Has anyone pulled a dupe cover from BH?

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, out of all "bonus" covers i received, all of them were 'dupes'. Just what I was afraid of. I think I received 4 purple covers for my 2/5/5 Thanos (3*), and when I finally got a 4* 'bonus' cover it was another blue for my 4/2/5 Thoress. Not amused.

As I had a small reserve of cp I decided to dish out 20cp to max Thanos anyway, seeing I had another 2 purples in my queue dying tomorrow. He's pretty powerful but you need his black at 5. I'm not swimming in CP though so coughing up 240cp to max Thoress isn't really an option.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moonknight 5/2/5 pulled a Green again on bonus. Can't be too mad makes a change from the 74 blacks I have had from him icon_e_biggrin.gif Also the original pull was a much needed Wasp icon_e_biggrin.gif

I did also get a CYK blue that was required to finish him off.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only pulled a single BH so far. Yeah RNG for every feature. Coming soon scaling based on RNG icon_rolleyes.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    This might be harder to "fix" than most of us imagine. I'll bet that the current token pull logic doesn't ever look at the user's roster to see how many covers they've already got in that particular character. Implementing this seems easy on the surface, but then you come to edge cases like having multiples of a certain character - for example, two Iron Man covers with spreads of 5/2/2 and 2/5/5 - which make things more complicated. Whichever solution is implemented won't please everyone.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Moonknight 5/2/5 pulled a Green again on bonus. Can't be too mad makes a change from the 74 blacks I have had from him icon_e_biggrin.gif Also the original pull was a much needed Wasp icon_e_biggrin.gif

I did also get a CYK blue that was required to finish him off.

One of the last things I expected to read.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    2 black 3* Thanos
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I'd really like to finish my 2/5/5 Nova, but I figured I'd be pushing my luck for a dup. So I figured I'd favorite my 1/3/5 Quake instead. Surprise, surprise, my bonus hero came out Quake blue. I've gotta say, it really took the wind out of my sails.

If they're going to put this behind two layers of RNG, I feel like they should at least let us favorite a specific color. In fact, I'm going to go post in suggestions if it's not there already.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    My 5/1/4 fave'd Peggy wasn't happy with another red turning up as a bonus
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup. Just got my first 4* BH and drew icon_x23.pngpurpleflag.png ... she is already at 4/3/5.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happened with Peggy for me. She's 5/2/5, and I got a blue.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Yup I wish the BH cover would either be colorless or a cover we can use (no dupes). This is what makes the new system so heartbreaking. RNG ontop of RNG and if I finally do get lucky to pull my favorited character that's sitting at 1/5/5, I'll probably get a dupe icon_e_sad.gif

So heartbreaking icon_cry.gif
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I pulled Pink 3 star Dr Strange cover from an Elite token. Then I got exactly the same cover for my bonus. Problem is I don't need that one, so that was a double blow.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Just recruited Gwenpool from the classic legendary and got her cover as a bonus (though this time it was a different cover). So I guess they made up for that. icon_razz.gif
  • Nick441234
    Happened with Peggy for me. She's 5/2/5, and I got a blue.

I can now add Peggy's red to this too. *sigh*

Hopefully that means I might get the yellow I actually need next.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    My 4/5/4 icon_iceman.png just received a BH cover in blue. Yay. icon_cry.gif
  • Nick441234
    Style55 wrote:
    My 4/5/4 icon_iceman.png just received a BH cover in blue. Yay. icon_cry.gif

I've been stuck with that same build for so long now. Its literally about 3 months I've been begging for a green now!
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    In the last two days I've pulled 3 purple BH covers for my 3* Thanos that has been at 4/5/3 for a few months. Pretty frustrating, but that's RNG for you I suppose.
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    nick_chicane wrote:
    Style55 wrote:
    My 4/5/4 just received a BH cover in blue. Yay. icon_cry.gif
    I've been stuck with that same build for so long now. Its literally about 3 months I've been begging for a green now!
    You know you can champ and respec a 4/5/4 right? Champing Bobby even without bonus covers is not a waste.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Reading all these reports makes me and my BH Thing (5/2/5) really sad... at least, this new system should ensure a pull of valid/useful color cover. That would be the rightest thing to do.
  • Nick441234
    RemcoLoki wrote:
    nick_chicane wrote:
    Style55 wrote:
    My 4/5/4 just received a BH cover in blue. Yay. icon_cry.gif
    You know you can champ and respec a 4/5/4 right? Champing Bobby even without bonus covers is not a waste.

I only raise my 4* levels as my 3*s catch them up. I like having my 3*s usable still so my 4*s will only get champed when a 3* reaches its maximum champ level.