IM40 yellow costs 8 ap [Fixed In R118]

Comments

• salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    yellow now cost 8
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Thread in Bugs forum. Moderators in their wisdom moved it from here.
  • Jorit
    Jorit Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    It is affecting me on Android after the update.

Even tried taking repecing IM40 and back again and still need 8 yellow.
  • Fubuki
    Fubuki Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    8 ap for me, using steam
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    On android as well, same issue

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Same old Demiurge
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    R117 on Steam and both IM40/GSBW display properly on the roster screen but not in-fight.

They're operating properly, though - GSBW does rank 5 damage for rank 1 cost, and IM40 is doing rank 5 AP generation for rank 1 cost.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I'm getting IM40's recharge at 8AP in actual gameplay, even though my roster still says it costs 6AP at level 5.

I'd installed the r117 update, on a iPhone 6+, iOS 10.2.
  • Playing on Steam account with R117. Looks like many of the characters are not having the AP changes that occur with an increased number of covers apply when in battle, though they show normally when checking your roster.

OBW is 3/5/5. Purple power cost is 5, Blue power cost is 11
    IM40 is 5/3/5. Power costs are Red 13, Blue 16, Yellow 8
    Juggernaut is 5/5. Red and Green power costs are both 10
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, if you want to take R116 from my tablet, you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Or stop me running MPQ unless I upgrade, which usually gives me a couple of days.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Well, if you want to take R116 from my tablet, you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Or stop me running MPQ unless I upgrade, which usually gives me a couple of days.
    Yeah, same here. I turned off my automatic updates. I don't want my precious IM40 recharge to be more expensive.

Fun fact: on iOS, you can do parental restrictions and disable the app store. If you do this, and MPQ needs an update, it still displays the message box stating an update is required but it can't send you to the App Store... you can then continue to play the game. However, if any graphics were in that new release (like graphics showing a newly released character, say 4* Captain Marvel) they will show up as blank. As far as I can tell, you can still play the event though...

I know all this because I have my daughter's iPad locked down with parental controls. I turn off the restrictions to do app updates (and then turn the app store off when I'm done), but if I haven't done it in a while and a new update has been out for a while, I see the above behavior.
  • KidCharlemagne
    KidCharlemagne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Daken's animation has disappeared as well, but this is more an upgrade than a bug.
  • IM40 Yellow at max 5 covers costs 8 AP for me too. Steam user, the game just updated itself today.
  • _Kerub_
    _Kerub_ Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    im 40 (5/3/5) 8 yellow , steam, updated today
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56765

interesting aside I noticed the listed Characters who are also in the XBox One Version have the same power costs as the XBox One version
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    nigelregal wrote:
    I just started grinding the PVE map and i'm taking IM40 as I usually do. Today the AP cost is 8 for his yellow. My build is 3/5/5 right now. I went out and then checked to make sure and it is at 5 yellow and says cost is 6. This is my 3rd match in a row where it costs 8 ap. I'm up against Doom Hood Moonstone or some variant of that. Other characters powers are proper costs.

http://imgur.com/a/JpX6o

Wondering if this is just me.

In a recent PvP I respeced to 5 yellow to feed Hulk Buster and it was working on 6 for me. I'm not doing that with this current PvE though so I can't speak to that.

Platform: iOS
    wha?!?!? plz to tell me how you use two Ironmans on da same teamzz!?!?
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Same here on Android.

IM40 5/3/5. Character screen says cost is 6AP, but during a battle it's 8AP.

Definitely not a nerf, cuz then it would have been changed in the character description as well. This is a bug.

I'll be creating a support ticket (again).
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Same here. After update, it shows 6 on page but costs 8 in battle. Steam version.

EDIT: Juggs also has costs of his maxed greenflag.pngredflag.png as 6 on his page but 10 in battle
  • kilmer
    kilmer Posts: 14
    Same here. IM40 8 instead of 6. Haven't checked juggs or anyone else yet.

iPhone 7.
  • _Kerub_
    _Kerub_ Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    there are lot of problems not only im40 yellow
    black widow 2* blue and purple confused too
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Thank you for this thread. I'm really hoping this a bug, and not a premature nerf. I'm on android, and having the same issue, roster cost is fine, but in combat, the cost is 8ap.