New limited vault: X-23

Comments

• Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    It would be cool to see a free "Vault Reset" so we can at least change the color of the cover we need. Besides the cost of these vaults, the color of the cover has been a major problem.
    choose your color would be best
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Have these special vaults always been the first color? They should mix it up since the first color is already the most easily accessible from champion rewards in most cases. Especially for someone like X-23 who has 2 feeders.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feature request: Opt-Out button for these vaults and announcements until/unless they are made much cheaper or with many more covers of higher rarity.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Feature request: Opt-Out button for these vaults and announcements until/unless they are made much cheaper or with many more covers of higher rarity.

Or replace it with a once a month featured 5* cover
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm yeah, looks at his 5/1/5 X-23, nope.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 day vaults need a single pull option and a daily deal
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    What it needs is 1 of every color.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    I think I'm in the minority in that my 2/5/5 X-23 could use the cover, but i only have 690 HP! Not that big a deal since my feeder Daken and Rags are lvl 179 and 175 respectively, so should be looking at champing her soon...
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    If you could reset the vault for 400 HP for a shot at a red or purple, would you?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you could reset the vault for 400 HP for a shot at a red or purple, would you?

Nope.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do they honestly have no idea about cover distribution in their own game or do they really just not care?
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

of course not. but they should have a button that allows you, before any pulls at the vault have been made, to reset the vault... and all this does is swap out the featured 4* with another color. That way you can't just reset the vault after you pull the 4*, and you can't reset to try for more 3* rewards... all it does is swap out the color as long as you haven't tried yet. As I have mentioned earlier, I haven't made a run at a limited vault in quite a long time. If many people can't use the cover, similar to me... then they are only hurting their business model.

I sure hope this "vault idea" with 5X buttons isn't the major change they promised us...
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    The good news is it's clear that they're still feeling out the vaults since they've changed just about every time they've come out. Money talks so if less people are buying these than they'd hope would participate I imagine the changes will continue.

Colorless covers are a pipedream at this point and I think vault resets would be too costly even if they're fairly inexpensive since you may have to reset it several times. I think a decent holdover idea since we're just getting one character with one vault a week is for each week to have three vaults of the same character in each of their different colors. It's still probably not a wonderful value but if someone wants to go wild and spend over 10K HP on getting 3 4*star covers good for them but at least those people desperate for a certain color won't have to wait 41+ weeks for it to cycle to the character's next color.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the 3 separate vault ideas. It would be a great way for them to increase sales and for players to build their rostered characters.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like previous posters I was thrilled to see an X-23 but disappointed that the cover was Green (5/4/1)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No single option.
    Not gonna buy.
    End of story.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

No.

There should be a reset but it should be free to reset unlimited times until you buy. Once you buy the reset option locks.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Last week my 5/3/4 Bucky skipped.
    This week my 5/3/4 X-23 will skip.
    Didn't we have Moon Knight? He did/would happily skip at 5/3/3.
    So maybe my 5/5/2 Miles will get his turn to skip next week.

See a pattern, D3?
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I got excited for a second when I saw it was X-23, but mine is 5/1/5. Based on the comments above it sounds like there are plenty of others in the same situation. Eventually one of these will be a 4* color I really want...
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    bob554 wrote:
    I think I'm in the minority in that my 2/5/5 X-23 could use the cover, but i only have 690 HP! Not that big a deal since my feeder Daken and Rags are lvl 179 and 175 respectively, so should be looking at champing her soon...

Thanks for the reminder that both of those guys give X-23 covers. I've got a (apparently rare) 3/2/5 X-23, so I was thinking it might be worth a shot to see if I could grab the cover for 1000 HP. Her purple is situationally good, but she could use a more solid attack power. But with both Rags and Daken giving her green first, maybe I should hold off.