Has anyone pulled a dupe cover from BH?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm curious, if you have a hero who's 5/x/x, and that hero's set to one of your favorites, have you pulled a cover where you had 5 covers already (and you have less than 13 covers)? So you then had to sell it, instead of using it?

I'd love to know, because I have some 5*s with less than 13 covers, but they are 5/2/5, so I want to know whether it makes sense to list them as favorites or wait until they've been championed, to prevent any Bonus Hero covers from going to waste. Thanks in advance for letting me know!

Comments

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Not with a 5 star. But had it happen twice already with my 3 star Thanos. He is 3/5/4 and I've got two purple bonus heros of him already.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had three BH pulls so far. The first was my Thanos, who was 3/5/4. He is now 4/5/4. The other two were for my championed Strang3.

My 4* BH doesn't even have 3 in a power, let alone 5, so it'll be a while before I run into this, I suspect.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    It happened to me. I have Falcon (5/4/3) set as my only 3* fave, and the first and only BH I've gotten so far was a falcon yellow.

ETA: Make that 2 BHs and both Falcon yellows. icon_evil.gif
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yup, my 3*, 5/0/3 Punisher was not over the moon to see another black. At least with a 3*, though, there's an outside chance of getting the needed covers within the fortnight.

I'm not holding my breath, but I have a better chance of getting him covered now than I ever have before.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/5/1 Starlord was not happy with getting yet another purple.
    And by that I mean I was not happy.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Pulled not one but two purple three-star Thanos covers yesterday. Saved them since his DDQ is coming up before they expire and I have some taco tokens saved for it. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Haha just kidding. I'll just pull a bunch of two stars and 500 ISO.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulling a max colored BH would require pulling a BH.

Have only done that once so far and made sure anything hearted is useful.

That being said, I have 5 characters with hearts. That's it.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I cashed in my unintentional season-long hoard yesterday, and while I'm really liking bonus heroes, RNG feels sticky as usual. Needed She-Hulk covers to champ her; she's no longer in tokens, but I got 6 bonus covers for her, and 5 of them were green. Received 2 bonus Moon Knight covers, both green. I say if you're in a x/5/5 situation for a 4*, spend the cp directly. If you need a 5* cover, well, remind yourself it was a bonus when you have to sell it for 2000 iso.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    all of my bonus 3's are champions
    the only way i can get a useless bonus hero would be X-23 (my only favorited 4) Green
    if i get Red or purple i intend to champion her before either another bonus cover or Ragnarok reaching level 183 (which will likely occur if i rechamp Ares))
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Yes, my first bonus hero pull was a yellow or purple (?) for my 2/5/5 3* Strange. So I favorited all the 3* since my only non Champs are Strange and Thanos.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    My first bonus hero was a Medusa Purple who was 1/3/5 at the time. Oddly enough, I got a Medusa yellow from a heroic and and LT on the same day, so currently sitting at 3/3/5 and hoping for some lucky draws before having to sell.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    i had some tokens hoarded and I pulled one 3* Strange and one Iron Fist for bonuses.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    yes. got a 6th blue for my 3/3/5 peggy. so sad to see it wilting on the vine. 13 days and counting for me to get more LT and CP so I can try to pull more of her other covers.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    My first BH 5* pull was a 6th Black Bolt black despite it being the only cover I have him currently at 5 covers for.

Not loving BH without implementation of something to combat this obvious and major flaw
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    A third Thanos purple? Are you kidding me?
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I've only pulled 3* thanos purple. 5 of them, no other bonus pulls yet. I'm beginning to think there is a line of code missing.

*Edit, thanos autocorrects to thanks. Useful
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Yes, the very first BH I pulled was a dupe - blue Daisy. The TU now has 3 covers ...

But the next two were usable - a 12th Drax and the 13th Quake. I can't complain - Drax also had just one cover already at 5, so it's average luck in the end. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Set my 3/5/4 Thanos as my fave as he is the only 3* I have not yet champed. Got two bonus heroes on back to back pulls. BOTH purple. icon_mad.gif
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I have Peggy set as my 4* favourite. I drew a bunch of LTs and got three BHs. Sadly they were all blue Peggies and mine is 3/4/5 so...
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Just made my 534 Phoenix my favorite 5*. Glad I read this before pulling a 5* bonus hero. I'm going to pick another now.