*** Thanos (Modern) ***

Options

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's great for the easy level PVE nodes. One-turn finishes with Th3nos, OML and random. I love it!
  • vinniebabe22
    vinniebabe22 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    He's great for the easy level PVE nodes. One-turn finishes with Th3nos, OML and random. I love it!

Aye, sames. I really hated his blackflag.png ability at first but now I pair him with icon_blackbolt.png and icon_silversurfer.png to smash down the mook waves in PVE.

Their huge health pool makes it much easier to take those hits
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just earned my final cover for this guy tonight (bonus hero from an elite token), and championed him and respecced him to 5/3/5. Combined with Dr. Strange and a strike tile generator he's a lot of fun. Daken isn't a bad choice because of his self heal. In wave nodes I'm often not sure what exactly is happening - enemies are dropping so fast that it's hard to keep up. I also haven't noticed the bug in the 3 star version that I've seen in 5 star Thanos - where cascades that kill an enemy will sometimes not trigger Court Death.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven't champed him yet, but most likely will this week. I do have him at 5/4/2 however and he is a tricky player for sure.  Do I try to beat everyone down to the same level so I get one kill that invokes the Court Death or just go head strong at the strongest enemy.. not sure yet.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think as long as Court Death doesn't trigger to kill only one enemy with only a few hundred hit points, you're doing ok.
  • Jesus Jones
    Options
    Now I have him at 5/5/2 with an extra purple and black waiting in the winds, too bad I foolishly spent my CP's earlier.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Well, you're getting a Thanos green in 19 days from DDQ... Although I'd imagine that's not terribly comforting.
  • Jesus Jones
    Options

Well I hope to get 20 CP points before that happens at least.  Gonna have to do something before my covers expire.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just get full progress in Hearts of Darkness. 25 CP, plus extra covers.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Big Enchilada Team is Medusa, Thanos, and Strange. All champed.

Entanglement, Flames of the Failtine, and Court Death. The match is over in under a minute each time.

• Jesus Jones
    Options
    I only have 2 Medusa covers...
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does Infinite Power only work if Thanos already tanks those colors? I just tried using him with Daken, both boosted. I used infinite power and figured that the icons should change since the extra match damage would make Thanos stronger than Daken. Icons didn't change and I didn't notice any damage increase
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Correct, Infinite Power does not change who deals the damage for matching a tile, even if Thanos would (with the increase) do more damage. Sorry :(
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Any one else think a protect tile should reduce team damage from Court Death?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    mexus said:
    Any one else think a protect tile should reduce team damage from Court Death?
    I am not sure. Protect tiles are easy to generate and I honestly think that would make Thanos a bit over powered actually.

Protect tiles never reduce self-induced damage. Conversely, self damage is never increased by friendly (or enemy) strike tiles.

Its for the best.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I generally tend to pair him with 3* Cyclops and 3* Strange for full rainbow usage team

yes, his black does tend to vamp hp with each trigger but it's nothing a few health packs can't handle
  • maururun
    maururun Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am finding his Court Death doesn't trigger 3* Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption. There's nothing in the description of either ability that would indicate this wouldn't work.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Court Death is not considered an active enemy attack, and will not trigger Energy Absorption in either direction (self damage and enemy damage).

It is similar to Doc Strange in that his passive Faltine is also not triggered by the big CD. The same goes for 4Cage Defender, etc. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    maururun said:
    I am finding his Court Death doesn't trigger 3* Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption. There's nothing in the description of either ability that would indicate this wouldn't work.

Friendly or enemy? I find on Big Enchilada I can kill all enemies on a wave with Court Death and 3* Carol will feast on AP.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just double-checked it today. It also triggers 2* storm on DDQ. 

Thanos is a bit buggy. If you haven't noticed yet, his Infinite Power tile just disappears if you change waves.