R119 Release Notes (1/30/17)

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    You guys are obviously insane. "Hail to the King" is a reference to only one man:

ba8a946df1dca0a078d428c042c23804.jpg

2mh6kit.jpg
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah+but+you+didn+t+inb4+evil+dead+ash+hail+to+_d6560d75a43a91fd3548e04a31bb0848.jpg

Bruce Campbell confirmed.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Panther 5* and you first heard it here (not really).
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    First, this is obviously a 5, we already got two 4 releases and we are close to the 45 days that separate in average 5s releases, so this is a 5.This is a given.

Then this can be Namor, Doom or Black Panther. And between those, with the movie coming, two of those being owned by Fox, and the new comic book (well not that new now icon_razz.gif), I think this is obviously 5 Black Panther!

Edit: OMG I forgot King Thor! I still think it is 5 BP, but 5 King Thor would be absolutely great and my first choice!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Duke Nukem would be sooo great icon_e_wink.gif
    Maybe it's Nuke (it would be really strange to give Nuke before Jessica Jones)?

But to be serious: it' probably Mandarin...
    Or maybe.... 5* King Thor?!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd be nice to get Namor. God Emperor Doom or All-Father King Thor would also be nice, if we're going to get a variant. No way we get a curveball like Shadow King or Hannibal King or King Cobra giving us something unexpected or new.

Because we all know we're going to get a new Black Panther, King of Wakanda.

And it'll be T'Challa, too. Maybe with his suit from the movie. Not a cool variant, like his father T'Chaka, or his sister Shuri (though technically she's not a King, even if she is Black Panther), or even some crazy variant like post-Shadowland T'Challa (where he becomes Daredevil for a while).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it Professional Wrestler King Tonga???
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    4* Trevor Slattery
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    A new Black Panther or God King Doom would both be awesome. A Ta-Nehisi Coates modern Black Panther modeled after the look from the movie would be perfect.
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Hail Hydra => Red Skull
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    an Anagram for "Hail to the King" is

"Halogen Hit Kit"

so getting hit by lights.. could be either Spectrum (Monica Rambeau), or getting hit by lightning (King Thor).

OR....

someone who has the ability to "transduce sonic vibrations which leave her body into various types of light"... which would be...

DAZZLER! 5 Star Dazzler Confirmed!!!!
    or it could be BP which is ok with me
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Connecting the dots...

There is a boss battle behavior change.
    That implies an impending boss battle event.
    There is a movie-specific boss battle that has been used to introduce three separate MCU 5* variants.
    A character in that movie is a king and does not have a MCU variant in the game yet.

So... 5* BP with a re-re-run of Civil War?
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    A new Black Panther or God King Doom would both be awesome. A Ta-Nehisi Coates modern Black Panther modeled after the look from the movie would be perfect.
    Yes please.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Can you imagine the day if/when the hint is actually for Dazzler?
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Calling it:

5* King Conan.

Yes, I know Marvel doesn't have the rights anymore. But they did at one point. Lol

great minds think alike!

Odin would great too.

actually having Ash in the game would be incredible. tv series is amazing too.

but again would be all to awesome. i think it will be something less exotic.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    No doubt in my mind it's this King.

hqdefault.jpg
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    PLEASE bring the Boomstick!

Examples of powers

1) Loud Mouthed Braggart/Chin-Wagger
    2) Boomstick/Sally Forth
    3) Hail to the King/King of the Deadites(switch)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Geez, have you all really given up? It might be a bit late, with First Class many years old, but let's see Sebastian Shaw, the Black King of the Hellfire Club. This will be a 3 and 5 star release, with the 5 star being comics version, and 3 star being Kevin Bacon. Also, Shaw could usher in Donald Pierce to tie into his appearance in Logan.

Magneto as the White King is another possibility, or the Grey King to separate his legendary look from his 2 star look.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Edit: OMG I forgot King Thor! I still think it is 5 BP, but 5 King Thor would be absolutely great and my first choice!
    JHawkInc wrote:
    It'd be nice to get Namor. God Emperor Doom or All-Father King Thor would also be nice, if we're going to get a variant.

Totally forgot about All-Father Thor! With the arm of the Destroyer! I've wanted him even more than God Emperor Doom, but I've resigned myself to the knowledge that all 5* versions of the core Avengers will end up being their MCU versions.

I get it. They spend millions of dollars marketing the MCU, the movies make way more money than the comics ever will, and all of the casual fans are familiar with the MCU versions almost exclusively. You want to include them in the game as a draw, or rather, you have to. But by that logic, shouldn't they be the 1 or 2* versions? You know, so new players can step in and get them right off the bat, versus, say, have playable versions a few years down the line after a lot of time and frustration?
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Chronicler wrote:
    Connecting the dots...

There is a boss battle behavior change.
    That implies an impending boss battle event.
    There is a movie-specific boss battle that has been used to introduce three separate MCU 5* variants.
    A character in that movie is a king and does not have a MCU variant in the game yet.

So... 5* BP with a re-re-run of Civil War?
    Not sure about Civil War re-run, but I think it is Black Panther.

I am getting the hint from the sneak-peek thread. Previous times that Black Panther ran in the Deadpool Daily the sneak-peek only listed his name like all characters with only 1 variant, in the January sneak-peek it is recorded as the following:
    Black Panther (T’Challa)