New limited vault: X-23

13»

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    fanghoul wrote:
    bob554 wrote:
    I think I'm in the minority in that my 2/5/5 X-23 could use the cover, but i only have 690 HP! Not that big a deal since my feeder Daken and Rags are lvl 179 and 175 respectively, so should be looking at champing her soon...

Thanks for the reminder that both of those guys give X-23 covers. I've got a (apparently rare) 3/2/5 X-23, so I was thinking it might be worth a shot to see if I could grab the cover for 1000 HP. Her purple is situationally good, but she could use a more solid attack power. But with both Rags and Daken giving her green first, maybe I should hold off.

If anything, this is the bigger issue than this vault giving out green. IIRC, this is the only occasion where feeders both start with the same color, even going back to the beginning where there were more instances of multiple feeders.
  • Acaine
    Acaine Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    +1 to green abundant X-23. Mine is 5-3-4 and i have already sold 2 green covers just before they rotted, one from token and one from Dakken. Rags will give yet another green but needs 7 covers, so maybe there is time.
  • Karabraxos
    Karabraxos Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    nobody need Green X-23!

If it was red, I would definitely try but as my X-23 is 5/0/5, no way icon_e_sad.gif
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    If you could reset the vault for 400 HP for a shot at a red or purple, would you?
    firethorne wrote:
    Nope.
    Crnch73 wrote:
    of course not.
    broll wrote:
    No.

This is why we can't have nice things. Resetting vaults is something they already do all the time and could be done with ease. But why would they if nobody is willing to pay for it? Everyone wants everything for free these days. Sorry, but you aren't entitled to a vault at all, let alone a vault containing the exact cover of your choosing. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    If you could reset the vault for 400 HP for a shot at a red or purple, would you?
    firethorne wrote:
    Nope.
    Crnch73 wrote:
    of course not.
    broll wrote:
    No.

This is why we can't have nice things. Resetting vaults is something they already do all the time and could be done with ease. But why would they if nobody is willing to pay for it? Everyone wants everything for free these days. Sorry, but you aren't entitled to a vault at all, let alone a vault containing the exact cover of your choosing. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

The vaults are already over-priced, except for the Christmas versions which were OK. So you're saying if our random loto for color gives us a bad one we should pay 400, possibly multiple times before getting highway robbed? No thanks.

IMO the reason we can't have nice things is whales pay for poor deals like these giving them little incentive to give us a decent deal...

EDIT: As to why would they, the biggest complaint by far is, 'I would buy but it's the wrong color' if people are willing to pay the over priced version for the correct color, then add a free random button so they can pick their color with no extra coding for 'colorless' or any of that nonsense. The reason for them to do it is to sell their product. I'm perfectly content ignoring these vaults if that's what the devs want, but why would they want that?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want a blue JG... please?!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    I just want a blue JG... please?!

Ugh, I hear that. I think I ended up buying the last one I needed with CP.
    Still stuck without a Ghostrider Green, too. Not that that's particularly important. I'm less inclined to champ him these days.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Caved and did the 5 pick, and actually got her. This makes her my most-covered 4* at 4/4/4 and in a perfect position to be fully covered regardless of which color cover I get next. Feels pretty good. I would have liked it to have happened to my 3/4/4 Jean Grey, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth and all.