Fun Combined Arms teams

Options

Comments

• bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    currently running a FalCap, Blade and 2Storm combo.

blade provides strike and attack tiles, as well as AP steal
    Falcap tanks and provides protect tiles, as well as buffing all special tiles and providing the knockout punch if needed
    storm provides retaliation, 4 turn stun and AP generation

Had some success, but I can see this team potentially being weak against the Peggy/Hood/OBW teams, as none of the abilities are cheap.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OBW/IF/HB was utterly ruthless on the climb to 900. Widow's purple got more use than Iron Fist's after the first few fights. Used it to neutralise Jean Grey a couple of times too.
    Didn't bother taking on any Peggy teams though.

I may try out a few of the combos posted here tomorrow if I get a chance.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rhulk/Thanos/Bullseye
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Switch + OBW + anybody. Been using Hulkbuster or Cho. Went 7 matches without the AI launching a single power other than the team-up one. No boosts. So I basically just took minor match damage.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mentioned it in the event thread, may as well mention it here.

Medusa, Doctor Strange, Bullseye.

There's really no offence, but it grinds down practically anything. For the heck of it I've taken on FistBuster, Ghost Rider, Red Hulk, and come away bloody but unbowed. I can't be bothered taking on Peggy, maybe if it's worth enough points.

Defensively I'm getting more wins than losses, which is interesting.

I wasn't going to stick with this team, but don't really see a reason to change. Not least because whatever I use may be deemed as stronger, and so permanently replace this one.
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I champed 4Thor recently so I went with the so-easy-it's-practically-cheating OBW/4Thor/IM40. It took some health packs for OBW and I had to shield for 3 hours at 728 in order to let the attacks die down but the matches were quick, easy, and got me to 900 with ruthless efficiency. I'm going to be sad when OBW is fixed -- she's dead useful for PvE right now too.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OBW Hood Iceman
    This team could be very useful .
    The enemy team could not fire any power to the end (OBE purple, Hood blue and Iceman stun)
    Weakness in defense
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    Lawling my way through it with Red Hulk/Scarlet Witch/Hawkeye. Switch makes purple and triggers Speed Shot, Rulk smashes, Hawkeye picks off the stragglers.

Oh man you are a lifesaver!! Though my rhulk is nonexistent at the moment and I am using wolverine instead the team is fun fun fun!
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bullseye / qs / Cyclops

Nice board cover. Blue feeds qs aoe and makes his attacks cheaper which gives Cyclops ap for his blue which gives him red for his other attack.

Put down his yellow to speed it all up. Use qs black to gather more tu or create crits for bullseye speed shot anon.

I like the sound of the rhulk, bullseye, switch one too though. Probably use that in later stages
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My team for this event is : icon_ms_marvel.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_spidergwen.png.

It works pretty well for me.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock wrote:
    Switch + OBW + anybody. Been using Hulkbuster or Cho. Went 7 matches without the AI launching a single power other than the team-up one. No boosts. So I basically just took minor match damage.
    This is why I like using Medusa. With OBW borked Medusa can still put out solid damage on defense without needing AP.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock wrote:
    This is why I like using Medusa. With OBW borked Medusa can still put out solid damage on defense without needing AP.

Yep, she's great in this event. She also tanks for OBW. Anyone marching OBW into that match where she tanks purple, she's going down pretty fast. Pretty easy to get Medusa/Fist hitting for 3k+ each turn. There's no getting around damage.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fun team I played around with: Star-Lord, IM40, Hawkeye. Lots of countdown tiles for Star-Lord to use to power up his red (my champed SL's red was doing 20k+ damage when there were 6 or more countdowns on the board). If you get a 5-match, you not only get the bonus damage from Hawkeye's speed shot, but those countdown tiles immediately make SL's red crazy powerful. IM40's recharge powers Star-Lord and Hawkeye's blue... more countdowns and stunning.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Started off with
    Ghost Rider, Dr Strange and OBW.

Got to 700 undefeated until someone took points off me just after shielding. I hate it when that happens.

Switched to OBW , IM40 and Peggy Carter.
    I want an easy life.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mostly used OBW-Switch w/ rotating IMHB/4Cyc/Peggy.

Switched to 2Mag-Grocket-MoonKnight after that. Not as efficient but way more fun.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm loving this event. I wish they would replace lightning rounds with combined arms!

Been having a lot of fun mnmags/im40/ice Or obw/hood/peggy

I made a suggestion thread, maybe a dev will read it and we can get a little variety in our lightning
    rounds

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=57022
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Started with Rulk/SW/Hawk but eventually moved on to Peggy/SW/OBW like many others. Between the three of them there is essentially 0 chance of any enemy powers firing, so it just becomes a matter of time until you gather enough AP to down everyone. I've gotten a handful of defensive wins, but have lost a couple too.

Broken OBW really makes even the jankiest teams possible because even against Peggy, paying 8-9 AP to steal 4 from every color is ridiculous. One of the teams that I lost points to was an unchamped Fury, MoStorm, and OBW.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    so many great and fun teams, you choose from your whole roster instead of your top chars.

and still, if you want rewards out of it, you feel forced to play very specific toons.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had huge amounts of fun with my DA Daken, Mohawk Storm, Medusa team.

This team would be defensively terrible even if my Medusa weren't level 74 1/1/1, but it was so much fun that I didn't care.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    my fav team is windows error message and windows closing program box, which equals instant death, only problem it's me that suffers.