With Logan being released next week...

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
What, if anything, can we expect from MPQ?

A new variant of Wolverine? A free OML cover (of your choice) for everyone (terms and conditions apply)? 5* Even Older Man Prof X?

I might be jumping the gun a little as the sneak peek doesn't go far into March, but I'd hope that there's something.

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think for Apocalypse all they did was have an extra Mystique cover in PvE progression. So I wouldn't expect much.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    I don't remember them doing even THAT for Apocalypse.

I thought all they did was run Children Of The Atom in PvP and one other ( meaningless ) event. Enemy of The State, maybe?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They'll release 1* Wolverine.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hopefully there will be a special vault or screen similar to the recent BLACK Panther one where the chance of pulling OML is 10% and all other 4* covers is 2%.
    I think that's only fair.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They'll release 1* Wolverine.

X-Baby Wolvie confirmed.
    25a802fe7c6e7cc3f50900cdfadcedf1.jpg
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I don't remember them doing even THAT for Apocalypse.

I thought all they did was run Children Of The Atom in PvP and one other ( meaningless ) event. Enemy of The State, maybe?

They ran Children of the Atom, and almost the entire boosted list for that week was mutants. Running an OML token shop like they do for new 5* releases would make sense as a way for them to make some quick cash, though (I feel like there's a decent amount of people that would do buy clubs for that).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping a rebalance to XFW for next season. He's rarely used except when boosted. He needs slightly more health and more damage on green. Heck he's the only Wolverine that doesn't produce strikes! But I'm sure they'll just have the Children of the Atom PvP.. maybe run EotS PvE
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Logan is produced by Fox so likely they'll just run EOTS after Venom
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If they were smart they would put up a Limited vault with a yellow Old Man Logan cover in it. It would probably be the closest they could come to printing money.

But, Fox Studios.....
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    *cries* just one OML yellow cover. Is that too much to ask?
    I even missed the one in the shield resupply because they changed it after I passed that date. That one cover would be enough to allow me to use a 5*!
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    *cries* just one OML yellow cover. Is that too much to ask?
    I even missed the one in the shield resupply because they changed it after I passed that date. That one cover would be enough to allow me to use a 5*!

I sympathize, when they changed the resupply cover to yellow I was only days from it. Without that I'd be stuck with a 5/0/4 (or would it be 4/0/5?) OML instead of my 4/1/4.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enemy of the State and Children of the Atom seems like the most likely attention this will get. There can't be any official promotions, so sneak promotions is all we can get.
    But hey, we should get a new Iron Fist soon to celebrate his show premiere.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of each colour, it's the only fair way icon_e_wink.gif
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Three letters: FOX

Do not expect anything (this time it's good, because we don't need another Wolverine icon_razz.gif)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    If they were smart they would put up a Limited vault with a yellow Old Man Logan cover in it. It would probably be the closest they could come to printing money.

But, Fox Studios.....

lots of short term cash, but it might also reduce the grinding that people do over the long term if they can just buy their OML yellow. . .
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe they make fun of Fox by releasing characters that are in Old Man Logan but won't be in Logan, like Pappy Banner, old Hawkeye, President Red Skull, or Spider-Tinykitty.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:

But, Fox Studios.....

lots of short term cash, but it might also reduce the grinding that people do over the long term if they can just buy their OML yellow. . .

Can't buy a cover that you cannot pull from the deluded Classics.. I'm still at 0/0/2 since his release.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:

But, Fox Studios.....

Can't buy a cover that you cannot pull from the deluded Classics.. I'm still at 0/0/2 since his release.

^ This. I'm at 0/0/1.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Berserk Al wrote:
    Maybe they make fun of Fox by releasing characters that are in Old Man Logan but won't be in Logan, like Pappy Banner, old Hawkeye, President Red Skull, or Spider-Tinykitty.
    Or Venomsaurus Rex!!!
  • BlackWidow70
    BlackWidow70 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

I think they were referring if OML Yellow were to be put into a vault and in that case then he could be bought.