New limited vault: X-23

Black Duke
Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, since my X-23 is only one cover away from being a champion (5/4/3), I was quite happy to read that the new vault gives us a cover for her. Unfortunately it's the only colour I don't need, it's the green cover.

D3, If you want us players to spend our hero points for those vaults, please make the 4* cover colorless!

Comments

• stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    It's killing them not to give us the single token option..

They have lowered it to 5x at least but still not biting.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its always the green cover. I've been sat at 5/3/3 forever now with me always getting green covers.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Rolled the dice on a 5 pack since my X23 was at 309 and my Spidey at 238.

Got both, plus a Falcon.

Not going to complain about 3 champ levels plus two LTs for 1000 HP.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    My 5/3/3 x23 is seemingly never going to see 13 covers. It's always her green one.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Rolled the dice on a 5 pack since my X23 was at 309 and my Spidey at 238.

Got both, plus a Falcon.

Not going to complain about 3 champ levels plus two LTs for 1000 HP.

I guess dropping a 1k on a good chance of 4* is not bad in general. But with RNG nobody can expect results like this to be consistent. For each Bowgentle with 3 good pulls there is a sad figure with 3 2* icon_e_wink.gif . This vault is still not a great value but hell - one might get lucky (and to search for a bit of luck it's better then the previous version).
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I saw X-23 greenflag.png and 3* Strange yellowflag.png and they lowered the option to a 5 pack and I thought, "I bet if I do this for these covers I want, 5 at a time, I won't get either until the 4th pull (thus costing me 400 heropointsbig.png )".

You can guess what I got on my 4th pull 4000 heropointsbig.png later....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be cool to see a free "Vault Reset" so we can at least change the color of the cover we need. Besides the cost of these vaults, the color of the cover has been a major problem.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, also in the green is maxed for her column. If most have a color of hers maxed out, it'll be green. I do applaud the 5x option being added.

Also, if they insist on not changing the contents, at least make all the two stars elite tokens. Then every pull might have the small chance of being a 3.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    My 3-stars are bullseye and GSBW, which are definitely not worth the HP investment.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    My X-23 is 5/0/0 so I will definitely be skipping this vault lol
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    God damn x-23 green - I've probably have gotten 15 of those since she came out. I guess she'll be 5-2-4 for a while longer
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the club as well - my 6/1/0 X-23 would not benefit from being 7/1/0. At least One free reset vault option would certainly be nice.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't use green, and wouldn't buy into this one even if I could. No single pulls = no participation from me.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I was just thinking yesterday that X-23 was one of the 4 stars that could convince me to spend the HP I've hoarded... but then it was a green cover. Mine is 4/1/5, meaning I could still use it, but I'd much rather have red be an option at this point, because I know I'll just end up pulling a green from my next LT as soon as I do this.
  • TarjanVK
    TarjanVK Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Dunno if anyone's noticed, but all the limited vaults except for the Vaultmas ones have been the first color cover in the character's set... I don't expect them to change until they've cycled through all the characters (if they even keep doing the vaults that long or decide to change it when the cycle ends).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Single pulls or don't bother.

I already have X-23 championed, so I'm not spending 1000+ HP just for a shot at another champion level.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I agree that if you are stuck with one certain color of the 4*, you really are limiting the amount of people to buy. The last 5 or so vaults (I can't even remember because they have been underwhelming), I haven't even bothered because they all contained a color I had maxed out. Had the color been one I needed, I probably would have bought the winter soldier (5/2/1) and X-23 (5/2/2) vaults. Hit me with a Jean Grey, a PunMax, RHulk, etc... those all need covers and none stand at 5 of anything. Give me a Peggy yellow and I will send you all the HP it takes. As it stands, I just skip over them because they offer me things I can't even use, or don't care about.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/3/3 x23 is seemingly never going to see 13 covers. It's always her green one.

Looks like we both live in the same cruel world. But yeah, this game is random apparently. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Single pulls, especially if the vault is going to stay up for a week. That lets people build their hp back up and be tempted to try again. If 1000 is the minimum entry I will probably never try. Or give us a daily deal, give us 6 tries at it for cheap

Also, my X-23 is at 5 green too, so I wasn't trying this one anyway.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    My X23 at 12 Covers with 5 Green too.