will there be an announcement regarding 5* swap policy?

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    And meanwhile, my appeal request for my sixth Green Goblin on my 5/1/0 was denied a second time, in a completely dismissive manner. icon_mad.gif Guess I haven't spent enough money on the game for them to give a $^#^$# if I leave it.

Brigby, I sincerely request that you revisit this policy with the rest of management and the development team. By not providing the same service equally among both the classics and latest tokens, you are severely undermining the value of your own rewards, and ultimately damaging players enjoyment of the game.

This is causing vets to completely abandon the Classic token, and save for months, all to focus on getting all three Latest characters completed in one extremely small window, the one imposed by you and this policy. You realize that is broken, right? You realize that people actively steering others away from redeeming a "reward" is a sign something is in dire need of an immediate fix, don't you? And for players who have started a classic character, they now feel that their efforts have been wasted, as it becomes statistically more difficult to actually complete that character with every new release. They are punished and demoralized by this.

At this time the policy for CS is only to swap out Latest. I have no idea if it's "any cover in Latest" or "any cover for the same character in Latest."
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you've actually had CS change a cover for you, you might read their mail closely. It actually says in there that it may end at any time with no prior warning. So there you go.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    guess i'll start that "swaps still available" thread about a week before i intend to pull then. hopefully, the new 5* rate feature will be announced before that.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Lopan15 wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Lopan15 wrote:
    Still waiting on my cs response to trading in my 6th black BW cover I pulled from latest. It's been 2 days with no response. Ill update here when I get a yes or no.

First world problems thread if every I saw one icon_lol.gif

Funny thing is I'm not in 5* land and don't want to be. OML is at 5-5-1 so usable but my 0-5-5 Silver Surfer mocks me. Currently BW is at 3-5-5 and this is the first dupe on her.

I did get a response from CS and they are doing the swap for me.

Funny that, I sent a ticket asking to swap my 6th purple bw and it's been 2 days with no response... and now I have to wait 2 more days for the weekend, sigh.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari wrote:
    Lopan15 wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Lopan15 wrote:
    Still waiting on my cs response to trading in my 6th black BW cover I pulled from latest. It's been 2 days with no response. Ill update here when I get a yes or no.

First world problems thread if every I saw one icon_lol.gif

Funny thing is I'm not in 5* land and don't want to be. OML is at 5-5-1 so usable but my 0-5-5 Silver Surfer mocks me. Currently BW is at 3-5-5 and this is the first dupe on her.

Funny that, I sent a ticket asking to swap my 6th purple bw and it's been 2 days with no response... and now I have to wait 2 more days for the weekend, sigh.
    Don't they say they need between 24 and 72 business hours to process each request? A routine thing like this should be fixed as soon as you get to the front of the queue.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    Lopan15 wrote:

Don't they say they need between 24 and 72 business hours to process each request? A routine thing like this should be fixed as soon as you get to the front of the queue.

What they do is verify that the cover is in your inventory - you then have to sell it and they'll send you the new cover. So it takes a few days to get the answer, then a few more days to get the new cover.

Lopan15, are you trading it for a different BW cover, or are they letting you get something else?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    And meanwhile, my appeal request for my sixth Green Goblin on my 5/1/0 was denied a second time, in a completely dismissive manner. icon_mad.gif Guess I haven't spent enough money on the game for them to give a $^#^$# if I leave it.

Brigby, I sincerely request that you revisit this policy with the rest of management and the development team. By not providing the same service equally among both the classics and latest tokens, you are severely undermining the value of your own rewards, and ultimately damaging players enjoyment of the game.

This is causing vets to completely abandon the Classic token, and save for months, all to focus on getting all three Latest characters completed in one extremely small window, the one imposed by you and this policy. You realize that is broken, right? You realize that people actively steering others away from redeeming a "reward" is a sign something is in dire need of an immediate fix, don't you? And for players who have started a classic character, they now feel that their efforts have been wasted, as it becomes statistically more difficult to actually complete that character with every new release. They are punished and demoralized by this.

At this time the policy for CS is only to swap out Latest. I have no idea if it's "any cover in Latest" or "any cover for the same character in Latest."

And that is the point I'm trying to argue. They realize unusable dupes are a problem. This is why the policy exists. If they realize duplicates are a problem when the draw rates are 5% for a character, and they're willing to fix it in that circumstance, how is it not an even larger problem for players when draw rates are 1.7%? The lower draw rate of classics means that characters will be drawn less, and therefore a duplicate is even more punishing to the players.  It makes absolutely no sense to fix it where it is less of a problem, and refuse to fix it where the problem has a more severe detrimental impact.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

And that is the point I'm trying to argue. They realize unusable dupes are a problem. This is why the policy exists. If they realize duplicates are a problem when the draw rates are 5% for a character, and they're willing to fix it in that circumstance, how is it not an even larger problem for players when draw rates are 1.7%? The lower draw rate of classics means that characters will be drawn less, and therefore a duplicate is even more punishing to the players.  It makes absolutely no sense to fix it where it is less of a problem, and refuse to fix it where the problem has a more severe detrimental impact.
    I believe the issue is work load related. If CS exchanged Classic covers too their work load would increase, possibly to the point where they wouldn't have time to deal with other issues. That's an explanation I have heard at least.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    If they realize duplicates are a problem when the draw rates are 5% for a character, and they're willing to fix it in that circumstance, how is it not an even larger problem for players when draw rates are 1.7%?

Whales don't buy classics tho, or when they do, it's to add champ levels, so no problem there.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Only swapping for Latest makes them that much more attractive to whales. They want to be accommodating to people willing to whale new 5's. They're happy to watch everyone else run in place.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Never mind 5* swapping , wish you could swap 4*s the amount of times I've had a blue or yellow Thor is getting ridiculous
  • firethorne
    Ludaa wrote:
    Only swapping for Latest makes them that much more attractive to whales. They want to be accommodating to people willing to whale new 5's. They're happy to watch everyone else run in place.

But, that is now backfiring. It is simply driving everyone, whale or not, to completely abandon classics. It is self defeating as a way to lessen the load for cs if it simply drives people the tokens where cs will actually help. And, people are still trying to open tickets for classics anyway. So, they still have that load to deal with. The result is just more disappointed players.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    Lopan15 wrote:

What they do is verify that the cover is in your inventory - you then have to sell it and they'll send you the new cover. So it takes a few days to get the answer, then a few more days to get the new cover.

Lopan15, are you trading it for a different BW cover, or are they letting you get something else?

Sorry if there was confusion. They are swapping for a different color BW. I had to delete the black BW cover and I am waiting for CS to add my BW pink cover.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    turbomoose wrote:
    Never mind 5* swapping , wish you could swap 4*s the amount of times I've had a blue or yellow Thor is getting ridiculous
    Where can you get a fixed 4* cover:
    - PVE placement (CL6+) - up to 6/week
    - PVE progression (CL7+) - up to 2/week
    - PVP placement (CL6+) - up to 6/week
    - PVP progression (CL7+) - up to 3/week
    - daily resupply - about 1/month (after day ~600)

Where can you get a fixed 5* cover:
    - daily resupply - 1 every 3 months (after day 730)
    ...okay, also first Civil War run (final round alliance reward) - but that was only once

Any further questions?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey Everyone. I just wanted to provide some clarity regarding the 5-Star swap policy only applying to Latest Legends.

The reason Customer Support no longer offers Classic cover swaps is due to the sheer number of requests they received in the past. There was such an influx of this request that these tickets started burying and overshadowing more severe issues players were reporting; crashes, lost accounts, and unauthorized purchases, for example.

We still wanted to offer this service, but we didn't want to do so at the expense of ignoring these more serious tickets. That's why we had to restrict it to only Latest Legends in order to allow for everyone's ticket to receive adequate amount of time and attention.
  • firethorne
    Which is precisely why I never want to open a classic token again.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone. I just wanted to provide some clarity regarding the 5-Star swap policy only applying to Latest Legends.

The reason Customer Support no longer offers Classic cover swaps is due to the sheer number of requests they received in the past. There was such an influx of this request that these tickets started burying and overshadowing more severe issues players were reporting; crashes, lost accounts, and unauthorized purchases, for example.

We still wanted to offer this service, but we didn't want to do so at the expense of ignoring these more serious tickets. That's why we had to restrict it to only Latest Legends in order to allow for everyone's ticket to receive adequate amount of time and attention.

When have they ever offered to swap Classics? There are one-time exemptions they'll swap anything for, but I think you're mistaken. Swaps for Latest is meant to favor spenders and hoarders, intentional or otherwise.
  • peterjb37
    peterjb37 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    As someone who has never had to do a 5* swap, why do people do this? Sorry, seems a little childish and yes, I understand people spend a lot of money on this. I have spent a lot too but I don't whine when I get a 6th cover for a 4* I have.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

Now that is interesting to hear. If we take you at your word here, then might we inquire what's stopping the dev team from creating some means to select a color whenever we pull a 5* cover? It's easy enough to envision a menu similar in look to Fastball Special, except covers instead of teammates. Boom, no more problems....kinda. icon_e_wink.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    Now that is interesting to hear. If we take you at your word here, then might we inquire what's stopping the dev team from creating some means to select a color whenever we pull a 5* cover? It's easy enough to envision a menu similar in look to Fastball Special, except covers instead of teammates. Boom, no more problems....kinda. icon_e_wink.gif

Now that would be great until airborne characters start returning with random 5* covers... wait no problem here. Move along!