R119 Release Notes (1/30/17)

1235»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    roberts_2 wrote:
    Another T'Challa?, meh, i keep my legendary tokens for someone new.

There's only one in the game, his comic book is doing well (or at least is being promoted heavily by Marvel,) and he's getting a movie in the near future. He seems like a pretty obvious choice - the real question (to me) is 4* or 5*?
  • cmgc
    cmgc Posts: 12
    Polares wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Yeah, I realize we're going to get 5* MCU heroes at some point or another (and I'm honestly not complaining, the trick arrows and/or speed shot of a 5* Hawkeye could be AWESOME). Personally, if we get another Thor, I'd want a 4* Unworthy Thor. Odinson, Jarnbjorn, with the Destroyer arm, then have fun because he can't be used alongside 2*/3* Thor, but he COULD be used alongside 4* Thor. But All-Father Thor just kinda makes sense if you want a Thor that is bigger and badder than other Thors in the game, you know?

I'd be extremely into unworthy Thor as well. If we're going by canon, and going with the younger version pre-Mjölnir versus the current one-armed version post-Mjölnir, he actually technically can be used alongside all other Thors: Modern / Marvel NOW, All-Father, and Goddess of Thunder.

3thors.jpg

I now specifically crave this.
    JHawkInc wrote:
    I think it's because it's an evolving plan, and because of how the game itself is set up. Our first MCU-specific heroes were Cap/IM, and we didn't get them until the Civil War event. By that point, 1*s and 2*s were already established. And because the game uses variants for multiple star levels, it doesn't really lend itself well to, say, having a system with multiple costumes (which could be cosmetic, or could tweak stats a little, so even with the same covers/levels two characters could play a little different). Basically, while it makes sense, I don't think they came up with the "Have MCU versions" plan until it was just too late to do it for the 1*s and 2*s. (also, worth noting that 3* Strange is the movie version of his two versions)

Oh, absolutely. But I don't see why they couldn't just re-skin the 2* Thor, Cap, Widow, and Hawkeye as the MCU versions (changing nothing but the art and names), and debut an extra 2* Iron Man and 2* Hulk. Since they semi-retired Bag Man, having two more 2* characters won't break the game.

I would also love to get the new unworthy Thor, and I predict than around when the movie launches Odinson might be Thor again in the comics (or another Thor with the new hammer), with new comicbook, etc.

I also though that 5s would also be movie versions of the heroes but then Banner came, and this is obviously not Mark Ruffalo's Banner/Hulk, so maybe there is still hope. In the end MCU Thor is more or less 3 Thor, they are very similar. So I still hope in October/November we get an Unworthy Thor with the ultimates hammer or the Old-King Thor. OKT is really the most bad **** Thor it has ever existed! And I would love to play with him.

Just posted some THORS ideas in the character spec and concepts section! Love that Aaron and Ribic run.
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=58358
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that the cat is out of the box it would be cool if we could get the stats for BP...
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Thank you D3! The new upgrade for ISO is fantastic. I can actually now know how much I need for each character. This is very, very helpful and useful. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added 5-Star Black Panther Marvel article
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Black Panther's passives alone make him a contender. Excited to play with him in 2019!
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Havent seen "puzzle quest has stopped" in several updates. Happened to me 2 times so far.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    119.1? I'm getting prompted to update again & already have 119. I'm scared to do it.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    119.1? I'm getting prompted to update again & already have 119. I'm scared to do it.
    I just had that too, did it on my iPad and it seems to be working.
  • mega ghost
    I don't know if this was caused by the R119.1 or if it existed since R119 or earlier, but Star-Lord now has a bug in his 'Everyone With Me' ability. In addition to reducing the cost of certain friendly powers by 2 (based on color, cover level, etc.), he also now ADDS a cost of 2 to enemy powers (possibly also based on color?) I was playing against him in a Civil War event node and had Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) on my team. I had her green ability, 'Full of Surprises' full and ready to fire. When Star-Lord's 'Everyone With Me' countdown appeared on the board, the 'Full of Surprises' AP bar was suddenly no longer full. I thought I must have imagined it until I saw the same thing happen a couple of turns later. I checked out the power and sure enough, the cost had increased to 14.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost wrote:
    I don't know if this was caused by the R119.1 or if it existed since R119 or earlier, but Star-Lord now has a bug in his 'Everyone With Me' ability. In addition to reducing the cost of certain friendly powers by 2 (based on color, cover level, etc.), he also now ADDS a cost of 2 to enemy powers (possibly also based on color?) I was playing against him in a Civil War event node and had Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) on my team. I had her green ability, 'Full of Surprises' full and ready to fire. When Star-Lord's 'Everyone With Me' countdown appeared on the board, the 'Full of Surprises' AP bar was suddenly no longer full. I thought I must have imagined it until I saw the same thing happen a couple of turns later. I checked out the power and sure enough, the cost had increased to 14.

I decided to test this outside of the Civil War event just to see if maybe it was an unannounced buff to an enemy ability. I used Star-Lord in the DDQ 'The Big Enchilada' node. The first wave featured two Brawlers and Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) ... Brawlers have a green and blue ability that cost 6 AP each. Cyclops is Red, Yellow Black, costing 10 AP, 7 AP, and 13 AP in that order. Once my 'Everyone With Me' countdown dropped, I checked their ability screens again. Sure enough, the Brawlers' abilities now cost 8 AP and Cyclops' abilities jumped to 12 AP, 9 AP, and 13 AP. 'Full Blast,' the black ability, remained unchanged because Star-Lord doesn't affect black ability costs.

D3, if you'd like to compensate me for my time doing your QA, I will happily take a legendary token. Thanks!

Adding this to the Bugs forum as well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why no mention that off season event tokens being replaced by heroics? Was people waiting to buy reduced cost off season 40 packs THAT big an issue?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    R120 coming out next week? Exciting new feature? icon_e_biggrin.gif Bug fixes? icon_cool.gif
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    When does this patch actually get released? I'm always confused about the announcement and when it actually rolls out to users. Love the pre-info though so don't change that.