Thanos as Essential

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    You could try Fastball Special; throw him airborne before downing anyone. He doesn't have any direct damage powers so he shouldn't kill anyone else on his return.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I agree; he's ****. Not only is his black doing more damage to me than it is to the enemy, but it's doing more damage than the enemy. Thano5 looks awesome, but 3anos is awful.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just awful, if you are not in a hurry damage him to the point of death in another node. Then I take him in the essential and let the enemy kill him straight away. Then when he gets up play the node again straight away when he has next to no health. Rinse and repeat. Understandably only good for casual play like mine.

For me he's the worst 3*. I can't see me ever moving him from level 40. The less damage he does the better, in fact I might just reject covers for his passive.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Note to devs. The puzzle part of this game mainly comes from juggling health packs. Therefore, characters that save health packs = yay, characters that cost you even more health packs = boo.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    halirin wrote:
    Almost as annoying as the gifs

You can turn off images in posts from the User Control Panel. It's a bit of an overcorrection, though, since it turns off static images as well. Wish we had an option to just shut off animated .gif images.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    halirin wrote:

You can turn off images in posts from the User Control Panel. It's a bit of an overcorrection, though, since it turns off static images as well. Wish we had an option to just shut off animated .gif images.

If you have Adblock (and ANYONE who is surfing the web should) all you have to do is right click on it and block it like an ad.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    4 clears on that node is no beuno. you want to save it for last or use characters you really dont like icon_e_biggrin.gif

Exactly.. this is a great time to use those awesome 3*s such as Colosuss, Spidey and Sentry!

I decided not to add his black cover to avoid the nonsense damage.
    Oh, Colossus! Thank you! Hurl Thanos is the air, then punch someone to death.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys are all misreading Thanos! He is the ideal partner for shield hopping against grill teams. All you need to do is kill the loaner and the passive helps speed up attacks on the rest. Its not sentry bombing fast, but he will be an ideal third for grill eating expeditions.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Do shield tiles reduce the damage? Does quake?
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    On the plus side Thanos will be interesting to fight against, since if you start to lose then you still have some chance to use character deaths to blow up opponents, like suicide bombers.

But yeah, my best tries have been using multiple AoEs at once. I went in with Ghost Rider/Iceman and managed to kill everything at the same time once or twice.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    halirin wrote:
    Do shield tiles reduce the damage? Does quake?
    Quake doesn't reduce self damage. Characters that reduce damage to themselves like Colossus might. I know he takes less damage from icon_carnage.pngredflag.png, while his yellowflag.png is active.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    A single node is bad enough. His PvP event is going to be unbearable.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    TeamStewie wrote:
    halirin wrote:

If you have Adblock (and ANYONE who is surfing the web should) all you have to do is right click on it and block it like an ad.

Ah! Thank you for this. Moving sigs make me crazy.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    TeamStewie wrote:
    halirin wrote:

Thanks for the info. I use Adblock Plus, but can't figure out how to do this.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Come on, he is awesome.
    Teaming him with OML and 5* Phoenix (activating her passive was always a huge problem for me icon_e_biggrin.gif ) is great. Sure, you must get them at high level but then you will be cutting trough PvE like nothing icon_e_smile.gif
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just paired him with 4* Punisher and stunned him before using Punisher to clean up the rabble. Galactus helped big time since it got me the last cover I needed to champ him.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    Come on, he is awesome.
    Teaming him with OML and 5* Phoenix (activating her passive was always a huge problem for me icon_e_biggrin.gif ) is great. Sure, you must get them at high level but then you will be cutting trough PvE like nothing icon_e_smile.gif
    Sounds iffy. Make sure that purple is never out, cause Phoenix and OML will be straight worthless for both teams then No From the Ashes, no strike tiles from anything, no changing tiles red. It could let you use Phoenix's Psychic Flames without it putting out the enemy tiles though.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if his passive was a mistake. I mean, 5* Thanos' team damage is something like 1/4 of the enemy team damage. For a 3* to do near equal damage to the entire playing field seems wonky.

Someone said before, I think, imagine taking him into a survival node. You'd never make it in some of them. You couldn't finish 4* DDQ with him.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Sidenote: 3* steangecs blue is awesomre too. Maybe as good as his passive.

Agree on 3* thanos. He looks like ****.

Decent stun, good damage and AP drain. I frickin' LOVE his blue.

The Thanos essential is balls.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    What hell whiners. It goes off what. Twice? Once per kill. And it's not that big of a deal. He'll bring in a strike tile guy and it's awesome. Helps speed things along