Agent Coulson Special Event: Inside Job (3/6/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone!

Inside Job is a special week-long event that features MPQ’s newest 4-Star, Agent Coulson, as he and fellow S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Quake try to get to the bottom of what is happening back at base. Play as Agent Coulson and complete the 5-Mission event to get a random cover of Agent Coulson to add to your roster!

ChapterImg_PVE_AgentCoulson_no_quarter_res.png

Event Details:
    • Runs from Monday, March 6 at 12:00pm EST to Sunday, March 12th at 11:59pm EST. • Play with Agent Coulson in select missions. • New elite versions of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to face off against!
    o Elite Lieutenant places Protection tiles, as well as healing with Morale Boost o Elite Commander places Attack tiles, as well as Strike tiles with Tactical Deployment.
• Last mission rewards a random cover of Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished that over an hour ago Brigby. What's next? icon_e_smile.gif

1ab49613e018cf523ada2431a85b8531.jpg
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of People had already finished this

and I believe the Elite Commander is female
    still have a like anyways (what I wanted to say would get me a warning point I'm sure)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    All done. Got a blue cover from the random reward at the end. Sure.

The "To Be Continued" is cute. Although it says that in The Hunt as well (and has for 2+ years) so I'm not holding my breath icon_e_smile.gif No, not the hunt. the other one. The Hulk one maybe?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for giving us new content! Much appreciated!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    ty so much for a new event. but if was a 4 day event. this would match up (7x) with d3's 28 days a month/season. so in a year we would have 91 covers if covers were in a rotation (13 month x 7 event). if they did this for every 4*, so basically we could 2 set of colors on all (4*)'s (if they didn't make anymore) [-2 limited 45 (4*)]. it isn't a daily cover like DDQ (3*'s) but it would a good start to helping transitioner/championing.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    That was fun, thanks!

More please. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was quite possibly the easiest event ever. I expected some challenges like with Antman and Chulk's events. Regardless it is nice to earn a free 4* cover so thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    There were new versions of shield agents? Didn't even notice. I was done in giffy!
    Much appreciated though and with the recent vaulting, parallel events like this featuring the 4* guys and gals would be very very nice!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

The "To Be Continued" is cute. Although it says that in The Hunt as well (and has for 2+ years) so I'm not holding my breath icon_e_smile.gif No, not the hunt. the other one. The Hulk one maybe?
    The Hulk did say to be continued, (but that "Get Frank Castle" storyline never happened and likely won't)
    still would be a shame to waste new SHIELD/Hydra goons without a new full blown PvE
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    12k iso and a 4* cover for about 10 minutes of work is about the best reward/effort ratio ever seen in this game. Would love to see this storyline be like a monthly serial with the same reward structure. The half finished story and to be continued teaser gives me hope this could happen.

Add in a progression token to a 21 item vault to get a second 4* cover amongst other things and I would drop money in a quickness.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Great to have a seven day event like this so everyone can benefit. I don't think anyone would complain if we got these more often!

Got the purple cover I was hoping for. Now my Coulson is 2/3/3.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was a pretty easy event. I was expecting more like "end of gauntlet"-type scaling.

I did do the last wave node with Couldon, Quake and Fury for a challenge. Quake was a star with her blue constantly blowing up green tiles to keep me from getting flamethrowered to death.

Wish I didn't get a blue making Coulson 0/2/4. Would have been nice to just make the reward yellow since that's probably the rare color for most at this point.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    This was a fun event! Thank you for this and any more in the future!

A fun team was Strange, Coulson, and Starlord. COUNTDOWNS!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    A fun team was Strange, Coulson, and Starlord. COUNTDOWNS!

Carol, Coulson and Starlord is countdown madness and really, really big strike tiles.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very fun little event. Thanks devs. Would love to see a lot more like this.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    This was cute little mission with great rewards. Thanks! icon_e_smile.gif

Also hoping that this is going to be a recurring thing.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really enjoyed it, especially the bits of new story and the reasonable amount of time to earn a 4-star cover. I chuckled at the yoga bit. Great work, and I hope this becomes a bi-weekly way to introduce new 4-stars (or at least once a season).
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Loved this!

More please. Especially old characters.

Feel free to use this format to shut us up about vaulted characters :p

Any chance of seeing a Growth Industry?
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Echoing at this point, but....

More of these, please. Exactly this kind of thing. Thanks!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

The Hulk did say to be continued, (but that "Get Frank Castle" storyline never happened and likely won't)
    still would be a shame to waste new SHIELD/Hydra goons without a new full blown PvE
    I think that bit was mostly just advertising the comics rather than saying that The List would be translated into the game.