Is anyone boycotting Gauntlet?

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    The rewards should definitely be better but this had to be my easiest gauntlet yet, with XFDP and Peggy champed and boosted it was a breeze, didn't even use 3* DP whales once and I've been saving his points just for this! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    dokiy wrote:
    No. Why would I? Boosted Quake and XPool with a little IM 40 mixed in and everything will be a breeze. Oh, and no locked-out characters? Win. Plus I don't have to worry about hitting 4 clears for progression. Can hit nodes when I want and have 7 days to do it? Its a dream. Could rewards be better? Sure but for a non-placement PVE that I can play on my time, I love it.

That's the team I used and I finished the main line on the first day, never wiped even once. Finished the last of the essentials this morning.

Yeah, I'd love my CL8 applied to the progression rewards, but that was a quick easy run for a good chunk of iso.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, not boycotting. Just finished the green check of thr first sub. Will play around with the other two over the next few days.

Yeah, the rewards aren't the best, but things I love to do with gauntlet:

Experiment with team combos and find new strategies.
    Look at how well my currently underdeveloped 4s perform when they have high health.

Basically gauntlet is a great "here's to group together and use effectively in a team" guide.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    You must be joking OP. They lowered the difficulty setting down to 1. It will be the most played gauntlet ever.

To me gauntlet implies a gruelling challenge. It should be an accomplishment to finish it, and it should have rewards to match.

We know you can deliver on great events, we just had one in strange sights! Please rework the gauntlet.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, not boycotting - because lower rewards are still better than NO rewards, and I need all the ISO and XP I can get.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, for the people who hate PVE (which, judging by all the complaining around here, is basically everyone) this should be the greatest event of all time.

- Clear each node once, get 500 ISO for every one (or twice for 750 each)
    - Guaranteed 4* cover at the end
    - Mirror matches are allowed now so you can winfinite the whole thing minus essentials if you want/need to
    - No scrambling for placement against ultra-efficient killbots who apparently play MPQ professionally
    - No PVE to worry about for 6 days
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never bother with it, but more cause theres no alliance rewards. I prefer the few days off from the game to just chill. Dont really care what they do with it.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember all the people who cried about the new PVE tests not going full progression only. I see some of those same names upset now about an event that is progression only. Makes me chuckle.

For the record I like Gauntlet. This will most likely be my second time actually completing it since Peggy is boosted. It's a nice break from having to play my one long session a night to get placement and since it runs concurrently with another event for half the time it doesn't seem too onerous reward-wise. Could it maybe use a little more CP, sure. Is it a deal breaker that I would "boycott". No way.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very annoyed I can't get the last Quake cover I very much wanted as progression for the PvE that would have been here.
    But...I also needed the yellow Luke Cage cover, and with Peggy and XPool boosted it's been a really easy run through. Only have two required character nodes to go in the first set (ran out of health packs and Peggy died to a lucky cascade).

If it was a 4* I didn't have a use for, I might have skipped it.

Honestly though, boycotting this doesn't help you much. They won't change the rewards now and you'll just lose out on what you would have gained. If they care about feedback at all, the topics here will be seen and commented on. You don't need to cut your nose off to spite your face.
  • if the 4* cover had been a champ level or a scrap, no way i would have played. i do look at rewards and decide if i think its worth the time. chewing through a bunch of level 350-410 characters for nothing aint my idea of fun.

as it was i had about a million dp points i never use, so wth. whales ho b*thches. done and done, no fuss no muss. will i grind for xp or the remaining iso? uhhhhhh, no.

its unfortunate they wont apply scl to gauntlet. seems like the perfect fit for an event that scales to your roster to have the rewards do the same. logic??
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I love the Gauntlet. Having a PVE where there are no timers, just three clears to get XP from each node which I can do whenever I want over 7 days, that's wonderful! I agree that the prizes aren't the best, but I wish more of MPQ felt like the Gauntlet.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I have not had the motivation to even start it.. I think the biggest factor for me to play is the SHIELD Intercepts.. this event is such a reward killer.

3 matches per node to get 10xp.

3 matchers per node to get 850 iso.

Plenty of time to recover health packs.

Shield intercepts everywhere because they are Story mode matches.

Everyone complains that there's ISO need, the tail end usually overlaps the start of the next event rather than being an isolated week-long PvE with 70 matches a day for ranking...

I'm not getting the complaints about it. Again.

I think you are not getting it because you don't want to.

Considering just getting top50 rewards:

39 CPs vs 6 CPs (that is considering no CP won on placement)
    9k iso a day x 7 days + 4-6k in placement = 67k iso vs 48k iso
    150HP in progression + 100HP final top 50 + 7 day 50HP = 600HP vs 100HP
    Two 3s and one 4 in progression vs Three 3s and one 4
    Three more 3s in placement vs 0
    Three elite tokens and 7 event tokens vs 3 standard and 3 event tokens
    Much smaller number of iso interceipts possible during the 7 days -> 9x6x7=378 vs 19x3=57

Now, I dare you to say again that you don't understand why people is complaining. The difference from a 7 day long PVE is BIG. The difference with a 3 day and a 4 day event is MASSIVE !!! (as an example 64CPs vs 6)

Seriously, how can you defend the prices in Gauntlet? THEY ARE HORRIBLE

I think maybe his point is that the prizes are EASY to obtain and do not require grinding for 2 or 3 hours per day
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Not boycotting. I need iso and 500 per node is nice enough. I've also never completed it so I want to see if I can do it. I also want the Luke Cage. I also will do everything in my power to show support for noncompetitve PvE. Don't like placements in PvE? Playing Gauntlet is a good way to show it.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boycott? Of course not. In fact, I've already finished it once. I'll go back and play it some more over the weekend. I'm one of those weirdos who likes playing games for fun, not just for the virtual rewards it yields. I'm happy to see a bit of variety in some matches instead of more Dark Avengers or Maggia. I like the gauntlet.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I may boycott after that stupid second node on the hardest. was doing winfinite to save health packs. My Arcane Incantation was up in the corner every time. But the AI"s was put in the open good spot every time. So rigged it was pathetic. I am pretty sure a sadist plans some of these AI teams.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Wasn't going to boycott but didn't rrally have much hope of completing it. But still I thought, why not give it a try. Until I got to the medusa/peggy/gwenpool node in last part.

They have wiped out all of my teams. Whatever I tried did not seem to work... Oh well... Maybe tomorrow I guess...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Luke is 2/3/5, so that Yellow cover is far too tasty to pass up. It really helps me avoid getting color screwed for finishing him.

It is true that the Gauntlet's rewards are poor - they are exactly the same as from before the SCL was implemented and so suffer from the comparison. Still, this one isn't exactly difficult, and the fact that every node is worth 500 Iso the first time through makes up for a lot of the lost sub awards. I'll definitely play until the end, and will probably finish off all the nodes in all the subs, as well as grind some of the easier ones for XP.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Boycott? Of course not. In fact, I've already finished it once. I'll go back and play it some more over the weekend. I'm one of those weirdos who likes playing games for fun, not just for the virtual rewards it yields. I'm happy to see a bit of variety in some matches instead of more Dark Avengers or Maggia. I like the gauntlet.

I second this

Along with simulator it's my favourite event because I'm more concerned with my variety of play and level of enjoyment than the digital prizes. Nice to see I'm not the only madman on here
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I already played through once for the Cage, and I'll go back for more over the next few days for xp/ISO.

I do wish it had better rewards and was more challenging. With no character lockouts, and some good champed 4's, it was a breeze.

I'd like to see a 4th section added with tougher battles and a 5* at the end. Add in some 5* essentials, or crazy battles that require a lot of strategy, luck or super whales.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I have not had the motivation to even start it.. I think the biggest factor for me to play is the SHIELD Intercepts.. this event is such a reward killer.

3 matches per node to get 10xp.

3 matchers per node to get 850 iso.

Plenty of time to recover health packs.

Shield intercepts everywhere because they are Story mode matches.

Everyone complains that there's ISO need, the tail end usually overlaps the start of the next event rather than being an isolated week-long PvE with 70 matches a day for ranking...

I'm not getting the complaints about it. Again.

I think you are not getting it because you don't want to.

Considering just getting top50 rewards:

39 CPs vs 6 CPs (that is considering no CP won on placement)
    9k iso a day x 7 days + 4-6k in placement = 67k iso vs 48k iso
    150HP in progression + 100HP final top 50 + 7 day 50HP = 600HP vs 100HP
    Two 3s and one 4 in progression vs Three 3s and one 4
    Three more 3s in placement vs 0
    Three elite tokens and 7 event tokens vs 3 standard and 3 event tokens
    Much smaller number of iso interceipts possible during the 7 days -> 9x6x7=378 vs 19x3=57

Now, I dare you to say again that you don't understand why people is complaining. The difference from a 7 day long PVE is BIG. The difference with a 3 day and a 4 day event is MASSIVE !!! (as an example 64CPs vs 6)

Seriously, how can you defend the prices in Gauntlet? THEY ARE HORRIBLE

I think maybe his point is that the prizes are EASY to obtain and do not require grinding for 2 or 3 hours per day

But it is also easy to get the same amount of rewards as in Gauntlet in a normal PvE. Just clear every node twice every day, and you will get really easily more or less the same rewards. Much easily in fact because the difficulty in the nodes will be quite low!

And then if somebody wants to play more he can obtain better rewards!