Inside Job

matthatter
matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I'm pretty excited about the mini mission coming along. Nice rewards - 10,000 iso8.png and a free Coulson cover. Not too shabby.

All in all, I love it when they do these non-competitive PVE events. I really wish they had one for all the characters, or at least the 4 star.png . Or rather, going forth do one of these mini missions after a new release.

Alas, I am grateful and excited about this one and am looking forward to tomorrow when I can play it!

Thanks D3!

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'd like it better if I didn't just pull my first Medusa. Now I've got to pony up 2000 HP in the next 14 days rather than just 1000.

This is only going to get worse if I keep opening tokens. I don't have the majority of the Golden 12 rostered yet, so I guess I won't be spending any CP or opening any tokens until... well, I don't really know. Without the majority of my 4* pulls being characters I've rostered who either need more covers or could use champion levels, I no longer have a roster plan.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love these mini events. Really should be running them all the time and rotate characters in and out of them. A great resource for covers that is woefully underutilized by the developers.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice if they gave us his yellow, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    In all likelihood this event will run for a couple weeks so there should be no pressure to get another roster slot.
    And yes I love these mini events
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Wait, what the heck? When was this even announced? lol
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Wait, what the heck? When was this even announced? lol

That there was a Coulson event coming has been in the sneak peek thread for a few days at least.
    GrimSkald wrote:
    It would be nice if they gave us his yellow, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth...

I've got a nickel says it's going to be a random color, since they attempted that with Amadeus' Inferno, and pulled it off with Webbed Wonder.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    I've got a nickel says it's going to be a random color, since they attempted that with Amadeus' Inferno, and pulled it off with Webbed Wonder.

Would be nice if they would just let us pick the colour in stuff like this.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys really dropped the ball this time. We keep clammoring for new content and when you deliver it, it should have been announced with much enthusiasm and fanfare and details.

Instead, most of us are surprised that it popped up and will have it completed before an actual annoucement.

Way To Go.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    You guys really dropped the ball this time. We keep clammoring for new content and when you deliver it, it should have been announced with much enthusiasm and fanfare and details.

Instead, most of us are surprised that it popped up and will have it completed before an actual annoucement.

Way To Go.

Eh. I can't say they dropped the ball when they gave us something new. I don't think this is something that needs to be built up much.
  • Crowl
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    pheregas wrote:

Way To Go.

Eh. I can't say they dropped the ball when they gave us something new. I don't think this is something that needs to be built up much.

Making an announcement post would seem to make sense though since most new stuff gets nabbed by marvel.com or another site.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Seriously, are people going to quibble about the way this was announced?
    It's a new event. Yay!
    Maybe there won't be any new feature or mechanics so there wasn't a need to have a big announcement for it. Brigby did post it in the sneak peek section for a couple of days now. If you're a vet you should have recognised it was a new pve from the title.
    I'm glad that they are trying to add in new content. Let's be more encouraging about it rather than nitpicking over how it was announced (or lack thereof).
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:

Yes. Yes, they are. And vociferously. When was the last time no one complained about something new? This is a sincere question, mind you, because I think it is a thing that does not exist.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    It occurred to me that we now have 4 different mini events.

Antman, Cho Hulk, Howard the Duck, Agent Coulson.

Hopefully, they will now be able to run this type of event quarterly.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Phumade wrote:
    It occurred to me that we now have 4 different mini events.

Antman, Cho Hulk, Howard the Duck, Agent Coulson.

Hopefully, they will now be able to run this type of event quarterly.

Does howard actually qualify? His event has placement awards. That's more of a normal PVE. But your point is valid.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Howard clearly doesn't qualify for this (or Hulk even would have to as well - we get a free cover there). This should be the norm - minievent like this for every release. So nothing exciting about this at all.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    +1 these mini events are a great addition. Hope to see this become a recurring theme. Maybe they can do this eacht time a new 4* or 5* has been released? That would be cool! An extra 10,000 ISO + 1 guaranteed cover for the newly released character
  • Crowl
    El Satanno wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:

Yes. Yes, they are. And vociferously. When was the last time no one complained about something new? This is a sincere question, mind you, because I think it is a thing that does not exist.

It is not so much a complaint as a suggestion that they missed an opportunity to blow their own trumpet at a new event since they rarely if ever get to be the first to announce the new characters.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    GrimSkald wrote:

I want more purple! no yellow... once again, i second you about looking a gift horse in the mouth
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:

Way To Go.

Brigby has done a really good job thus far of bridging that chasm, but more communication, especially from the devs themselves is always appreciated and builds good will with the community.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that they've flipped roster progression on it's head I'd much rather this be for any vaulted character because it's going to be super easy to Coulson covered before he rolls out and super hard for every other 4*.