Is anyone boycotting Gauntlet?

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Is anyone boycotting Gauntlet until the rewards are reworked?

Would this work at all? The devs don't seem to care that the rewards are not worth the time and effort of the event. Only one 4 star in progression and it is only available if you have ALL the required characters and beat every single node. Also, with the scaling as it is, it's not a bunch of easy fights and you usually get a 2* or less.

What would be a way to get the devs to update the rewards system for this PVE or is there no hope?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a lot of people are sort of boycotting it, in terms of "not spending very long playing it".... ie burning through it quickly and never looking back.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have not had the motivation to even start it.. I think the biggest factor for me to play is the SHIELD Intercepts.. this event is such a reward killer.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish they'd put CP in at the very least, and a 5* at the end would make it one of the -most- played events instead of one of the least played events.

Considering how rarely we see it anymore, I assume it must be one of the lesser played events.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    The progression rewards are indeed abysmal, but, 500 Iso for each fight? It adds up quickly. So, I'll be slugging my way through. Plus, I've only ever completed all 3 gauntlets once (the last run) and I want to see if I can do it again.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's hard to actually boycott stuff in this game because jumping off the hamster wheel for even a second digs your resource hole even deeper.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Hmm, I mean, the small resources to gain from just rewards and shield intercepts are...ok to have, but I feel if people just keep playing, then they won't change anything.

Do the devs read the forum? Will they see all the complaints about the terrible prizes or only look to see that "Oh, people still play Gauntlet. We don't need to change anything."

I haven't started Gauntlet yet in hopes to boycott it. I don't know.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some decent iso numbers and it's the easiest gauntlet to date for a developed roster. I have just finished the easy one (main line, not the essentials). My intention is to get the progression slowly over next 2-3 days and green the easy one (for 150 XP). Nothing else. Clearly I will play less time than average PvE.

Unfortunately there is no way you can boycott event like this - the player base is just too "diluted". there are still people who like it, who hate it, who play it just for a quick relaxing match, etc.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I imagine with the amount of noise being made i.e. this thread and the "gauntlet prizes are pathetic" thread should get the point across. And I agree, not only is the main prize, a low covered low tier 4*, a disappointment, the rest of the rewards are lame too. Completing the entire thing gives 3 vault tokens, 3 2*s, 3 3*s and a 4 star. Which is in line with regular pve minus 25 cp, and its a good deal harder. They should add cp for sure. Probably more 2 and 3 stars as well. I know its not competitive, but I would love some alliance reward component. A vault token for each member that completed it or something.

Still tho, I finished gauntlet for the first time. The main thing I got out of it is a quick iso burst. 500 per node adds up, and since I binged gauntlet early it feels like a better boost
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    I have not had the motivation to even start it.. I think the biggest factor for me to play is the SHIELD Intercepts.. this event is such a reward killer.

3 matches per node to get 10xp.

3 matchers per node to get 850 iso.

Plenty of time to recover health packs.

Shield intercepts everywhere because they are Story mode matches.

Everyone complains that there's ISO need, the tail end usually overlaps the start of the next event rather than being an isolated week-long PvE with 70 matches a day for ranking...

I'm not getting the complaints about it. Again.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017

3 matches per node to get 10xp.

3 matchers per node to get 850 iso.

Plenty of time to recover health packs.

Shield intercepts everywhere because they are Story mode matches.

Everyone complains that there's ISO need, the tail end usually overlaps the start of the next event rather than being an isolated week-long PvE with 70 matches a day for ranking...

I'm not getting the complaints about it. Again.

I think you are not getting it because you don't want to.

Considering just getting top50 rewards:

39 CPs vs 6 CPs (that is considering no CP won on placement)
    9k iso a day x 7 days + 4-6k in placement = 67k iso vs 48k iso
    150HP in progression + 100HP final top 50 + 7 day 50HP = 600HP vs 100HP
    Two 3s and one 4 in progression vs Three 3s and one 4
    Three more 3s in placement vs 0
    Three elite tokens and 7 event tokens vs 3 standard and 3 event tokens
    Much smaller number of iso interceipts possible during the 7 days -> 9x6x7=378 vs 19x3=57

Now, I dare you to say again that you don't understand why people is complaining. The difference from a 7 day long PVE is BIG. The difference with a 3 day and a 4 day event is MASSIVE !!! (as an example 64CPs vs 6)

Seriously, how can you defend the prices in Gauntlet? THEY ARE HORRIBLE
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, but I never play it. It's always my PVE break. I have never thought the rewards were worth the effort. In 2 years I have never done more than one sub in gauntlet.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    My my my, everyone is so articulate in their frustrations. I got four words for ya, and two marks of punctuation.

Don't like? Don't play.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I might play a few battles, but the event as a whole is too much of a slog. I've got other things competing for my time.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    JangoLore wrote:
    My my my, everyone is so articulate in their frustrations. I got four words for ya, and two marks of punctuation.

Don't like? Don't play.

I love the Gauntlet! It is one of my favourite events! That doesn't meant the prices are HORRIBLE.

And I can also tell you "Don't like the comments here? Don't post in this thread". Don't you see a problem there? We are here debating with arguments, and trying to fix something that it is obviously broken. Devs have not updated the rewards in Gauntlet for a long time. Far before SCLs. They tweaked the nodes to include CP and that's it, same rewards for almost three years!
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Doesn everyone actually playing this game only for "rewards"?
    Like for real, do you look at rewards and then decide "**** it, Im not touching it"? For me it's one of most enjoyable things in mpq, same as pvp simulator - because in both of them I can play, when I want, for how long I want and using what I won't without feeling that Im losing to someone...
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    No. Why would I? Boosted Quake and XPool with a little IM 40 mixed in and everything will be a breeze. Oh, and no locked-out characters? Win. Plus I don't have to worry about hitting 4 clears for progression. Can hit nodes when I want and have 7 days to do it? Its a dream. Could rewards be better? Sure but for a non-placement PVE that I can play on my time, I love it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    39 CPs vs 6 CPs (that is considering no CP won on placement)
    9k iso a day x 7 days + 4-6k in placement = 67k iso vs 48k iso
    150HP in progression + 100HP final top 50 + 7 day 50HP = 600HP vs 100HP
    Two 3s and one 4 in progression vs Three 3s and one 4
    Three more 3s in placement vs 0
    Three elite tokens and 7 event tokens vs 3 standard and 3 event tokens
    Much smaller number of iso interceipts possible during the 7 days -> 9x6x7=378 vs 19x3=57

Now, I dare you to say again that you don't understand why people is complaining. The difference from a 7 day long PVE is BIG. The difference with a 3 day and a 4 day event is MASSIVE !!! (as an example 64CPs vs 6)

Seriously, how can you defend the prices in Gauntlet? THEY ARE HORRIBLE

Well, the comparison isn't quite this bad because it has almost always run parallel to a 3 or 4 day event on the backside. So really it's more about comparing 7 days of Gauntlet to a 3/4 day event. So lets compare to a 3.5 day event (avg of 3 & 4)

Gauntlet still woefully trails in CP/HP/tokens but Iso favors Gauntlet (before counting stuff like intercepts that don't count for some of us).

So it's bad, but not quite as bad as you're painting.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not boycotting, but am putting in minimal effort. I'll get the final prize and maybe full clear the first 7 or 8. But after that? It'll be time to knock out PVP Sim.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Not me. The yellow was my 13th cover for Luke Cage. I ripped right through it. Peggy and IM40 with XFDP and MrF here and there. It didn't take long at all
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not going to outright now play it, but I'm not gonna sweat it too much. Probably gonna play around with PvP more than I usually do and play more Let It Die. icon_e_biggrin.gif