will there be an announcement regarding 5* swap policy?

y4747
y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
i understand that recently the latest-legends swap emails from cs have come with a warning that they could end at any moment. i'm wondering if there will be an official announcement when that happens? i've been hoarding cp/lt in an attempt to cover 3 5* from that pool, assuming swaps are still available... would hate to find out the policy has been stopped the day i do the pull and end up with 3 characters at 5/2/5 and 12 useless covers to sell.

so, will there be a warning before this policy changes? i'm sure quite a few people are in my situation and would like to know...

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Highly unlikely. The policy wasn't even known until it got passed around from a CS reply email, so I assume the same thing will happen when the policy changes.
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    They are currently working on something that is supposed to hasten the 5* acquisition rate. I think once that is implemented, they'll stop with the cover swaps.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to start hoarding tokens and cp until I hear further. I've only been doing it for a few hours, but it's already very tough for me! I have very little impulse control... 42 cp are staring at me in the face!!! icon_eek.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I'm going to start hoarding tokens and cp until I hear further. I've only been doing it for a few hours, but it's already very tough for me! I have very little impulse control... 42 cp are staring at me in the face!!! icon_eek.gif
    It gets easier the more you get. I'm up to 700 CP and 18 tokens... It helps to stockpile Taco tokens too, that way the amount of Legendary tokens is less obvious.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It gets easier the more you get. I'm up to 700 CP and 18 tokens... It helps to stockpile Taco tokens too, that way the amount of Legendary tokens is less obvious.

It does? I'm up to 28 tokens and 910 CP and it's harder and harder each day not to tear into them.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Orion wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

It does? I'm up to 28 tokens and 910 CP and it's harder and harder each day not to tear into them.

Considering the results I got from burning ~280 commandpoints.png on the Black Panther thing, you should continue to resist your urges. If your luck is anything like mine (0 BP, 3 covers I can't use) you will regret having bothered at all. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I am champing my remaining 3*'s, so no iso to level any 4*'s, so up to 15 lt's and 382 cp. It was hard at first, but now it's kinda fun. Only 3 more fully covered 3*'s to go, so maybe 3 weeks and I'll get to open some.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Still waiting on my cs response to trading in my 6th black BW cover I pulled from latest. It's been 2 days with no response. Ill update here when I get a yes or no.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

I find it easier the more I get too. After a while the number stops registering and my brain just reads it as "a lot," particularly once the token counter in the lower left just reads "99+."
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am champing my remaining 3*'s, so no iso to level any 4*'s, so up to 15 lt's and 382 cp. It was hard at first, but now it's kinda fun. Only 3 more fully covered 3*'s to go, so maybe 3 weeks and I'll get to open some.

I had done something very similar. While I was working on champing my 3*s (just have Hood, Thanos and Ragnarok left), I was also starting to get to the point where I was earning enough HP to keep more and more 4*s that I would win through progression/placement/champ rewards on my roster. But it was just enough to keep pace and I didn't want to open any tokens and then be faced with too many characters in my queue and not enough HP to roster them all.

I got up to 46 LTs and am currently sitting on 1277 CP, with LTs from the three aformentioned 3*s plus Spider-Man and Punisher still coming. Within the past week or two I finally got to the point where I had enough HP in reserve that I started opening the LTs. Basically, I would get to 2000 HP and pulled until I opened a 4* I currently didn't have rostered. That way I could roster the new character and still have 1000 HP in reserve for new characters/emergencies.

After pulling, I'm down to only three 4*s not on my roster (Iceman, Star-Lord and Miles Morales). I suppose in hindsight, it probably would have been better to wait until 4* Captain Marvel was in the pool, but I still have that 1277 CP, so I might put off spending that for another week or so.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    DuckyV wrote:
    Highly unlikely. The policy wasn't even known until it got passed around from a CS reply email, so I assume the same thing will happen when the policy changes.

good to know... would an updating thread with people who have successfully swapped be a good idea? so at least we can know asap when they stop doing it...

i'm about 2 months away from my target pulls, currently at ~70% of the way. hope they keep it that long... or implement (or at least announce) the planned change to 5* acquisition.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

My personal experience was it was hard the first few hundred, then it got a lot easier. Once I passed 1200-1300 somewhere it started getting harder again. I'm at around 1550 and probably going to blow my load this weekend.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    broll wrote:
    I'm at around 1550 and probably going to blow my load this weekend.

If I would have ever figured out how to add photos here, you'd be getting the Archer "Phrasing" meme
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boommike wrote:
    broll wrote:
    I'm at around 1550 and probably going to blow my load this weekend.

If I would have ever figured out how to add photos here, you'd be getting the Archer "Phrasing" meme

phrasing.jpg
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* transition is very obviously broken. I've started building my stockpile, but playing for months without any reward or forward momentum can get dreadfully dull. Honestly, I think it is what is going to finally break me. And it is demoralizing having drawn characters that have moved to classics, and CS being totally unwilling to help and unsympathetic. To see these characters in my roster and knowing completing them will only become more and more difficult, to the point of near impossibility, is depressing. We have long time vets now actively campaigning that people stay away from classics. How can the devs not take that as a sign that this is in dire need of immediate fix?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I hoard my taco tokens! Around 150 of savory, 250 of sweet. At some point, I'll dig into it for a 4* I really want. For some reason that's not as hard, because the prizes are good but not game changing (ie OML yellow lol).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Lopan15 wrote:
    Still waiting on my cs response to trading in my 6th black BW cover I pulled from latest. It's been 2 days with no response. Ill update here when I get a yes or no.

First world problems thread if ever I saw one icon_lol.gif
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Lopan15 wrote:

First world problems thread if every I saw one icon_lol.gif

Funny thing is I'm not in 5* land and don't want to be. OML is at 5-5-1 so usable but my 0-5-5 Silver Surfer mocks me. Currently BW is at 3-5-5 and this is the first dupe on her.

I did get a response from CS and they are doing the swap for me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lopan15 wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Lopan15 wrote:

First world problems thread if every I saw one icon_lol.gif

Funny thing is I'm not in 5* land and don't want to be. OML is at 5-5-1 so usable but my 0-5-5 Silver Surfer mocks me. Currently BW is at 3-5-5 and this is the first dupe on her.

I did get a response from CS and they are doing the swap for me.
    Wait, what?
    They're only swapping covers for the same character.
    Are you saying you're trading your black BW cover for another character?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    And meanwhile, my appeal request for my sixth Green Goblin on my 5/1/0 was denied a second time, in a completely dismissive manner. icon_mad.gif Guess I haven't spent enough money on the game for them to give a $^#^$# if I leave it.

Brigby, I sincerely request that you revisit this policy with the rest of management and the development team. By not providing the same service equally among both the classics and latest tokens, you are severely undermining the value of your own rewards, and ultimately damaging players enjoyment of the game.

This is causing vets to completely abandon the Classic token, and save for months, all to focus on getting all three Latest characters completed in one extremely small window, the one imposed by you and this policy. You realize that is broken, right? You realize that people actively steering others away from redeeming a "reward" is a sign something is in dire need of an immediate fix, don't you? And for players who have started a classic character, they now feel that their efforts have been wasted, as it becomes statistically more difficult to actually complete that character with every new release. They are punished and demoralized by this.