*** Thanos (Modern) ***

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Thanos (Modern) :Thanos:
3 Star Rarity (Rare)
At Max Level: HP: 12325 11/13/12/70/61/79/3.5x
    Court Death 0 blacktile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Thanos’ desire to please his mistress Death makes him a terrifying threat and a volatile ally. When you down an enemy, deal 468 damage to all enemies and 468 to Thanos’ allies.
      Level 2: Deal 614 damage to Thanos’ enemies and 134 damage to Thanos’ allies Level 3: Deal 742 damage to Thanos’ enemies and 168 damage to Thanos’ allies. Level 4: Deal 948 damage to Thanos’ enemies and 233 damage to Thanos’ allies. Level 5: Deal 1307 damage to his enemies, and deal 279 damage to his allies.
    Max Level:
      Level 3: Deal 2313 damage to all enemies and 695 to Thanos’ allies. Level 4: Deal 2958 damage to all enemies and 869 to Thanos’ allies. Level 5: Deal 4077 damage to all enemies and 1043 to Thanos’ allies.

Infinite Power 8 purpletile.png AP
    Invulnerable, immortal and nearly all-powerful, Thanos bends his foes to his will. Create a 3-turn Purple Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, Thanos deals an extra 150% match damage.
      Level 2: While the Infinite Power tile is on the board, increase Thanos’ match damage by 175%. Level 3: Create a 4-turn Countdown tile that while on the board, increase Thanos’ match damage by 175%. Level 4: Create a 4-turn Countdown tile that while on the board increases Thanos’ match damage by 200%. Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that while on the board increases Thanos’ match damage by 260%.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Create a 4-turn Purple Countdown tile that while on the board increases Thanos’ match damage by 175%. Level 4: Create a 4-turn Purple Countdown tile that while on the board increases Thanos’ match damage by 200%. Level 5: Create a 4-turn Purple Countdown tile that while on the board increases Thanos’ match damage by 260%.

Come and Get Me! 12 greentile.png AP
    Thanos stands against the tide of his enemies before unleashing his wrath. Places a 4-turn Countdown tile that moves Thanos to the front at the end of the turn. When the Countdown tile goes off, deal 691 damage to the enemy team.
      Level 2: Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. When the Countdown tile goes off, deal 730 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: When Thanos’ Countdown tile goes off, deal 825 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: When Thanos’ Countdown tile goes off, deal 1009 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: When Thanos’ Countdown tile goes off, deal 1371 damage to the enemy team.
    Max Level:
      Level 3: Places a 3-turn Countdown tile that when Thanos’ Countdown tile goes off, deal 2573 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Places a 3-turn Countdown tile that when Thanos’ Countdown tile goes off, deal 3147 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Places a 3-turn Countdown tile that when Thanos’ Countdown tile goes off, deal 4277 damage to the enemy team..

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
      Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited January 2017
      Better hold that thought until you get the (new) correct numbers for Court Death. I think they may improve player perception, to put it mildly. As of the hotfix the self-team damage is down about 3.5 times.

Which is to say, as I've been chastised for in the hotfix thread, the old damage is (about) 3.5 times more than the new damage.
    • Cthulhu
      True! I will download the new build and revise right now!
    • Cthulhu
      Currently have a crash that is preventing me from getting the stats, will update as soon as it's fixed!
    • fanghoul
      fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
      edited January 2017
      Edit: I'm wrong, and he's not mutliplying strike tiles. I'm just used a bad example, and incorrect math when testing this.

His purple appears to multiply the match damage due to strike tiles as well, not just the tile damage. It makes the power a lot more viable than it first seemed. Since he pairs well with the true healers such as Wolverine and Daken, who also almost all generate strike tiles, he's actually much better than he looks on paper.
    • Dormammu
      Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
      With the most recent R117 hot fix update my level 166 5/3/5 Thanos' blackflag.png Court Death now deals 4077 damage to all enemies and 1043 to allies.

This guy just got a lot more usable.
    • hopper1979
      hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
      Do the purples stack, I know you can put more than one out at a time. If they do that alone makes him very useful.
    • Jabrony_Geoff
      Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
      Thank you and well done for fixing 3* THANOS.
      He is now a welcome addition to the 3* ranks.
      icon_e_biggrin.gif
    • fanghoul
      hopper1979 wrote:
      Do the purples stack, I know you can put more than one out at a time. If they do that alone makes him very useful.

No, they don't stack that way.

Also, I want to reiterate down here that I was wrong about it effecting strike tiles. It really isn't that great a power after all :/
    • Cthulhu
      Fixed his first power stats based on a debug build I'm playing. Let me know if you guys see anything different then what I posted.
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      Are his original stats not going to be preserved on this page (behind a spoiler tag)?
    • Mr_Sinister
      Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
      Elektra black can down an enemy, cause Thanos court death, and activate another black for Elektra. It just so happened the second Elektra activation killed the next target, starting court death again.
    • Jaedenkaal
      Haha that's amazing
    • Anon
      Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
      Elektra black can down an enemy, cause Thanos court death, and activate another black for Elektra. It just so happened the second Elektra activation killed the next target, starting court death again.

Inb4thatsabug
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      mexus wrote:
      My latest champ!
      Doesn't quite feel the power from his purpleflag.png and it too much of a chicken to maximize his blackflag.png
      Still cool, using him with Patch and Rocket/Groot.

Max his black! the self damage now is fairly minimal if played with true healers, and this power makes him awesome for rolling over trivial nodes and seeds in 30 seconds or less.
    • spectator
      spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
      Just don't be too quick.....
    • Marc_Spector
      Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
      mexus wrote:
      Do you recommend purple or green at 3, or both at 4?
      I most often see myself using Patch's green rather than Thanos.

I, personally, recommend 5/3/5 on 3*Thanos and will do the same on my 5* version (when I have him max-covered by the year 2084.) The 5-cover damage on both his black and green are fantastic in either of their respective tiers.
    • Jaedenkaal
      mexus wrote:

I, personally, recommend 5/3/5 on 3*Thanos and will do the same on my 5* version (when I have him max-covered by the year 2084.) The 5-cover damage on both his black and green are fantastic in either of their respective tiers.

I'd go along with that. The main benefit of Infinite Power, board "lock", can be had at any level. I'd also field arguments for 5/4/4 to get the 4-turn duration while still not giving up a lot of damage on green.
    • deadtaco
      deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
      Jaedenkaal wrote:
      mexus wrote:

I'd go along with that. The main benefit of Infinite Power, board "lock", can be had at any level. I'd also field arguments for 5/4/4 to get the 4-turn duration while still not giving up a lot of damage on green.

Thanos + 2 self healers is now my go to for the first 2, sometimes 3, PVE nodes. OML and Daken make for a great team if you have them. Anyway, it's good to respec him for the first couple and take his black down to 3 to reduce the self damage. The nodes are still over in 3-4 turns but you healers will be able to cope better.
    • fanghoul
      Jaedenkaal wrote:
      mexus wrote:

3* Thanos doesn't lock the board with Infinite Power.
    • darkwatcherDEZ
      darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
      Most players will likely pair Thanos with self-healers because of the concerns of "Court Death" blackflag.png and self damage. We wanted to share an interesting alternative by incorporating Doc Strange.

This odd pair comes to the fight with two damaging passives. Thanos blackflag.png does team damage after a kill, but Doc's yellowflag.png passive can undue some (if not all) of the self damage every time the enemy fires a power (or thug drops a countdown tile). Because of their passives, this duo frees up black and yellow AP for the third team member. This leads to some creative teams that can often double layer tank the good Doctor. Examples include:

w/ 2* Thor = HP Tank layers with available redflag.png and yellowflag.png to self synergism of green. Leaves you free to choose your choice of greenflag.png AOE
      w/ 2* Ares = HP Tank layers with available redflag.png AOE and yellowflag.png Nuke. Leaves you free to choose your choice of greenflag.png AOE or Nuke
      w/ 2* Wolvie = Available redflag.png Nuke and yellowflag.png true heal. Leaves you free to choose your choice of greenflag.png AOE or strike tiles
      w/ 2* Bullseye = Available blacktile.png with passive purpletile.png

w/ 3* Thor / Wolvie SAA = HP Tank layers with available redflag.png and yellowflag.png to self synergism of green. Leaves you free to choose your choice of greenflag.png AOE
      w/ 3* Rags = HP Tank layers with available cheap redflag.png attack, self-heal, and blue AP generation for Doc's bluetile.png and charged tiles for Thanos greentile.png
      w/ 3* Cage = Available blacktile.png and yellowtile.png for Luke Nukes with added red passive protection
      w/ 3* Cyclops = All AP available for Cyc Nukes

Early 4 star.png transition or using 5 star.png Doc and Thanos
      w/ 4* Marvel = Available blacktile.png and yellowtile.png with passive greentile.png . Both Thanos and Doc provide countdowns to strengthen her Strike tiles plus faster Thanos greentile.png AOE
      w/ 4* Electra = Available blacktile.png and redtile.png ~ w/ 4*Thor Available yellowtile.pngredtile.png with choice of bluetile.png
      w/ 4* Moon = Passive purpletile.png available blacktile.png and choice of greentile.png nuke or AOE

blablabla... You get the idea... Excellent enemy wave solutions.