IM40 yellow costs 8 ap [Fixed In R118]

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
I just started grinding the PVE map and i'm taking IM40 as I usually do. Today the AP cost is 8 for his yellow. My build is 3/5/5 right now. I went out and then checked to make sure and it is at 5 yellow and says cost is 6. This is my 3rd match in a row where it costs 8 ap. I'm up against Doom Hood Moonstone or some variant of that. Other characters powers are proper costs.

http://imgur.com/a/JpX6o

Wondering if this is just me.

This is character screen: http://imgur.com/a/LQknr

I am on steam. My game just did an update this morning and this is the first im playing since the update. I'll put in a support ticket. Thanks others for checking.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still 6 for me.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    nigelregal wrote:
    I just started grinding the PVE map and i'm taking IM40 as I usually do. Today the AP cost is 8 for his yellow. My build is 3/5/5 right now. I went out and then checked to make sure and it is at 5 yellow and says cost is 6. This is my 3rd match in a row where it costs 8 ap. I'm up against Doom Hood Moonstone or some variant of that. Other characters powers are proper costs.

http://imgur.com/a/JpX6o

Wondering if this is just me.

In a recent PvP I respeced to 5 yellow to feed Hulk Buster and it was working on 6 for me. I'm not doing that with this current PvE though so I can't speak to that.

Platform: iOS
  • grunzadin
    grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Costs 8 for me as well.

5/3/5 build, using Steam.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    5/5 Juggernaut has 10 AP cost on both powers. Also on Steam. I'd look at any character where increased levels gives decreased cost as being affected.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you also post a SS of your IM character screen?

3/5/5 should be 6 yellow and I verified that on my screen.

but. 5/5/3 is 7 yellow ap. So while I'm sure your right about how you think your IM is covered, lets just reverify.

Also do you have an 2nd duplicate IM by anychance? For some reason the game always want to try to sub in your **** duplicate for a high level champ.

goodluck. take lots of SS and send a ticket in.

I just saw the previous response. I'm on mobile and it looks like your SS is from steam?
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe it's an incoming nerf
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Both of Juggernaut's abilities cost 10 now too.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can everyone post their platform in their post. Maybe this is a bug tied to steam?
  • meekersX
    Magneto 2* is bugged the opposite way. Mine is built 3/5/5, but Magnetic Flux costs only 8 redflag.png to destroy 5x5 tiles. Iron Hammer costs only 6 blueflag.png to destroy 20 tiles on 2-turn CD.
  • meekersX
    I can pretty confidently say that the issue is that it's looking up AP costs from rank 1 of the ability, regardless of the current ability rank.
  • Sagirkedi93
    Sagirkedi93 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2017
    Probably this is a bug. System seeing this abilities at level1. This is why juggernauts abilitys cost 10 ap.if you can check blackwidow grey suits green. You must see a diffrence too if i'm rigth.
    Edit: I'm on android and i dont have any problem like this.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we confirm this is steam-only?

(For the record, i am on android)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    meekersX wrote:
    5/5 Juggernaut has 10 AP cost on both powers. Also on Steam. I'd look at any character where increased levels gives decreased cost as being affected.
    If those costs are stuck at basic-level cost, check Black Widow powers to see if her costs stay at rank 1 cost for rank 5 power. Sniper Rifle, Pistol, and Aggressive Recon might all be buffed by the same bug.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Is it possible this is a change with the R117 update? I see it sitting in my app store (iOS) and it says "Character balances" but nothing else. Well actually it says to go to d3go.com for more details but...there's nothing here icon_rolleyes.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also are the steam users reporting this on R117? It could be an R117 bug that affects all platforms, but most people haven't updated yet.
  • meekersX
    I am a Steam user, updated to R117.
  • meekersX
    My GSBW is built 5/3/5. Sniper Rifle costs only 15 greenflag.png . Pistol costs only 12 redflag.png . It confirms the theory.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Just updated iOS to 117 on my phone. IM40 and Juggernaut power costs are still showing the same in the character pages, but when I play IM40, it does indeed show as 8ap for Recharge now (he's at 3/5/5). I already did the DDQ today, so no idea yet on Juggs.

Gonna submit a ticket.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Why was this moved to bugs and technical issues? For all we know this is a "balance" in R117. It could use some traffic in general discussion (since lets face it that's really all anyone looks at).
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    On steam. Just updated to R117

I just tested 3* widow (5 3 5) and 2* magneto (3 5 5)

http://imgur.com/a/NZihO
    included version as well here

http://imgur.com/a/wGOen