Another Iron Man!

13»

Comments

• Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Yeah I don't look at her as another variant, but I was acknowledging like others with the inclusion of a lot of the Spider-verse character like Miles, Gwen, and Spider-Man variant covers, some players still want to lump her into that category. Like, i'm not over the moon with her inclusion, but I expected her to be added eventually, so with they hint they gave when Carol was introduced this month, I was like ohh Riri is making it into game, ok.... Just not the Hero I was looking forward to this year. I would love some more A-Force ladies to be added like America Chavez, Singularity, and Nico to make it in game, before Riri made it into game, but that is just me being a fan of the A-Force Comics. Heck as much as I don't like seeing variants, I wouldn't mind them adding a 4* She-Hulk into the mix.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu wrote:
    She's not just 'another Iron Man cover'. It doesn't look like she plays anything like the current Iron Man variants. The only similarity here is that she wears armor made by Tony Stark.
    Actually, if i understand it correctly, she actually made the armor herself.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Crnch73 wrote:
    this character sounds terrible. yet again. I think the developers are batting like .125

I think they half-**** it when marvel forces one of their garbage characters on them
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Crnch73 wrote:
    this character sounds terrible. yet again. I think the developers are batting like .125

I think they half-**** it when marvel forces one of their garbage characters on them

Agreed, just made this point to some others.

Winter Soldier>War Machine
    Captain Carter> hot garbage Wasp
    Medusa> Iron Heart
    Don't know who was released around TAH Hulk, but I'm guessing they were much better than him.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Who cares about picture of the cover... i am more worried about usefulness - Her skills dont look very good to me tbh.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    Who cares about picture of the cover... i am more worried about usefulness - Her skills dont look very good to me tbh.

Eh, Riri looks like she will have some use. Gathering up OML/PHX's strike tiles, consolidating & locking them is a neat trick, and it's a blue power so could have use in Sim as the 3rd for your own OML/PHX.

Her red looks like it'll do decent damage too, based on the pictures, it's 5400 @ level 209 & 4 covers....probably puts it in the 8k range at max. Pretty good utility for 11AP w/ the removal of up to 12 special tiles.

Her green allegedly does damage along with going airborne, which is useful in its own right.

I mean, she's probably in the 20-25ish range, which is below average at this point, but not completely useless, which is basically all that's required at this stage.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand that Riri Williams is Marvel's newest plaything and they are keen to push her into a variety of media, more exposure is good for Marvel. What I don't understand is just how much of the decision making regarding releases have D3Go! surrendered in order to keep their licensing rights?

Releasing the latest characters soley as 4* rarity is not going to keep those who sign up to the game purely for that character hanging around for the long term, heck even 3* is borderline accessible for new players. Yes of course the established players need to be catered to as well but what new releases have been new player friendly in the last 18 months? An expected 6 or even 3 months to be semi competitive is not realistic by today's standards, especially when the non competitive Prologue offers very little in the way of new content.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:

Medusa> Iron Heart
    Don't know who was released around TAH Hulk, but I'm guessing they were much better than him.

Venom.

Tinfoil hats much?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Well, I'm glad it looks like she stinks as much as her character.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    HaywireII wrote:
    Flight test? I thought they'd call her Versus event "Iron Maiden".

I hope not. I prefer to use that term for my IM40 and 4Thor team when playing PVP. That's the true iron maiden team.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:

Medusa> Iron Heart

Venom.

Tinfoil hats much?

Looks to me like he was stuffed between X23 and GR.

Either one is infinitely better than what cho was.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    A mediocre character I don't care about being released in an event I hate...looking forward to the break!
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Jarvind wrote:
    The last few releases have been great. I'm almost relieved to see what appears to be an extremely mediocre release because it means I won't feel obligated to gun for t10-20 on the PVE event.

Agreed! I'm going to be gunning for Hood covers!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Also, she's not "Iron Man."

Indeed. THIS is Iron Man.
    Infamous_Iron_Man_1_Ribic_Variant.jpg?w=630&h=892&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why are people acting like this isn't one of the most clear-cut "came down from Marvel" character choices we've gotten in the past few months (the only more obvious one being Dr. Strange)?

She clearly is. But, that doesn't mean she couldn't have been good. Peggy was the result another Marvel edict, and she's one of the most coveted characters in her tier. Riri, however, looks to be just more of the self damaging mediocrity. It's like the Devs are trying to see what character can do the best cover of a Nine Inch Nails song. Give it a rest guys. You aren't beating Johnny Cash.

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless they start to make these 4's more accessible, I simply don't care what gets released.

New players, even if they care, likely won't see the character in a usable state for years.

This is nothing to me but a further dilution of top tier 4's in legendary tokens.

Somethings gotta give with this 4 star situation.
  • Her HP looks weak at level 209.
    She should call her mentor to accompany fight in PVE.lol