Is anyone boycotting Gauntlet?

13»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    [/quote]

But it is also easy to get the same amount of rewards as in Gauntlet in a normal PvE. Just clear every node twice every day, and you will get really easily more or less the same rewards. Much easily in fact because the difficulty in the nodes will be quite low!

And then if somebody wants to play more he can obtain better rewards![/quote]

Yes but is it a grind? Yes. Against the same old dark avengers and maggia goons? Yes. Guantlet does not do that.

Also...your sentence "every day" is not my idea of play when you want. Gauntlet truly is
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    played through once. that's all i will do.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Guantlet is PvE done right. Progression based at your own pace.

People complaining, boycotting or not even playing.. seem to be the same people complaining that the thing that passes off for PvE with playing to a timer, rank based rewards and monotonous drudgery.

Which do you want?

Perhaps the CP and HP could be a little better but i don't need to factor a 3 hr slot every day for this.

Play Guantlet, praise the format, comment that the rewards could be a little better.

Boycott regular PvE!
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Seriously OP, this smacks of complaining for the sake of complaining. Any event that deviates from the usual grindathon is a welcome thing. Breezed through this with a 3* roster, which will give me some nice downtime until the next event.

Anything free in this game is welcome. I think people are spoilt. In the early days of this game, you got practically NOTHING for free!
  • Seriously OP, this smacks of complaining for the sake of complaining. Any event that deviates from the usual grindathon is a welcome thing. Breezed through this with a 3* roster, which will give me some nice downtime until the next event.

Anything free in this game is welcome. I think people are spoilt. In the early days of this game, you got practically NOTHING for free!

the point is gauntlet replaces one event that would have substantially superior awards. it isnt free, it absolutely robs you of the rewards from a standard event. no daily sub and alliance sub rewards, no personal and alliance placement awards and 25CP gone forever. taken. stolen. robbed. pilfered. free isnt free.

and they didnt preview the next event which may very well mean that this garbage event might steal two standard events. enjoy your "freebie".
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Well im not a fan of gauntlet, its quite tough to beat those teams with higher scaling than you. That was before i have a champ 5*.

Now i have a level 454 OML, why not try it again.

Breezed thru all the nodes till end and got my yellow CAGE. 1 more yellow or black cover and he will be champ next.
    OML + boosted Peggy and Quake did it.
    Spend like 1.5 days to finish it.

I just enjoyed the play experience. If i lost i lost. Then try again. At least have some ample time to rest when a PVE grind event will come again..
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Last time I was one character short of being able to complete it, so I really want to get it done this time. Finished first and second stages, got four days to finish Global. I agree that the rewards should have been a lot better.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I will. It is not worth the aggravation of repeatedly being tinykittied by the horrible AI.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Not worth playing.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    It's way to easy and has to much Iso to boycott. Sure I would like better progression rewards the same as everyone else but 500 iso per node is....well, you figure it out.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished green check of second sub. Champed nick fury and xf deadpool with IM40 makes this a cake walk. I just run the nodes til fury is dead, come back a couple of hours later after he has healed.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guantlet is PvE done right. Progression based at your own pace.

People complaining, boycotting or not even playing.. seem to be the same people complaining that the thing that passes off for PvE with playing to a timer, rank based rewards and monotonous drudgery.

Which do you want?

Perhaps the CP and HP could be a little better but i don't need to factor a 3 hr slot every day for this.

Play Guantlet, praise the format, comment that the rewards could be a little better.

Boycott regular PvE!

Have you played regular PvE? I play PvE by doing a few nodes throughout the day, not in a 3hr block. Get max progression.

You can play Gauntlet style in PvE hit max progression get better rewards and easier scaling.

What more do you want?
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Seriously OP, this smacks of complaining for the sake of complaining. Any event that deviates from the usual grindathon is a welcome thing. Breezed through this with a 3* roster, which will give me some nice downtime until the next event.

the point is gauntlet replaces one event that would have substantially superior awards. it isnt free, it absolutely robs you of the rewards from a standard event. no daily sub and alliance sub rewards, no personal and alliance placement awards and 25CP gone forever. taken. stolen. robbed. pilfered. free isnt free.

and they didnt preview the next event which may very well mean that this garbage event might steal two standard events. enjoy your "freebie".

Stolen. Pilfered. Robbed.

Read some funny stuff in my time. The entitlement is real.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    boycotting...no
    without any good rewards besides the iso for clearing nodes and 7 days to play at my own pace, not concerning myself with max progression
    i have work this weekend and other hobbies to do
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Guantlet is PvE done right.

No it is not. This thing lasts way too long with way too much down time. Some are done and others, like me, are stuck with no way to progress due to opponents being way too strong. Gauntlet should never be running by itself.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    The rewards are bad, yes. For once though I played and had fun. I actually got rewards in PVE while doing something at my own pace, and each battle was unique vs beating my head against the same node over and over.

I always said Gauntlet is PVE done right (and in a literal sense). What we have now is indirect PVP. If they increased the prizes PVE might (dare I say it) be fun?