• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unexpected? icon_lol.gif

b63fde72a73d5a92ea76eaec03f1daed8d69a6d42a7bc99dc78dd3dacbcbeb4c.jpg
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice Fix/Buff to Thanos (at least now it's Feasible for Daken and X-23 to Regenerate the damage back quickly)
    too bad the next event is a heroic with no opportunity to use any of them
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    I was hoping that the lack of animation for Daken's chemical reaction was a test to see if removing animation throughout was viable. Reducing or removing (even better) animations would go a long way to speeding up these matches, which many of us kind of need.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice Fix/Buff to Thanos (at least now it's Feasible for Daken and X-23 to Regenerate the damage back quickly)
    too bad the next event is a heroic with no opportunity to use any of them
    Thanos may still fall under the "New Character" umbrella for Dark Avengers
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I for one am glad the Daken animation is back. It was a bit confusing what was going on without it when the computer used the power.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can you hotfix Customer Service too?
    The last 2 or 3 times I've e-mailed in and included my username within the first sentence, they reply back to me with...

"In order for us to procede... please provide your current username."
    If CS is swamped with requests it's only because half the time they're not reading e-mails properly and causing people to reply back with information that was already included in the initial message. icon_e_sad.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad to see the Thanos fix!

Also, as a completely random aside, I just got to the part of a movie I decided to watch on a whim on Netflix that happened to contain your signature image, Summer Glau. It was a slightly surreal experience. "So that's where it comes from!"
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sold my Thanos and recruited another sans black. I demand compensation in the form of 1 million legendary tokens and 1 billion ISO.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv wrote:
    Could you please look into Quakes broken Yellow passive (seems to only cover damage at cover level 1 even when covered higher)?

(Sidenote: I loved not seeing Dakens frequent animations...)
    The same bug happens with Punisher Max and Black Suit Spider-Man's passives. The powers are stuck at level 1.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just tried out Thanos with his fix, partnering him with Patch and Daken for The Big Enchilada, and burned through each wave with Court Death even faster than when I use Dr. Strange and his goon-eating yellow. Patch and Daken's healing were more than capable of dealing with Court Death's damage, and their strike tiles were adding to Court Death's damage to enemies. Ouch.

Thank you for this fix.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Here are the updates for today's R117 hot fix patch:

January 6, 2017
      • Invisible Woman's power
    Force Bubble's next level text at Power Level four now properly states that the power will target enemy Countdown tiles at Power Level five.
    • Daken (Dark Avengers) and Daken (Classic)'s power Chemical Reaction now plays an animation again.
    • Thanos (Modern)'s power Court Death power was dealing more damage to allies than expected. The damage done to allies has been reduced for all power levels.
    • Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)'s power Executive Decision can no longer activate from Colossus (Classic)'s power Fastball Special.

Well done guys for fixing the ghastly THANOS, he is now a welcome addition to the 3* ranks.
    icon_e_smile.gif
    Once again thank you.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alphabeta is absolutely right.

The buff to 3* thanos was much needed and is totally welcome. Thanks to demi for pushing this out immediately after the holidays.

Saying thay the character did more damage than expected is absurd and disingenuous at best. He did exactly what his character description said he would do. The devs can say that he turned out worse than they had expected in real-world play, or that they didnt think through the ramifications of his initial build and had to change him after looking at usage data. But they cant say that they didnt know what he would do.

I would very much like to think that we players are sensible enough community to appreciate honest communication, even it it contains bad or disappointing news. Please trust ys to do so demi and d3. There will of course be some jerks, but have faith in the majority of us!
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought he was really useful even when he did lots of damage to friends. Now he is absolutely superb but I'm really not convinced that this buff was needed. He had his place (he kills low-level stuff faster than anything else in the game and makes many fights ridiculously short) - I thought the steep self-damage was perfectly justified. Oh well.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    This was not a BUFF. This was a FIX.

And all of y'all are welcome. :+p
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Saying thay the character did more damage than expected is absurd and disingenuous at best. He did exactly what his character description said he would do.

People keep saying this and...I wonder if you realise how those numbers are displayed.

It calculates that number due to a set of parameters dictated by the programmers. If they did the math wrong then the numbers will calculate incorrectly. That doesn't mean it's by design, they didn't sit there and type up 1000+ versions of the description so it can change depending on which level he is and how many covers he has. It's a calculation.

And if the devs went "Aw ****, we multiplied it by 15 instead of 1.5!" then that's more damage than expected...because they didn't realise the mistake at first.

True, some amount of testing would have revealed this and it's baffling that such things keep slipping through when the community discovers them within minutes (even dumb-**** like me spot some of this stuff quickly).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Saying thay the character did more damage than expected is absurd and disingenuous at best. He did exactly what his character description said he would do.

People keep saying this and...I wonder if you realise how those numbers are displayed.

It calculates that number due to a set of parameters dictated by the programmers. If they did the math wrong then the numbers will calculate incorrectly. That doesn't mean it's by design, they didn't sit there and type up 1000+ versions of the description so it can change depending on which level he is and how many covers he has. It's a calculation.

And if the devs went "Aw ****, we multiplied it by 15 instead of 1.5!" then that's more damage than expected...because they didn't realise the mistake at first.

True, some amount of testing would have revealed this and it's baffling that such things keep slipping through when the community discovers them within minutes (even dumb-**** like me spot some of this stuff quickly).

Nexus, Thanos did exactly as much damage as his power descriptions said. the game literally stated the exact amount of damage that he did. Moreover, several days before thanos went live he was announced in a marvel.com "interview." In that interview someone from d3 (not demi, d3) said that, in contrast to the 5* version, 3* thanos' black did the same damage to allies and enemies. This was essentially true (he did slightly more self damage at 3 or 4 covers and slightly less at 5).

Do you really think that a demi had no idea how much damage thanos was doing when (1) the ability was working exactly as described in-game, and (2) accurate information about his powerset had been distributed by demi to d3 in advance of marketing hype?

That seems extremely unlikely to me. They would basically have to design the character, implement him in game, and send the new build to d3, and release thanos to the public all without ever playing a single match with the character. If that is really their design process than the game has much more serious problems.

They should just admit that he was bad as released and needed a buff. Everyone is happy! Instead they are couching it as a bug fix.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated post with January 10, 2017 hotfixes
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

This isn't just a hotfix, this should be included in the rebalancing thread! Holy moly, major buff to Sentry.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

This isn't just a hotfix, this should be included in the rebalancing thread! Holy moly, major buff to Sentry.

A Major Bullet Sponge who now will work well with X-23 and Daken
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I believe the reason it is considered a hotfix might be that the wording on those Sentry abilities implies his allies would get hurt, and not himself as well. Now Sentry is no longer damaged.