Agent Coulson Special Event: Inside Job (3/6/17)

13»

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    DeNappa wrote:
    While I welcome the variation (and the 4* cover), in my opinion this event was a bit underwhelming. Mostly in terms of difficulty. I mean, 5 goon-only nodes? For anyone who has a decent roster, this will not present much of a challenge. Story-wise as well, after all it can be summarized as:
    Agents of SHIELD return from mission but they are attacked by their own people! But why? Find out, on the next episode.. of Dragon ball Z Inside Job.

Uhm.....please don't do that. We have been BEGGING for more events like this, for years now. Also, most people do not have "a decent roster". Just say thank you, and keep it moving.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    This event was great! I played it a second time to read the text again. I hope there'll be more events like this
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Again, CREDIT WHERE IT IS DUE!!!

This was a wonderful side quest, should be a STAPLE event at least once per month ( mixed in with Amadeus' Inferno and Growth Industries ) at the very least, and could be a very thoughtful and empathetic way to re-incorporate the 4* that y'all yanked from tokens.

MORE mpq like this!

LESS mpq like unexpectedly vaulting tons of characters, the extremely bare minimum "increasing" of odds with bonus heroes, the unwavering stances on colorless covers / updating shield daily resupply / fixing the 3* nerf / RNG / the game's difficulty / permanent lightning rounds / permanent gauntlet / etc etc etc!

:+D
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    All done. Got a blue cover from the random reward at the end. Sure.

The "To Be Continued" is cute. Although it says that in The Hunt as well (and has for 2+ years) so I'm not holding my breath icon_e_smile.gif No, not the hunt. the other one. The Hulk one maybe?
    The Hulk did say to be continued, (but that "Get Frank Castle" storyline never happened and likely won't)
    still would be a shame to waste new SHIELD/Hydra goons without a new full blown PvE

If I recall correctly, it tells you it's continued in a comic series (I forget what it's called). They can't really do that in MPQ since it...doesn't...end well...

Doesn't end well for Frank? Are we talking about.....
    FRANKEN-CASTLE!!! Because yes, he does get sliced up something bad by Daken
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    I also thought the story of this mission was ok.
    As soon as I saw Fury, mixed with the Event pics of multiple Coulsons I thought it was going to go down the LMD route, which is currently a cracking story arc on Agents of Shield. But, Hail Hydra and all that....

Adding another Thank You to the chorus above for new content. Also, I ran with a Star-Lord, Mr F and Invisible Woman for most nodes, so credit where credit's due for the character re-works!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, this was a pretty awesome treat today! A good chunk of ISO, some XP and a 4* cover (which, for me, was the yellow cover I needed to bring Coulson to 1/1/1). Hard to go wrong with that.

*Takes off tattered, ratty hat and clutches it to chest, while looking up with an earnest look in his eyes* Please sir, I'd like some more.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Fun! I liked the writing -- good capture of Clark Gregg's characterization. Just wish there was a magical place reference....

Brigby, is the cliffhanger at the end a sign that there will be more to this story, I hope?
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    This was good!

--And it serves an episodic counterpoint to the DDQ. If you chaps can churn out a little event like this each week or so that would be a fantastic way of moving the MPQ storyline, tying it with other Marvel properties, and addressing community concerns regarding access to certain covers, ISO, and etc.

But for me, mostly, it's the story. I miss the story, and welcome any of it back....

--Khanwulf
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I, like many others it seems, really enjoyed this type of "mini-event" and hope to see more like it in the future. Thanks devs!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:
    While I welcome the variation (and the 4* cover), in my opinion this event was a bit underwhelming. Mostly in terms of difficulty. I mean, 5 goon-only nodes? For anyone who has a decent roster, this will not present much of a challenge. Story-wise as well, after all it can be summarized as:
    Agents of SHIELD return from mission but they are attacked by their own people! But why? Find out, on the next episode.. of Dragon ball Z Inside Job.

Uhm.....please don't do that. We have been BEGGING for more events like this, for years now. Also, most people do not have "a decent roster". Just say thank you, and keep it moving.
    I'm just voicing my thoughts here, why shouldn't I "do that"? If we don't give opinions on points they could improve on, what's the point of having a forum anyway icon_mrgreen.gif.

As I said -- it was a nice variation. I hope they will be pumping out more events like this as well, the more the better. It may not have been explicit in my post, but I enjoyed it too. I'm just saying that I'd have loved it if it could have been a bit more challenging, and I'm not talking about boss-rush impossible here.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    DeNappa wrote:
    Just my personal opinion but not every single event has to be has hard as nails. They change of difficulty is a nice breather.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I liked the event and I wish it could run every week for different 4* cover. It would mean just one cover a year for each 4* but 12k iso and 50 xp every week.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Thank you - Fun little event and a nice distraction from the EOTS.

Got awarded another blue, bringing my Coulson up to 0/1/3

More like this please
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    "Inside Job is a special week-long event" - is it a joke? The event was rather puny. I'm not talking about reward, I'm talking about the event itself. You might just give the cover and ISO for free as well.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Seriously having a hard time understanding again why people are complaining about something that was introduced as an extra perk, and to give a bit of story, and just something to help players out. Yes the event was overly easy, but the fact remains is players were given extra rewards just to help them out. Plus there is the subtle hint at more story content to come. Stop being those people point blank. Players were given something nice, accept the rewards and move on.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Loved the event. A fun bit of story, no required grind or rush to place, no significant roster-check frustration (I'm looking at you, Ant-Man Inner Space Cadet subnode), and a nice yellow Coulson cover to bring me to 1/1/1.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:
    It was a pretty easy event. I was expecting more like "end of gauntlet"-type scaling.

I did do the last wave node with Couldon, Quake and Fury for a challenge. Quake was a star with her blue constantly blowing up green tiles to keep me from getting flamethrowered to death.

Wish I didn't get a blue making Coulson 0/2/4. Would have been nice to just make the reward yellow since that's probably the rare color for most at this point.

Well, I was forunate to get his yellowflag.png
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    -snip-
    Brigby, is the cliffhanger at the end a sign that there will be more to this story, I hope?
    Good question! I personally don't know if there will be more to the story, but considering the cliffhanger...
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Echoing the sentiment of the majority of posters with a big "thanks" to D3/Demi. More of these mini-PVEs would marginally offset the shortcomings of the recent 4* vaulting fiasco.

It was also nice not having to grind every night for a week! Being able to choose your own pace is a huge plus for me.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Doc Strange says thank you for all those goon only nodes. A very relaxing and rewarding affair.