Strange Sights Event Updates (2/10/17)

Options

Comments

• Astroy
    Astroy Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes a reset button to the vault would be good.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my Strang3 is already champed this time
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Argghh my 255 Strange does not like the two yellow covers.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    feraldayor wrote:
    You could spent 20 commandpoints.png and then champ him and get a token_legendary.png
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    feraldayor wrote:

I know the feeling, I had the same exact build and I had 4 covers pending.. I had to spend the 20 CP for his last blue but it was worth it. That blue power is beast at 5 covers.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So Kaecilius again, let's see this time around how it goes.

My question for Brigby, has Kaecilius level been toned down (at least for the higher rosters), having into account that 5 players need to use 3s and 4s to defeat him? Have Devs tested the boss with high level rosters?

Last time I had to fight a 513 level Kaecilius with PH (as meat shield basically), Patch and Loki. It is not fun having to use 3s against a 510+ level enemy. And in 5 land there is really no one who is good against Kaecilius.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:

My question for Brigby, has Kaecilius level been toned down (at least for the higher rosters), having into account that 5 players need to use 3s and 4s to defeat him? Have Devs tested the boss with high level rosters?

Last time I had to fight a 513 level Kaecilius with PH (as meat shield basically), Patch and Loki. It is not fun having to use 3s against a 510+ level enemy. And in 5 land there is really no one who is good against Kaecilius.

Well, he's level 403 for me and pumping out a 590 strike every turn. 317/363/408 match damage. Any mini-cascade/match 4 is basically death for my Rulk/Hulk. Those two + Patch are getting downed before I can even use Patch's green.

So, I'm going with no.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If anyone is one cover short on Strange, seriously, spend that 20cp and get him champed. Honestly, he's worth 20cp easily in the amount of time you save on fights, especially goons.
  • Nick441234
    Options
    I've forgotten how this event runs, are the nodes repeatable in the three day doors?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:

He's 524.
    Quake tile destruction doesn't work, needs to be matched.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If anyone is one cover short on Strange, seriously, spend that 20cp and get him champed. Honestly, he's worth 20cp easily in the amount of time you save on fights, especially goons.

That's what I'll be doing, yes sir.
  • shimmeryphil
    shimmeryphil Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I would champ him in a heartbeat, but he's 055 for me and not an option. Already have a sixth yellow gently expiring, this will make 7 and 8. Bah!
  • Tiderian
    Tiderian Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Edit: I am a doofus, but my wife is smart.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

That's what I'll be doing, yes sir.

Update: I will NOT be doing this as my very first pull from the strange sights vault was a blue dr strange. So the first yellow cover I get from this event will get me to a 3/5/5. Win
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kaecilius update for me

3 championed 5*s between 453 and 450

K level 515

Produces a strike tile per turn - if I don't match a strike tile per turn his strike tiles and match damage mean I have 10 turns till all 3 championed 5*s are dead.

Total and utter failure to fix for high end rosters as far as I'm concerned

Seriously what's the point? I complain you say your listening and you've updated and this is what we get. I'm the moron for renewing my VIP and continuing to play so fine - message received and understood.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tiderian wrote:
    It would have been nice to know that doing the final fight would close out the node. I gave up 90 shield points, a fat pile of crystals, and a command point. Argh!!!

It doesn't - a sub opens, and you can finish it up there.

(I may or may not have done the same thing)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:

He's 524.
    Quake tile destruction doesn't work, needs to be matched.
    However, you could use Quake's tile destruction to destroy a color that doesn't have any strike tiles on it, thus making matches of the remaining tiles more likely.

I slept on this event last time, so I could be in for a nasty surprise, but I'm thinking there are more ways to skin this cat than have been named so far.

/me asks his alliance for Patch and Elektra TUs...
  • Nick441234
    Options
    My Kaecilius is 324 so a fair fight really. I took Hulk/Rhulk/Thing into the fight for their health and won relatively comfortably.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would champ him in a heartbeat, but he's 055 for me and not an option. Already have a sixth yellow gently expiring, this will make 7 and 8. Bah!

I was at the same point as you. That's why last event I purposely played the event on level 4, bc the prize for finishing top 100 was a blue Strange. 40 cp later, i had a championed Strange
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Went after Eye of Agamotto first. Kaecilius was level 418 for me. Took in oml lvl 340 / Phx lvl 340 / champed Mr F against him bc I'm not really sure what to do here. I died first time but managed to pull it off the 2nd time. When the strike tiles show up in the corner, the match is horrible.