Strange Sights Event Updates (2/10/17)

Options

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    So Kaecilius again, let's see this time around how it goes.

My question for Brigby, has Kaecilius level been toned down (at least for the higher rosters), having into account that 5 players need to use 3s and 4s to defeat him? Have Devs tested the boss with high level rosters?

Last time I had to fight a 513 level Kaecilius with PH (as meat shield basically), Patch and Loki. It is not fun having to use 3s against a 510+ level enemy. And in 5 land there is really no one who is good against Kaecilius.
    He's 524.
    Quake tile destruction doesn't work, needs to be matched.

Mine is 522 icon_e_sad.gif (Last time it was 513, so yey!)
    alphabeta wrote:
    Kaecilius update for me

3 championed 5*s between 453 and 450

K level 515

Produces a strike tile per turn - if I don't match a strike tile per turn his strike tiles and match damage mean I have 10 turns till all 3 championed 5*s are dead.

Total and utter failure to fix for high end rosters as far as I'm concerned

Seriously what's the point? I complain you say your listening and you've updated and this is what we get. I'm the moron for renewing my VIP and continuing to play so fine - message received and understood.

Completely agree.

I used the same team than last time, PH, Patch, Loki. I barely survived the fight, my PH was done in 6-7 turns and Patch or Loki would die in just one match from Kaecilius, but I managed to get all black needed for Loki's black, so with that I managed to win some time, get PH back, fire Patch green when I have a couple of purple matches ready and win the fight.

Again, you can't create a puzzle type boss, where you need to play in a particular way and have insane scaling! If there where good board 'movers' in 5 land it would be different, but there are NONE particularly fit to defeat Kaecilius, so you need to use 4s, or 3s where the most board movers are. 3s are the best suited to defeat Kaecilius.

It is very sad to see once more that "we are listening" was complete B U L L S H I T , no one is listening, Devs completely ignore the high tier of play, they test NOTHING there! We already complained about the insane scale of bosses (it is going to be great the next Boss Rush), but absolutely nothing changed! I really don't understand why I keep playing this game, I have never seen any Devs completely disregarding his best players as much as these ones.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He hurts more this time than before. With level 404, 5* match damage, giant strike tiles generated each turn...
    The board manipulators just don't have the Health to stay alive.

You figure, if he's generating a free strike tile each turn on top of his regular match damage, compounding every turn... and heaven forbid he makes even a tiny little cascade... dead.

You have to match 6 strike tiles to kill him (roughly 6K damage each strike tile matched, life of 34K roughly). My board manipulators aren't living past 6 moves...

Did finally beat him, but using Falcap as a meat shield, SW to at least get some board shake, I can't even remember who I used as a third when I beat him (I was tired). Lucky board, he matched a couple of his own strike tiles, not an awful lot of strategy involved. Strategy just got me killed... lol.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, for those players with epic champions and a 500+ Kaecilius, are you missing Black Suit Spider-Man then? Pretty sure that's your primary solution.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since fights with him are severely limited, I have a couple questions.

You can only damage him by matching away enemy strike tiles... when that match happens, do you get the additional damage from friendly strike tiles?

When you match 2 strike tiles of his, do you do double damage?

If in fact you only have to match 6 strike tiles to kill him regardless of level... why bother scaling his health and the damage of matching his strike tiles when it's the only damage done to him? Wouldn't it be easier to just put little 8bit hearts above his head and watch them disappear one by one with each match?
    c8c5038c503857de351a576d7bc00bab.jpg
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    So, for those players with epic champions and a 500+ Kaecilius, are you missing Black Suit Spider-Man then? Pretty sure that's your primary solution.

That would help if your BSS had 5 purple covers, then you just have to face his regular strength match damage, deny his team damage attack while matching away 6 strike tiles. I'll give it a shot but my BSS only has 3 purple
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The match damage is absolutely higher for me this time. First attempt I tried Electra and Quicksilver, which worked well for me last time. Now, they were both dead before any of them fired off a skill. Kaecilius was up to 3K match damage in no time.

I ended up just throwing the Hulks at him for damage sponge ability and general board chaos. But, it felt like a bit more hollow of a victory. It was less of solving a puzzle and more of just using brute force to wait it out until the RNG won the game for me.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    The match damage is absolutely higher for me this time. First attempt I tried Electra and Quicksilver, which worked well for me last time. Now, they were both dead before any of them fired off a skill. Kaecilius was up to 3K match damage in no time.

I ended up just throwing the Hulks at him for damage sponge ability and general board chaos. But, it felt like a bit more hollow of a victory. It was less of solving a puzzle and more of just using brute force to wait it out until the RNG won the game for me.

yes.

first attempt I used IF (to gen black for QS), and QS and Mr. F for targeted tile movement. I took the puzzle approach, and got wiped HARD. silly me for using my brain in a game called PUZZLE QUEST

after that, I went with flaption and KP since they were boosted and could absorb the punishment, and Rulk as my third. Rulk was absolutely key, as Seeing Red would trigger every turn. the board destruction is great since it never blows up strikes, just the tiles around it, which usually results in a direct match, or a match on that turn. so it's what firethorne said, just throw the meat bags out there and let the tiles fall where they may. the exact opposite of puzzle/strategy.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used champion OML with Electra and QS. This team worked well last time and worked well again for round 1. The fact that if multiple strike tiles are matched additional damage is done is key. Also converting big bD strike tiles for smaller strike tiles helps.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    first attempt I used IF (to gen black for QS), and QS and Mr. F for targeted tile movement. I took the puzzle approach, and got wiped HARD. silly me for using my brain in a game called PUZZLE QUEST

This is so sad. They create a puzzle type boss, and they completely destroy him with scaling! And we already told them last time !!!!

Yeah just bring your chars with more hitpoints or regen abilities and just endure until you are lucky and you manage to match enough tiles, don't even try board control or to bring any 3s, there is no point icon_e_sad.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Big K is 522 and I haven't had much problem. OML/Elektra(110)/Quicksilver. OML tanks everything. Go for purple, black, or green. Gather purple where you can and launch Elektra Purple (or take a TU). Launch QS's green whenever you can. It does no damage, but it does lower the cost of his black. As does causing a cascade that results in a blue match. When enough black AP, swap and match those strike tiles.

Bonus points if you can get a black match while doing so.

Extra bonus points if you can line up a 4-match that includes his strike tiles.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I picked the Orb of Agamotto first, and for me Kaecilius was Level 286. My first time going in I forgot that you could only damage him by matching his Strike tiles, so needless to say I got wrecked.

Second time around though, I used any character I could that had Invisibility or high hp (For me, this was Miles Morales, champed 2* Thor, and boosted Ms Marvel), and I just hid him from damage while I matched his Strike tiles. Beat him on the second attempt icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hulk's anger + Patch's green = easy victory
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took down Kaecilius again on the second day with Hulk/RHulk/Thing once again. Nearly killed them this time though.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    K is so overpowered. Lasted like 3 turns with the overpowered stike tiles he adds that are as always placed where they can't ba matched. So much fun...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    K is so overpowered. Lasted like 3 turns with the overpowered stike tiles he adds that are as always placed where they can't ba matched. So much fun...

He is, by far, the best one star in the game...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    I picked the Orb of Agamotto first, and for me Kaecilius was Level 286. My first time going in I forgot that you could only damage him by matching his Strike tiles, so needless to say I got wrecked.

Second time around though, I used any character I could that had Invisibility or high hp (For me, this was Miles Morales, champed 2* Thor, and boosted Ms Marvel), and I just hid him from damage while I matched his Strike tiles. Beat him on the second attempt icon_e_biggrin.gif

I would love to do this but it comes down to luck facing a 522 Big K if I could get a toon invis before he kills the team. I've just had to throw my champed 5*s at him and hope I can match the strike tiles before he kills me.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A boss is supposed to be hard.
    Tile movers/changers, invisibility, cheap enemy-strike abilities.
    Remember games from the 80's where it took multiple tries to win a level? Complaints that it takes two tries... ha!!
    5* Rosters: Have you tried Thanos purple? At least it delay's new strike tiles for a few rounds.

Perhaps we should be asking for a 5* character with incredible board movement abilities.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:

That would help if your BSS had 5 purple covers, then you just have to face his regular strength match damage, deny his team damage attack while matching away 6 strike tiles. I'll give it a shot but my BSS only has 3 purple
    Yeah, I'm not a whale, so I have a 1/0/0 BiB Spidey. The strat for those who do might be BiB spidey, cheap protect tiles, and Quicksilver. Actually, Mr Fantastic and Quicksilver, since Mr F protects and board controls with the same power. Match damage mitigated, strikes neutered, just boost blue and black to get things going.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What wrong is that a node with Sentries is harder than the boss. That is terrible game design. Those sentries get everything as passives. When do we get a character that is playable that has the same powers as the green sentries. THEY ARE BROKEN. No one thinks they are fun or challenging. Nothing like losing a character or 2 on the first turn cause they get super cascades and strike tiles galore all before they get to make their move into more cascades. THEY ARE STUPID AND NOT FUN.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Remember games from the 80's where it took multiple tries to win a level? Complaints that it takes two tries... ha!!

Except this is a mobile game that most people play during their daily commute or while on the throne at work, not an 8 bit platformer with anthropomorphic toads or mega men.