I'm very interested in chasing down Wasp covers now.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Darn, still can't match the buzz tiles yourself. Wish she could have more than one active tiles so there's more chance that the enemy matches it.

Oh well, she's still much improved. Happy to see her finally addressed, her unique kit should be fun to use, especially now that coulson and carol are around.

My champed spidergwen is happy to get buffed. Yay for more cheap web tiles
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Now we got miles and spider-gwen updates, can a brother get some 3* spiderman updates?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still selling my Wasp covers, but now I'll get the upped re-sale value. Woot!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:

Wait, does this mean that this power does damage to the enemy when it resolves (after the update)? Or does this just mean that the amount of tile strengthening has been increased?

Pretty certain it just means they've increased the amount the tile is strengthened and not that it now inflicts damage.