Thanos as Essential

1235»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Speaking of 3nos black, why do covers 3/4 hurt YOUR team more than the enemy team?

Only explanation is that they want to incentive 5-black builds.

I think they just bugged the numbers. Hopefully he'll get a fix soon.

Been a long time since they released a character whose best build is to not get 13 covers.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    New strategy: tank with 3*Thanos until he's dead, then delivery the final death blow. Uses less health packs I think.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I found the most effective strategy for Thanos was to pair him with 4* Punisher. Stun both teammates and do AOE damage to the enemy? Don't mind if I do.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another mitigation option is to try to not kill anyone until everyone is below the court death damage threshold. I tested and proved last night that the passive doesn't stack, so if you kill Enemy A and enemy B is killed by Court Death, Court Death will not run a second time even if Enemy C is still up. Obviously you have to weigh this against the extra damage you take from leaving the characters up longer, but it could be useful.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Another mitigation option is to try to not kill anyone until everyone is below the court death damage threshold. I tested and proved last night that the passive doesn't stack, so if you kill Enemy A and enemy B is killed by Court Death, Court Death will not run a second time even if Enemy C is still up. Obviously you have to weigh this against the extra damage you take from leaving the characters up longer, but it could be useful.

But how is this more useful than just using another, better character? 3* thanos is more or less trash tier.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Speaking of 3nos black, why do covers 3/4 hurt YOUR team more than the enemy team?

Only explanation is that they want to incentive 5-black builds.

I think they just bugged the numbers. Hopefully he'll get a fix soon.

Been a long time since they released a character whose best build is to not get 13 covers.

Debatable. Agent Venom's alien weakness is probably best at 5 overall, but could be better at 0 for a few potential teammates.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    broll wrote:

But how is this more useful than just using another, better character? 3* thanos is more or less trash tier.

We're talking about being forced to use him as an essential in PvE. So that option is a moot point to this discussion.

But yes, if possible just don't use him, that kinda goes without saying. icon_lol.gif