• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Know what's fun? having 6 turns to deal with this
    dLnxq6d.png?1
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why are there separate tiers for alliance ranks 1001-2000, 2001-5000 and 5001-10000 when they're all the exact same rewards? (750 ISO and 2 SS tokens.)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why are there separate tiers for alliance ranks 1001-2000, 2001-5000 and 5001-10000 when they're all the exact same rewards? (750 ISO and 2 SS tokens.)
    It was probably simpler to put in the exact same rewards in all rewards tiers instead of creating new reward tiers.
    I missed the first run of Strange Sights, so getting six event tokens as Alliance rewards was quite a pleasant surprise. I vaguely recall getting a lot of old tokens when I got back to the game, but I didn't dwell much on it...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    A boss is supposed to be hard.
    Tile movers/changers, invisibility, cheap enemy-strike abilities.
    Remember games from the 80's where it took multiple tries to win a level? Complaints that it takes two tries... ha!!
    5* Rosters: Have you tried Thanos purple? At least it delay's new strike tiles for a few rounds.

Perhaps we should be asking for a 5* character with incredible board movement abilities.

Yeah a boss is supposed to be hard and then you are supposed to use a particular strategy against him. Just the opposite of what is happening here for 5 rosters.

My K creates 1.5k strike tiles every turn, he does around 2k match damage, so after 3-4 turns he is doing around 5-6k damage every turn. He kills my 3s in one or two moves. If he gets a double match just one. And if I have a cascade he can easily kill any of my 5s! There is no strategy possible, just bring your stronger chars and prey for a good board. This is lame. This is bad game design. If they can't scale correctly the boss for 5 rosters it is better to just forbid the use of them. This is clearly a boss designed for 3 rosters.

I guess if you have a BSS champed things are much easier, but it is not my case. I tried again with PH, Patch and Loki and got completely obliterated. So I basically changed to my most resilient team, OML, SS and Thanos and after a couple of tries I won. No clever match, just dumb luck. This is not hard this is dumb!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Rick OShay wrote:
    A boss is supposed to be hard.
    Tile movers/changers, invisibility, cheap enemy-strike abilities.
    Remember games from the 80's where it took multiple tries to win a level? Complaints that it takes two tries... ha!!
    5* Rosters: Have you tried Thanos purple? At least it delay's new strike tiles for a few rounds.

Perhaps we should be asking for a 5* character with incredible board movement abilities.

Yeah a boss is supposed to be hard and then you are supposed to use a particular strategy against him. Just the opposite of what is happening here for 5 rosters.

My K creates 1.5k strike tiles every turn, he does around 2k match damage, so after 3-4 turns he is doing around 5-6k damage every turn. He kills my 3s in one or two moves. If he gets a double match just one. And if I have a cascade he can easily kill any of my 5s! There is no strategy possible, just bring your stronger chars and prey for a good board. This is lame. This is bad game design. If they can't scale correctly the boss for 5 rosters it is better to just forbid the use of them. This is clearly a boss designed for 3 rosters.

I guess if you have a BSS champed things are much easier, but it is not my case. I tried again with PH, Patch and Loki and got completely obliterated. So I basically changed to my most resilient team, OML, SS and Thanos and after a couple of tries I won. No clever match, just dumb luck. This is not hard this is dumb!
    BSS doesn't need to be champed, he just needs to have Purple covers - the more the better. I brought my BSS who is 4/4/4 and at level 255 and that worked quite well. Obviously a fifth Purple cover would have helped even more.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why wasnt the best update mentioned? If you want prog you must grind, someone in charge forgot (again) that timers start after 2 clears for wave nodes.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    So, for those players with epic champions and a 500+ Kaecilius, are you missing Black Suit Spider-Man then? Pretty sure that's your primary solution.

That would help if your BSS had 5 purple covers, then you just have to face his regular strength match damage, deny his team damage attack while matching away 6 strike tiles. I'll give it a shot but my BSS only has 3 purple
    Yeah, I'm not a whale, so I have a 1/0/0 BiB Spidey. The strat for those who do might be BiB spidey, cheap protect tiles, and Quicksilver. Actually, Mr Fantastic and Quicksilver, since Mr F protects and board controls with the same power. Match damage mitigated, strikes neutered, just boost blue and black to get things going.

So I tried BSS/Mr F and Quicksilver for my next time facing Big K and failed miserably. Maybe I didn't boost enough but I was wiped out pretty quickly even with mitigated strikes. My board was not favorable and stuck the strikes in a corner. I decided to not mess around afterwards and "cheaped" my way thru with Rulk / Patchverine / 3 Hulk - board shake from anger and used patch's green and lucked my way into multi-matching enemy strike tiles w/o too much damage. Maybe this IS the strategy vs Big K (btw he was still at level 418, same as when I faced him the 1st time)
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I decided to not mess around afterwards and "cheaped" my way thru with Rulk / Patchverine / 3 Hulk

Huh. I haven't tried this, but do "gift" strikes (e.g. Patch, Elektra, 3* Captain Marvel) count as targets for matches to damage Kaecilius?
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JackTenrec wrote:
    I decided to not mess around afterwards and "cheaped" my way thru with Rulk / Patchverine / 3 Hulk

Huh. I haven't tried this, but do "gift" strikes (e.g. Patch, Elektra, 3* Captain Marvel) count as targets for matches to damage Kaecilius?
    Yes they do.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat Kaecilius all three times with Hulk/Rhulk/Thing. I guess thats the benefit of a level 379 Kaecilius.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was super fun needing five tries to overcome Kaecilius on day three because the first THREE attempts ended with the entire team dying by cascade within two turns of match start.

And then having to deal with the Doomsub after that.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've beaten him using Kingpin (champed and boosted - basically a meatshield but his purple might be useful), Patch (for the strikes, naturally), and IM40 (who else?). He was level 404 at the third meeting (didn't check for the others). Won every time on the first try.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat him first time all 3 times using my default team for this event which was 3* Cap, XFW, & Strange. I just matched the tiles with regular matches and that worked out fine. Took a lot of damage, but since I always saved him for last I didn't need the characters to have health left.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As noted above (I think) that fight is silly easy with invisible woman. I might have used BSSM (0/2/1) to mitigate a small amount of strike tile damage before I gathered 7 yellow, which took all of 3 turns.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,061 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    As noted above (I think) that fight is silly easy with invisible woman. I might have used BSSM (0/2/1) to mitigate a small amount of strike tile damage before I gathered 7 yellow, which took all of 3 turns.

Yup and mine only has 1 Yellow cover so can't even give 2 free turns to her teammates. But I boosted Yellow AP by +1 so I only needed 2 matches to get her invis going.

I took Loki and a boosted 4 star meat shield as my other 2 characters and occasionally managed Loki's Purple if the board had a lot of it to match.

Most important thing for me was just retreating on turn 2 if the 1st strike tile isn't immediately matchable or matchable the next turn. The health loss (10%) from retreat is less than turn 3 damage (2 strike tiles + his match damage). Once I figured that out I realized multiple retreats made sense until you got a favorable board.

KGB

P.S. I don't see how 5* rosters had it any worse than anyone else. Kacelius for me was L320. My HIGHEST boosted character (3* Strange) was only 210 and no one else on my team (including boosted) was over 180. His strike tiles at L320 are 200 and his match damage is in the 180 range. So he's doing 700+ when matching his primary colors with just 1 strike tile and my characters only have 4-5K health. Just like your 5*, they are dead in 3-4 turns (or less on a cascade) so there is no time to execute Patch/Bag Silver/Elektra etc type strategies. It's a pure race against turns (rather than time) where matching a strike tile buys you another turn.