Phil Coulson

Peej13
Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Why are some people getting a 4* phil coulson cover?

This character was not intended to be introduced into the game at this time, therefore any in-game assets (art, abilities, etc) are not finalized yet. I have gone through and removed any posts that contained or requested this kind of non-finalized information. We apologize for the confusion, and ask that until there is official announcement of this character, to not spread this kind of content. Thank you!
-Brigby

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    61843731.jpg
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why are you trying to tear this community apart?
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Took a quick look and found two people with him. I say good for them, doesn't particularly bother me. I'm more curious if a double release is upon us. Seems strange for them to gift a character that was thought to be coming at least after Panther.
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I agree not cool that some people were given a 4 star cover for free.
    My alliance chat tried to figure why thought it was for ios users but an impacted ios user didnt receive it..
    Either way some transparency would be nice so that those of us who were not given valuable free stuff (roster slot and a free 4 star cover) can understand why not.
    Sure there's a reasonable explanation but would like to know what it is!
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    maybe its the folks who participated in the most recent survey? Even those who received it dont seem to know why
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    From what I have been able to gather, it was a mixup by Customer Service. Not sure exactly why it happened or even how tbh. The character isn't even complete as it has placeholders for the cover art and the character art.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I'm starting to get impressed with how D3 seem to be spoiling the game in the game. Mordo listed on the villains PvP list, Black Panther on the loading screen, and now free Coulson. What's next? Just giving us a champed character?
  • Maybe it's a bug? I'm sure those covers and rosters will get removed.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Like Ducky, I think this is only a placeholder (that we shouldn't have seen) and the art isn't definitive at all.

I'm really interested and excited to see him officially released. I hope he will actually be released! Let's wait a confirmation from Brigby
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I knew he would get released eventually. It was funny to see his current form in someone's roster.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find it more interesting that CS has the power to give whatever cover they want, including unreleased, unfinished characters. Can I expect the upcoming 5* Punisher (War Zone) to appear on my next login? icon_e_wink.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:
    Took a quick look and found two people with him. I say good for them, doesn't particularly bother me. I'm more curious if a double release is upon us. Seems strange for them to gift a character that was thought to be coming at least after Panther.

Well, there is precedent for Civil War being the double release with two sides and all. It did give us Iron Man and Cap.
  • Looks like someone at CS is at fault, and maybe gave out a cover they shouldn't have.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back when icon_devildino.png was released I know someone that accidentally got a cover for the old star.png NPC icon_devildino.png instead of the new star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png PC icon_devildino.png.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to hear he's coming. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    Disappointed to see D3 continue to get sloppier and sloppier... icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phil Coulson? Really?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Removed

This could be fun with [REDACTED POWER SYNERGY].
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Dormammu wrote:
    Phil Coulson? Really?

YARLY!

Now....Where is may?
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    firethorne wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Removed