Agent Coulson Special Event: Inside Job (3/6/17)

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, fun event. Nice variation on a couple old goons. Could have stood to be about twice as long. I finished it in under 15 minutes. But, overall, I'd still give it a glowing review. I hope to see more like this in the future.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I love these kinds of events! Thanks for making this one, and I would love to see more of these in the future!
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Loved the event, good story. All nodes are open, after completion, if you want to read the story content.
    Maybe there will be an event like this every off-season.
  • KFloppy
    KFloppy Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Can I wait until Sunday to actually finish this event? Because I don't have slots/HP to add Coulson yet, I have several other new heroes waiting in the queue for the next 2 weeks.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Wish I didn't get a blue making Coulson 0/2/4. Would have been nice to just make the reward yellow since that's probably the rare color for most at this point.
    That's definitely true now, and my 0/0/3 Coulson is sure hoping to draw something other than blue, but it makes it better for future re-runs, when players have had a chance to differentiate their builds more.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see re-runs of the Ant-Man and Amadeus Cho events like this. Maybe they could show up with little warning for a few hours at a time, finally giving us that "lightning PvE" I've suggested a few times, shouting into the void.
  • Dayv
    KFloppy wrote:
    Can I wait until Sunday to actually finish this event? Because I don't have slots/HP to add Coulson yet, I have several other new heroes waiting in the queue for the next 2 weeks.
    That depends on your time zone to be 100% certain, but yeah, you'll have at least part of Sunday to clear it.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was a nice 5 minute diversion. Best part is Prologue healing is back for a week icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dayv
    Orion wrote:
    A fun team was Strange, Coulson, and Starlord. COUNTDOWNS!

Carol, Coulson and Starlord is countdown madness and really, really big strike tiles.
    It won't work against full goon teams, but I strongly suspect that Coulson and Loki together would be hilarious. Also, there's that whole thing where Loki killed him*.

* Do I need a spoiler warning for a five-year-old movie?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    * Do I need a spoiler warning for a five-year-old movie?

Probably not here, on the forums for MARVEL puzzle quest. I doubt there's anyone here who has yet to see it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    Wish I didn't get a blue making Coulson 0/2/4. Would have been nice to just make the reward yellow since that's probably the rare color for most at this point.
    That's definitely true now, and my 0/0/3 Coulson is sure hoping to draw something other than blue, but it makes it better for future re-runs, when players have had a chance to differentiate their builds more.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see re-runs of the Ant-Man and Amadeus Cho events like this. Maybe they could show up with little warning for a few hours at a time, finally giving us that "lightning PvE" I've suggested a few times, shouting into the void.

How about giving each and every 4* their own "lightning PVE" and running one every week? That would go a long way to easing this vaulting problem, and be a step closer to the "4* DDQ" concept that people are desperate for.

It would require a lot of story writing (and approval from Marvel, which I guess is one of the biggest hold-ups when designing new Story content), but they don't have to be very long. Even if they started with the new character as and when they're released, and backfill the rest of the tier, it would be doable.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice one. I even followed the story. Great rewards, fun effort. Let's have some more.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Heck, just tweak it and you can re-use it to give out any kind of specific character cover. That character could be the "cavalry" Fury is calling in to end the story.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally enjoyed this. Especially enjoyed:

-The 12K ISO.
    -The Coulson cover.
    -That each node was 1/1 and then green-checkmarked, so no grinding or enormous investment of my time!
    -The guaranteed 50 XP.

Maybe run one of these once a week (or even two 3-day events!) and feature a vaulted 4*!

And FYI, my random cover was his yellowflag.png and he's now 1/1/0.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    All done. Got a blue cover from the random reward at the end. Sure.

The "To Be Continued" is cute. Although it says that in The Hunt as well (and has for 2+ years) so I'm not holding my breath icon_e_smile.gif No, not the hunt. the other one. The Hulk one maybe?
    The Hulk did say to be continued, (but that "Get Frank Castle" storyline never happened and likely won't)
    still would be a shame to waste new SHIELD/Hydra goons without a new full blown PvE

If I recall correctly, it tells you it's continued in a comic series (I forget what it's called). They can't really do that in MPQ since it...doesn't...end well...
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Just joining the chorus of those who loved this and would love these mini events to be run as often as possible. Loved seeing quake with dialog and looking forward to the continuation of the adventure.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was fun, thanks.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    A solid much as we like to complain just wanted to say thanks for a fun little event even amidst all the shitstorm.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    What a great new event, Great Job D3/Demiurge!

Excellent Rewards:
    • 4x 500 ISO
    • 4x 10 XP
    • 1x Coulson cover
    • 1x 10k ISO

Plus new "elite" enemy goons and a fun/intriguing story... I look forward to the continuation!

Well done! and THANKS!!!

I agree with other posters, I wish we had more of these mini-events. Especially run concurrently with other PvE events. New mini-events would be great, of course (ideally one for each new character release), but also a constant rotation/replay of pre-existing events, would be a great way for players to earn extra covers and rewards. Running a mini-event once per season, at least, seems ideal.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I welcome the variation (and the 4* cover), in my opinion this event was a bit underwhelming. Mostly in terms of difficulty. I mean, 5 goon-only nodes? For anyone who has a decent roster, this will not present much of a challenge. Story-wise as well, after all it can be summarized as:
    Agents of SHIELD return from mission but they are attacked by their own people! But why? Find out, on the next episode.. of Dragon ball Z Inside Job.