Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *Updated post with January 10, 2017 hotfixes

This isn't just a hotfix, this should be included in the rebalancing thread! Holy moly, major buff to Sentry.
    I believe the reason it is considered a hotfix might be that the wording on those Sentry abilities implies his allies would get hurt, and not himself as well. Now Sentry is no longer damaged.

Since I can remember, he has always hurt himself with his red and green skills. The description did just say allies I think though. But this is definitely a buff, as it seems strange to hotfix something that has been this way for over a year and a half.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They really want you to use him with Carol.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If this is true... then it only took 2..(3?) years to fix!
    Huzzah!
    Progress!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shoot, do I have to finally champ and start using my Sentry now?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People do realize that Sentry (and probably Ragnarok) still hurt everyone else on the team, right? He just doesn't hurt himself.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Self damage is the least of the Sentry's problems so this makes very little difference.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People do realize that Sentry (and probably Ragnarok) still hurt everyone else on the team, right? He just doesn't hurt himself.
    But for those whose use Characters with True Healing who don't have active red Powers (Like X-23 or Daken) Sentry Not Hurting Himself is a definite plus
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup, definite boost. It also means he'll never risk killing himself, which is nice
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Yup, definite boost. It also means he'll never risk killing himself, which is nice
    He still has Sacrifice though.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    He still has Sacrifice though.

Er, yes. Never risk killing himself with Supernova or World Rupture.

Also applies to Rags, who will no longer kill himself.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess I'm not getting what is so exciting about Sentry. Even though he won't hurt himself, doesn't he still hurt his own teammates?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Well it's not like super exciting. Relative to how exciting he was before, it's pretty exciting.

For example, you can now run him with two self-healers (Daken and Patch, for example), and the whole team will come out of a match with pretty good health (or regenerate it quickly at the beginning of the next one, maybe). I guess there's still Sacrifice. But you can definitely use his other two powers just fine. (Berserker Rage the turn before all your World Rupture tiles expire seems gross)

Previously, Sentry himself would require a lot of healing, just for using any of his powers, even if the rest of the team was fine.

It also means that its not as counter-productive to use Sacrifice because it's not a precursor to yet more self-damage.

Finally, he might make a more effective scarecrow in PVP, particularly when boosted, as he'll be considerably less likely to kill himself when dropping a Supernova on your face. (100% less likely, in fact).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    • Sentry (Dark Avengers)'s Power World Rupture no longer damages himself.
    • Sentry (Dark Avengers)'s Power Supernova no longer damages himself.
    • Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)'s Power Godlike Power no longer damages himself.

Well you can blame this thread about our favorite AI suicides. The devs really do listen.. the wrong way lol: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55946&hilit=Kill+himself

Regardless, it makes sense.. Carnage's red doesn't self damage nor does Thanos recent black power.

I enjoy using Sentrys green with Starlord. The CD is so long that it gives me plenty of time to one shot enemies with 6 red AP