R120 Release Notes *Updated (2/13/17)

13»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like it fixed Redwing (if a daily patch hadn't already).
  • SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    R120 update confirmed (personally) to work on:
    iPhone 7
    iPad Air 2
    Amazon Kindle Fire 7
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

The original was Black Bolt, I believe. Until they actually released him.

Come to think of it, that may not have helped.

You have your tradition, I have mine icon_e_smile.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Google Play update is live. Working on my Moto X Pure.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't know.

4 from PVE (t10 + alliance).
    1 from PVE prog.
    1 from PVP prog.
    1/2 from pvp placement.

It's never been easier to cover 4s.

smh.

FOR WHO????? lol
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't know.

1 from PVE prog.
    1 from PVP prog.
    1/2 from pvp placement.

smh.

FOR WHO????? lol

Yeah... that pretty much only applies to the top one percent of players, or those who have been playing for two or more years. Which are players likely to be in the top percentile as well.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Before I update, can somebody already tell me what broke this time? Just so that I know how long to hold off. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't know.

1 from PVE prog.
    1 from PVP prog.
    1/2 from pvp placement.

smh.

FOR WHO????? lol

Yeah... that pretty much only applies to the top one percent of players, or those who have been playing for two or more years. Which are players likely to be in the top percentile as well.

Eh. I think the general sentiment - "it's never been easier to cover 4s." - is true.

That doesn't mean it's a trivial exercise, by any means. But as I've observed elsewhere, in the last six months or so I've gone from seven 4* characters with 7+ covers to 9 champions, one cover-maxed character, and another 17 in the 7-12 range.

For perspective, it took from November '13 to August '16 to GET to those initial half-dozen 4* with 7+ covers. Yeah, there was a break of a couple months in there, but that's still 30 months or so to get a half-dozen characters better than half-covered. 19 characters went from fewer than seven covers to either champion status or in that 7-12 cover range in just six months, and that's not counting Mr. Fantastic, who was at 12 covers when I sold him for 3000 ISO.

Again: I'd draw a distinction between "it's easy" and "it's never been easier," and I will always support/advocate for more ways to earn 4* covers, but my experience of the last six months compared with the 30 prior to that argues pretty convincingly that "it's never been easier to cover 4s" is a true statement, even if it's a bit tone-deaf (sorry, Bowgentle icon_e_biggrin.gif ).
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't know.

1 from PVE prog.
    1 from PVP prog.
    1/2 from pvp placement.

smh.

FOR WHO????? lol

Eh. I think the general sentiment - "it's never been easier to cover 4s." - is true.

That doesn't mean it's a trivial exercise, by any means. But as I've observed elsewhere, in the last six months or so I've gone from seven 4* characters with 7+ covers to 9 champions, one cover-maxed character, and another 17 in the 7-12 range.

For perspective, it took from November '13 to August '16 to GET to those initial half-dozen 4* with 7+ covers. Yeah, there was a break of a couple months in there, but that's still 30 months or so to get a half-dozen characters better than half-covered. 19 characters went from fewer than seven covers to either champion status or in that 7-12 cover range in just six months, and that's not counting Mr. Fantastic, who was at 12 covers when I sold him for 3000 ISO.

Again: I'd draw a distinction between "it's easy" and "it's never been easier," and I will always support/advocate for more ways to earn 4* covers, but my experience of the last six months compared with the 30 prior to that argues pretty convincingly that "it's never been easier to cover 4s" is a true statement, even if it's a bit tone-deaf (sorry, Bowgentle icon_e_biggrin.gif ).

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that. PvE progression rewards and champ rewards have been a big help. PvE placement rewards aren't out of the realm of possibility for higher tier 3* players who play optimally either.

But I feel comfortable saying alliance rewards, PvP placement, and progression rewards are a pipe dream for most. The last two probably only apply to those with a healthy stable of 4* champs and/or HP to burn on shields. I don't know what percentage of the player base that applies to, but I'm comfortable guessing it's a minority, and a fairly top tier one at that.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv wrote:
    Before I update, can somebody already tell me what broke this time? Just so that I know how long to hold off. icon_e_smile.gif

BIG MESS!! True Healing causes characters to lose life instead of gain! Therefore if you utilize characters like Daken, Patch, OML.. they will lose life every turn!!
      If you're using Daken, lower his black to 3 covers. If you do not meet the minimum blue tile requirement, he will actually gain health from the Heat. This can work in your favor if you want to constantly spam blue but still risky. If you're using Patch, low his yellow to 3 covers. There needs to be 10 yellow tiles on the board before he loses health. I recommend you bring an active yellow user and match those yellow away! Finally, if you're using OML, bring two dead party members or he'll lose a ton of life each turn!

This must be a result of Mr. Fantastic losing his true healing because now no one has true healing!! Freaking Chulk loses health from eating hot dogs!! Is he choking on them?!??!?!?!?! This needs to be fixed!
    JUST KIDDING! Update seems to be fine so far.. However I would not be surprised if this glitch occurs one day icon_lol.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't know.

1 from PVE prog.
    1 from PVP prog.
    1/2 from pvp placement.

smh.

FOR WHO????? lol

Actually, it would be less than 1% of players, it is that small a group just to get t10 in the pve let alone also placing so highly in a pvp event.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't know.

1 from PVE prog.
    1 from PVP prog.
    1/2 from pvp placement.

smh.

FOR WHO????? lol

I think I'm averaging 1 4* cover per day getting about top 200 in pve events and sometimes playing PvP. And DDQ. It's not super fast but it's much steadier, and faster, than it's been in the past.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    and here comes Coulson aka "we are out of ideas"

*Please keep posts constructive when expressing criticism. Thank you
    -Brigby

Good call summer. Funny, when people get the guess right away, the mods always cry about spoilers, etc. then don't realize they already pushed an update *cough* ddq...

Eh well, totally not enough marvel characters to choose from, let's choose a random useless character to release for the whale$.

Oh well.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's another release on Monday? Or no?