will there be an announcement regarding 5* swap policy?

13»

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone. I just wanted to provide some clarity regarding the 5-Star swap policy only applying to Latest Legends.

The reason Customer Support no longer offers Classic cover swaps is due to the sheer number of requests they received in the past. There was such an influx of this request that these tickets started burying and overshadowing more severe issues players were reporting; crashes, lost accounts, and unauthorized purchases, for example.

We still wanted to offer this service, but we didn't want to do so at the expense of ignoring these more serious tickets. That's why we had to restrict it to only Latest Legends in order to allow for everyone's ticket to receive adequate amount of time and attention.

Now that is interesting to hear. If we take you at your word here, then might we inquire what's stopping the dev team from creating some means to select a color whenever we pull a 5* cover? It's easy enough to envision a menu similar in look to Fastball Special, except covers instead of teammates. Boom, no more problems....kinda. icon_e_wink.gif

Indeed. If they know it is a problem for one kind of token, they know it is a problem for both. So fix it already. Picking it would work. Allowing skill respec whenever you get a character to 5 in any skill would work. Honestly, there are dozens of perfectly workable solutions that have been posted over the past year that would be just fine. And people keep posting them because we're sick of it, and keep hurling out ideas in desperation.

This is why the devs have to go around posting "we're listening" threads. Because, frankly, it really feels like they don't. Now, I want to get this across respectfully, but I don't think the devs need to be handled with kid gloves either, and I think it is important for Brigby and the dev team to understand it. This is where a fair bit of player/dev animosity comes from. It doesn't really matter if they listen or not if problems (that they even acknowledge are problems, because CS is fixing some of them) we say need to be fixed get ignored for over a year.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone. I just wanted to provide some clarity regarding the 5-Star swap policy only applying to Latest Legends.

The reason Customer Support no longer offers Classic cover swaps is due to the sheer number of requests they received in the past. There was such an influx of this request that these tickets started burying and overshadowing more severe issues players were reporting; crashes, lost accounts, and unauthorized purchases, for example.

We still wanted to offer this service, but we didn't want to do so at the expense of ignoring these more serious tickets. That's why we had to restrict it to only Latest Legends in order to allow for everyone's ticket to receive adequate amount of time and attention.

I do not think they ever swapped Classic covers. Being one unlucky enough to repeatedly pull OML black, they have NEVER offered to swap it for me, even while it was in both classic and latest at the time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    HxiiiK wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I do not think they ever swapped Classic covers. Being one unlucky enough to repeatedly pull OML black, they have NEVER offered to swap it for me, even while it was in both classic and latest at the time.
    Did you put in a ticket asking for a cover swap and got denied?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    HxiiiK wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I know I got denied by CS after I pulled 2 PHX Reds on my (at the time) 2/1/5 PHX. I even PM:ed HiFi about it afterwards. Being the advocate and all around great person that he was, he convinced CS to give me 25CP. I redeemed it and pulled garbage from it, but still, an effort was made by HiFi and I cannot fault him for bad luck. For the record, this exchange happened on June 30th, 2016 to give it a time stamp on when things were allowed versus disallowed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    HxiiiK wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I know I got denied by CS after I pulled 2 PHX Reds on my (at the time) 2/1/5 PHX. I even PM:ed HiFi about it afterwards. Being the advocate and all around great person that he was, he convinced CS to give me 25CP. I redeemed it and pulled garbage from it, but still, an effort was made by HiFi and I cannot fault him for bad luck. For the record, this exchange happened on June 30th, 2016 to give it a time stamp on when things were allowed versus disallowed.
    Cool. Guess I never had a chance to change all the extra Phoenix covers I got way back Before then then.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to beat a dead horse any more than it deserves*, but I still think I came up with a simple and elegant solution for this problem thirteen months ago.

It removes the element of massive disappointment when you get a rare cover in the wrong color without adding a lot of UI overhead or entirely new categories of tokens/covers, and could easily be applied at multiple tier levels, since this is a problem that frustrates players pretty much as soon as they try to get into the 3* tier and only gets worse with 4* and 5*.

* For real, that horse earned this.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    dayv, 13 months is hardly enough time to implement a solution... i mean, how long did we play pve with a good chance of getting 20 iso as reward?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Not to beat a dead horse any more than it deserves*, but I still think I came up with a simple and elegant solution for this problem thirteen months ago.

It removes the element of massive disappointment when you get a rare cover in the wrong color without adding a lot of UI overhead or entirely new categories of tokens/covers, and could easily be applied at multiple tier levels, since this is a problem that frustrates players pretty much as soon as they try to get into the 3* tier and only gets worse with 4* and 5*.

Yep. That would be fantastic. As would dozens of other workable solutions I've seen. The real problem here isn't that there is no way to fix the issue. The real problem is that, despite countless good examples like yours and our pleading for over a year, they've done nothing about it.

"Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in." -Andrew Jackson

"There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction." John F. Kennedy

"Action expresses priorities." -Mahatma Gandhi
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    DayvBang wrote:

It was a good solution. There have been some others proposed as well that would leverage pre-existing mechanisms (shifting powers from level 5) so should require minimal new code to test and implement.

But instead of your idea, or any of the other ideas, or coming up with a new idea on their own, they've done nothing.

That, and the eight (!) unusable 4* covers clogging up my queue right now, have persuaded me to stop opening anything at all until this is fixed. My roster is now to the point that opening LTs carries a higher chance of giving me something I have to dump for a mere 1000 iso8.png than something I'd be able to use. That is a scenario that should never exist.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    Now that is interesting to hear. If we take you at your word here, then might we inquire what's stopping the dev team from creating some means to select a color whenever we pull a 5* cover? It's easy enough to envision a menu similar in look to Fastball Special, except covers instead of teammates. Boom, no more problems....kinda. icon_e_wink.gif

Now that would be great until airborne characters start returning with random 5* covers... wait no problem here. Move along!

I was not expecting this response. icon_lol.gif You sir, have earned an upvote!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

There's a reason Classic swaps generate more work. Because there was never a swap policy. It was a giant battle to even get your one-time exception.

I have an ally with a 0/5/0 OML dupe because there was never a Classic swap..

Whereas for Latest now it's ask, confirm, sell, confirm, swapped cover. Almost automated.

If they just did the same, they wouldn't have so many vitriolic tickets and bad CS reviews and general feel bad for the community. And you would get more sales. There are many new megawhales that would Whale Classics if you had that service for all. Or do you think they don't want an OML?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Daiches wrote:
    There are many new megawhales that would Whale Classics if you had that service for all. Or do you think they don't want an OML?

I doubt the problem applies to mega whales. Either they just buy enough to get 13 covers plus champ levels or they get unofficial service.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    I get to look forward to two dead 5* covers from the daily supply
    Blue bssm and yellow oml.
    That's very depressing.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    update: just got a positive response for a swap request. phew.