R120 Release Notes *Updated (2/13/17)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    The Star Lord bug...is that where his yellow passive countdown not only decreases your costs but increases the enemy's cost?
    Cos...I wasn't sure if that as meant to be happening or not. I thought I'd just forgotten how that power worked.
    That is correct. Enemy abilities' AP costs should not be affected by Star-Lord's "Everyone With Me" countdown tile.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    and here comes Coulson aka "we are out of ideas"

Sorry giffy I completely disagree. I've asked for Coleson on every survey. Glad to see him back from Tahiti!
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Brigby wrote:
    "It's a magical place!"
    Everyone knows that the disco is a magical place...
    5* Dazzler confirmed!!
    I can't believe I'm the first to do it this time! Oh happy day! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    and here comes Coulson aka "we are out of ideas"
    Yeah, whole time we are complaining about adding new character cuz all we want is to have new releases of old covers like Iron Mans, Thors, Hulks etc... oh, wait!
    I merely meant that I was tired of MCU characters and would rather see more from the comics
    which is why although I may not like Riri's power set at least she isn't an MCU character
    Captain Marvel is one of my favorite heroes from the comics so good there, same with 5-Star Widow who I actually found some use for outside of easy nodes in PVE
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Coulson is the character I've requested when the asked in the polls.

Admittedly, I am almost exclusively a Marvel TV & movie guy with little knowledge of the comics side of things.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    If StarLord is being patched in R121, why is the Miles DDQ still next? I thought he was delayed because of the StarLord bug in the first place.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Akari wrote:
    If StarLord is being patched in R121, why is the Miles DDQ still next? I thought he was delayed because of the StarLord bug in the first place.
    They probably took the time to first see if they could fix the bug without a full update, which they couldn't. Past that they still have the option to raise/lower the covers and level of your opponent in Crash (and other PvE matches) to adjust for difficulty. They could've reduced his yellow covers to zero, for example.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    They probably took the time to first see if they could fix the bug without a full update, which they couldn't. Past that they still have the option to raise/lower the covers and level of your opponent in Crash (and other PvE matches) to adjust for difficulty. They could've reduced his yellow covers to zero, for example.

Considering they delayed him for this reason, the smart thing would simply be delay him some more instead of making more changes and likely breaking things.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Does "it's a magical place" relate to anyone other than the Son of Coul?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously it's an anagram of "it's a magical place".

A Capella it's magic - a singer, it's Dazzler
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:

was waiting for that?
    not eagerly
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:

was waiting for that?
    not eagerly

My apologies, but it's a tradition going back hundreds of releases that any clue gets twisted until it could mean only Dazzler.

I didn't even go with the meta misdirection where "it's a magical place" obviously means Tahiti, which is an anagram of "it a hit", yet another bigly badly grammared reference to pop music.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I'm happy about new character, I really am. Even if I won't get to use it soon, other players are looking forward to using him, but pretty please could you f*** slow down with new releases?

All of my HP is going towards some random guys, that I get one cover for and no space to roster them. I'm trying to collect covers for someone good like HB or Iceman, but instead in the last 4 LTs I got Spider Woman (woohoo, total of 3 covers now), Gwenpool (1000hp for a slot), 2x Medusa (another 1000hp). Mordo is comming now, and not only I need another slot for him, but also PvE was a complete bloodbath and I regret picking SCL 8.

How come releases of new character are almost never delayed, but we have to regularly wait for next patch to fix some bugs that should never exist in the first place?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    I'm happy about new character, I really am. Even if I won't get to use it soon, other players are looking forward to using him, but pretty please could you f*** slow down with new releases?

All of my HP is going towards some random guys, that I get one cover for and no space to roster them. I'm trying to collect covers for someone good like HB or Iceman, but instead in the last 4 LTs I got Spider Woman (woohoo, total of 3 covers now), Gwenpool (1000hp for a slot), 2x Medusa (another 1000hp). Mordo is comming now, and not only I need another slot for him, but also PvE was a complete bloodbath and I regret picking SCL 8.

How come releases of new character are almost never delayed, but we have to regularly wait for next patch to fix some bugs that should never exist in the first place?
    May I suggest not opening LTs until you have enough HP to spare for a roster slot? They don't expire after all...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    May I suggest not opening LTs until you have enough HP to spare for a roster slot? They don't expire after all...

7ac.jpg
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

7ac.jpg

Yes and no.

Yes, it is sad having to sell 4 covers for iso because you can't roster them, but it also makes the development of a roster much slower if you don't open any LT at all. Once you have some top tier 4s champed, then probably makes more sense to wait, but champing some top tier chars makes a BIG difference in the game, and it is much more important than having to sell some covers.

Getting all the covers for a 4 just with progression rewards in PvE and PvP (1 cover each every 3-4 months?) is very very slow, and getting more covers with position is almost impossible for most players nowadays in SCL7-SCL8.

PS: Of course cover dilution is so high now with 45+ 4s, that you need to be quite lucky to get the covers for the chars you want :S
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    madok wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

7ac.jpg

Yes and no.

Yes, it is sad having to sell 4 covers for iso because you can't roster them, but it also makes the development of a roster much slower if you don't open any LT at all. Once you have some top tier 4s champed, then probably makes more sense to wait, but champing some top tier chars makes a BIG difference in the game, and it is much more important than having to sell some covers.

Getting all the covers for a 4 just with progression rewards in PvE and PvP (1 cover each every 3-4 months?) is very very slow, and getting more covers with position is almost impossible for most players nowadays in SCL7-SCL8.

PS: Of course cover dilution is so high now with 45+ 4s, that you need to be quite lucky to get the covers for the chars you want :S
    I don't know.

4 from PVE (t10 + alliance).
    1 from PVE prog.
    1 from PVP prog.
    1/2 from pvp placement.

It's never been easier to cover 4s.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    "It's a magical place!"

Marvel being owned by Disney has finally taken its toll.

I bet 4* Mickey Mouse will kick some tail though. Have you seen him in Kingdom Hearts?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

was waiting for that?
    not eagerly

My apologies, but it's a tradition going back hundreds of releases that any clue gets twisted until it could mean only Dazzler.

I didn't even go with the meta misdirection where "it's a magical place" obviously means Tahiti, which is an anagram of "it a hit", yet another bigly badly grammared reference to pop music.

The original was Black Bolt, I believe. Until they actually released him.

Come to think of it, that may not have helped.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    R120 is live on iOS.