Another Iron Man!

Peej13
Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
https://news.marvel.com/games/58123/pie ... -williams/

So creative.

These release articles are like a fourth grade grammar homework assignment - the kind where you have to go through and add commas, correct improper usage of words, etc. It makes sense that so many of the powers and ranking awards are misleading.

Comments

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    this character sounds terrible. yet again. I think the developers are batting like .125
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2017
    At least it won’t be in a 7 day event, it had been a bit since we had one of those and I feared were due for one this Thursday. Champed Teen Jean being boosted that week will at least make Thick as Thieves an easier grind.

Her blue sounds different, curious to see that in action. Looking forward to her green airborne power showing up on the next few patch lists. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Crnch73 wrote:
    this character sounds terrible. yet again. I think the developers are batting like .125
    "Yet again"? Thanos, Medusa, and Carol are all pretty great. I'm curious to see how Ironheart will play.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    blueflag.png
    redflag.png
    greenflag.png

Hm... The move that brings the special tiles in the middle works well with r&g's green. Also chulk's. One punch to remove most if not all special tiles is good for me. However... Is this a 4*? She sounds like a 3*. Right?

Did I miss the part where they talked about her rarity?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, she's not "Iron Man." They state she's going to be her own character, so you can combine her with Iron Man or whatever. I really don't see the issue.

Sure, this doesn't mean that people are getting Gambit or Nightcrawler, or whatever classic character they want, but I really can't fault them for trying to be current. She's a character that appears in the comics right now....
  • Seems like these boards have become a secondary or tertiary option for reporting upcoming events. We learn about 2 upcoming PvE events and their start dates in that article that aren't in the 'sneak peak' on this board. icon_cry.gif
  • Koffitok wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:
    "Yet again"? Thanos, Medusa, and Carol are all pretty great. I'm curious to see how Ironheart will play.

Medusa is pretty good, but half of the Thanos' is all kinds of bad, and too early to tell on new Marvel, but seems really niche. I started groaning when the dev stated Ironheart was a support character. Seems like most of what we get lately.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa wrote:
    :blueflag:
    redflag.png
    greenflag.png

Hm... The move that brings the special tiles in the middle works well with r&g's green. Also chulk's. One punch to remove most if not all special tiles is good for me. However... Is this a 4*? She sounds like a 3*. Right?

Did I miss the part where they talked about her rarity?

4*
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Also, she's not "Iron Man." They state she's going to be her own character, so you can combine her with Iron Man or whatever. I really don't see the issue.

Sure, this doesn't mean that people are getting Gambit or Nightcrawler, or whatever classic character they want, but I really can't fault them for trying to be current. She's a character that appears in the comics right now....

Depends on how you're defining another Iron Man. Yeah in the game she is not classified as an Iron Man, but logic dictates that if she looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, she's a duck...
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Mercalla wrote:
    Koffitok wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:

Medusa is pretty good, but half of the Thanos' is all kinds of bad, and too early to tell on new Marvel, but seems really niche. I started groaning when the dev stated Ironheart was a support character. Seems like most of what we get lately.

Medusa is t10
    Thanos was half bad - now he's 90% good
    Carol is way above niche - she maybe fighting Peggy for best 4*
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally get the frustration of yeah another 4 and another iron manish character to boot. Though it is what is it is and shouldn't expect anything less. Just too bad that it isn't the fabled big announcement game changing feature...which I think we're long overdue imo.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Gambit, Rogue, Mr. Sinister, Nightcrawler, Sabretooth, Kang, Cable, etc. - all characters in comics right now, and not yet in this game (in any form).
    GrimSkald wrote:

Depends on how you're defining another Iron Man. Yeah in the game she is not classified as an Iron Man, but logic dictates that if she looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, she's a duck...[/quote]
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Mercalla wrote:
    Koffitok wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:

Medusa is t10

Which is great and all but the vast majority won't be able to build them for months on end. Maybe if there was more of an effort to place these new characters as progression rewards instead of the same run down of first year 4s then people might get more excited.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Self_Less_zps8cch96jz.png
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Skrofa wrote:
    Depends on how you're defining another Iron Man. Yeah in the game she is not classified as an Iron Man, but logic dictates that if she looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, she's a duck...

i-resnt-that-bud-donald-duck-cropped-680.jpg
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Koffitok wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:

Carol is good, not sure on great but that is only because I haven't used her a lot. Same with Medusa, just not enough evidence. Thanos was broken, now he is better but still nowhere near tops. I will probably never use him.

but lest we all forget agent venom, 4* blade, gweenpool... even 4* cage and spiderwoman to an extent. Clearly, every new release can't be jumped straight to top of the list, I get it. But they miss more than they hit. And we DON'T NEED another character release right now. We need that fabled "awesome new gameplay change" we were promised. We need bug fixes. If they insist on delaying that stuff while still releasing a new characters, they better be amazing characters to at least make it worth while. At this point, they are padding their wallets and giving us the middle finger
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    broll wrote:
    if she looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, she's a duck...

No! She will never have the pleasure! icon_lol.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Meh. This character is so situational I'm not sure I'd ever use her outside of an essential.

Her green power is a real head-scratcher. Disabling yourself for twice as long as the enemy? The only reason I could see why that would be beneficial would be to avoid incoming damage -- but you're usually using the stun to achieve that, anyway. Daredevil's stun is longer, repetitive (assuming the tile doesn't immediately get matched away), and only 1 AP more expensive in blue -- the only real advantage RW has is that green generation is a lot more common than blue.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    alphabeta wrote:
    Mercalla wrote:
    Koffitok wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:

Medusa is t10

Don't forget Dr Strange!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last few releases have been great. I'm almost relieved to see what appears to be an extremely mediocre release because it means I won't feel obligated to gun for t10-20 on the PVE event.
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Her green power is a real head-scratcher. Disabling yourself for twice as long as the enemy? The only reason I could see why that would be beneficial would be to avoid incoming damage -- but you're usually using the stun to achieve that, anyway.

It says it causes damage as well, so it kinda balances out. I agree though, her powers are all extremely situational - Remote Control Gauntlets is the only one I can see getting regular use.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mercalla wrote:

Honestly that's probably what we need. Most of the AOE / big nuke powers are already established. Does the game change with another 4clops red nuike or ICe green AOE? Probably not.

I personally would rather see more support chars with interesting power mixes that make my existing champs more flexibile than another Kate Bishop with more redundant nuke powers in colors that are already overrepresented.

edit don't get me wrong. Riri is a lame choice for a character. But I'm okay with more support oriented/board control type powers.