Give it time

13»

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Alright so I'm going to use my own personal roster to convey the iso deficit, all rosters are not like mine some better some worse.

Okay so we will round champion cost of 4* to be 400k for this example.

I currently have 8 4* I can champ which comes out to 3.2 million iso. Now I also have about 6-8 that are between 10-12 that could need champing soon but I won't count them.

Out of the 8 that need champing 2 are in the latest 12 (Mk and Peggy). I can wait literally a week and Mk will rotate out. This means my new current deficit is 400k.

Now I'm pretty sure I just saved a bunch of iso by switching to vaulting.

Now I can basically say bye Felicia to all the oldest characters if I want to because I'm not going to randomly pull them.

And assuming I only need to champ the new 12 that is a 4.8 mil deficit where in my old it was 3.2 + x which was very random with a bunch of possibilities.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    To the people saying that this change will help new rosters...
    Isn't the BH system supposed to unlock on scl8?
    So... That means that the tokens have half the people in them, but no chance for scl7 and lower to get older characters. Right?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa wrote:
    So... That means that the tokens have half the people in them, but no chance for scl7 and lower to get older characters. Right?

You are mixing up your ranks and levels, this is the thing you get xp for in pve and pvp with level 8 being very early in the game.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    Skrofa wrote:

You are mixing up your ranks and levels, this is the thing you get xp for in pve and pvp with level 8 being very early in the game.

Whoops! Right you are !
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Those tokens you might get what maybe 10 a week at best? But you will get 100's of standards, elites, heroics in a week.

And yes I know that those tokens don't give many 4* covers but the high level of play is mostly 5* and 3* correct? (Read PvP). So I don't know yet how badly this change hampers that.

If anything this change vastly strengthens your 3* and makes it so the 4* you get (the 12 newest) have the potential to be way higher.

So I'm not sure yet if I should sit down and watch things blow over or pick up the pitchfork and run with it. Time will tell.

All that matters is this, its a 5% chance of bonus heroes and that's basically horrible. Champ rewards for 4*'s will be
    virtually non-existent (don't tell me to champ the latest 4*'s in the tokens at the moment, its like 4 million iso and those will change every month, not even time to champ and add that many levels).

Believe or not but champ rewards for 4*'s are a big deal, it gives iso/cp/hp on a daily basis and now poof...
    all gone except when they show up in pvp/pve/overpriced vaults.

And at around lvl 330, 4*'s are getting pretty damn strong. Well, good luck getting a 4* there under this system.

Repeat after me - I can still earn old covers in PVE and PVP progressions and placement

Lets do some math
    PVP: 45 x 2.5 days (lenght of event) = 1 cover every 112 days
    PVE: 45 X 3.5 days (we get about 2 events/week) = 1 cover every 157 days

Assuming you dont get too many of the same color (which is likely as hell), its gonna take about 2 or 3 years to cover
    a vaulted 4*. Does that sound reasonnable?

Placement doesnt count, its too difficult for 99% of people.

It wasn't about whether or not it was reasonable. that is a separate discussion. It was about whether or not it was possible. You claimed it wasn't I claimed it was. I completely agree that it is tough. I completely agree that champ rewards will be fewer. I don't agree that they will never happen and that its impossible. As I said in a different thread I know why people chose to say

these characters are now useless
    I will never get any champ rewards
    Progress has stopped

because its a tad sexier than saying everything is a bit slower. Hyperbole has the effect of often initially drawing attention, which is why people in general use it. Sadly they don't realise that using hyperbole also makes people view you as unrealistic and somewhat devalues what you have to say.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I said in a different thread I know why people chose to say

these characters are now useless
    I will never get any champ rewards
    Progress has stopped

because its a tad sexier than saying everything is a bit slower. Hyperbole has the effect of often initially drawing attention, which is why people in general use it. Sadly they don't realise that using hyperbole also makes people view you as unrealistic and somewhat devalues what you have to say.

Dropping down to 1 cover every 2-3 months may not quite be stopped, but it isn't that far off it and while you say that hyperbole devalues what somebody is saying, using a phrase like 'a bit slower' is just as guilty of underestimating the situation as others are overstating it, so should your own comments be similarly disregarded too?